Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

And so it begins

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

I admit that when I saw today's breaking news on InfoWars.com about Chase Bank limiting cash withdrawals and banning international wire transfers, I was skeptical. Many readers didn't believe it, either. So just to check it out, I called my own accounting team to ask if we had received a similar letter from Chase, announcing that no international wire transfers would be allowed after Nov. 17th.

Sure enough, we were sent the same letter! I've posted a JPG image of the letter below so you can read it for yourself.

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2hyTyHnzM

Edited by Saru, 17 October 2013 - 10:51 AM.
Reduced copied text

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#2    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

This sounds like it might be true for that customer, but not other customers. The allegations made by this customer about why this is being done are probably nonsense.

Let me ask why a customer would be restricted from making international transfers. Why do you think a company would be in trouble for sending money outside of the country they are in?

#3    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Poststereologist, on 17 October 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

This sounds like it might be true for that customer, but not other customers. The allegations made by this customer about why this is being done are probably nonsense.

Let me ask why a customer would be restricted from making international transfers. Why do you think a company would be in trouble for sending money outside of the country they are in?

Seriously, thats your responce? You arent even gonna take 5 mins to find out how true this is before you make assumptions. Cause you know what they say about assumptions dont cha?

Besides, if you actualy read the article, you will quickly see your assumptions are wrong, and chase is openly admitting this is new policy

Edited by preacherman76, 17 October 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#4    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

• All cash activity, including cash withdrawals and deposits, will be halted at "$50,000 per statement cycle." How are businesses who deal with a lot of cash (such as restaurants) supposed to function under such restrictions?

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2hyZndWl8

Since my post was edited, I just wanted to add this bit of info cause of its huge relevence. Especialy to those who will be to lazy to click the link.

#5    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Does this apply to business and investment accounts, or is it just personal savings accounts?
if it's the former, then smells like preparations for bail-ins.
what is a "statement cycle"? one month? one year?

#6    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostLittle Fish, on 17 October 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Does this apply to business and investment accounts, or is it just personal savings accounts?

Natural news is a business, and they got the letter.

#7    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Im still not clear on exactly what a statment cycle is. But from what Ive gathered so far I think its monthly.

#8    Little Fish

Little Fish

Government Agent

• 4,000 posts

• The default position is to give a ****

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

if this a planned currency devaluation, then i would ask what is china doing?
has a deal been struck with them, if not they are going to be somewhat annoyed by this.

#9    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostLittle Fish, on 17 October 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

if this a planned currency devaluation, then i would ask what is china doing?
has a deal been struck with them, if not they are going to be somewhat annoyed by this.

Id say a deal has definitly been struck. Just the other day China was calling for the dollar to step down to a world reserve currency

#10    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 17 October 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Seriously, thats your responce? You arent even gonna take 5 mins to find out how true this is before you make assumptions. Cause you know what they say about assumptions dont cha?

Besides, if you actualy read the article, you will quickly see your assumptions are wrong, and chase is openly admitting this is new policy
Actually, Chase is applying policy to a particular customer. The assumptions begin with that dubious agenda site called NaturalNews.

#11    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 17 October 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

• All cash activity, including cash withdrawals and deposits, will be halted at "$50,000 per statement cycle." How are businesses who deal with a lot of cash (such as restaurants) supposed to function under such restrictions?

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2hyZndWl8

Since my post was edited, I just wanted to add this bit of info cause of its huge relevence. Especialy to those who will be to lazy to click the link.
Your post was edited because you were likely in violation of copyright laws and the terms and use of this forum.

#12    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostLittle Fish, on 17 October 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

As with all businesses the term statement cycle is defined in the contract between Chase and the customer. Typical statement cycles are one month unless the contract states otherwise.

The letter makes it clear that the customer is of a particular class of customers. Had people taken the time to look they would see that this applies to smaller businesses.

#13    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

This has nothing to do with currency values. The only people making absurd claims about Chase are those from wacko agenda sites that love to play the doom and gloom card at every turn.

I ask again although it seems this is too hard for people to figure out:

Let me ask why a customer would be restricted from making international transfers.
Why do you think a company would be in trouble for sending money outside of the country they are in?

Simple questions really. Think and you will begin to get ideas as to what this letter is all about.

#14    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,038 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Let's see if Chase allows international wire transfers
https://www.chase.co...ments-transfers

Wire transfers outside of the U.S.: Our simple international wire transfer interface allows you to see and lock in competitive exchange rates before you schedule your payment in an eligible foreign currency.

Look at that Chase still allows international wire transfers outside the US.

So I ask again, why do you think a business is being restricted from sending money outside of the US?

#15    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,830 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Poststereologist, on 17 October 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

As with all businesses the term statement cycle is defined in the contract between Chase and the customer. Typical statement cycles are one month unless the contract states otherwise.

View Poststereologist, on 17 October 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Actually, Chase is applying policy to a particular customer. The assumptions begin with that dubious agenda site called NaturalNews.

The first sentence of the article proves you wrong

The letter makes it clear that the customer is of a particular class of customers. Had people taken the time to look they would see that this applies to smaller businesses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users