Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[merged] What would you see in a black hole?

Still Waters

A trip into a black hole is a one-way journey. Once you cross the event horizon - the point at which light can't escape - there's no turning back. Most likely, you'd die a violent death. If you're not deterred, let's at least explore what we might see if we were to visit one.

http://www.bbc.com/f...in-a-black-hole

To quote the eminent physicist, Dr. Sheldon Cooper.....

What you would see in a black hole is a man with a flashlight looking for a circuit-breaker.

• Like 2

empty black darkness

• Like 1

Asides from the incomprehensible terror associated with certain death, the fragmentation of time and compaction and bending of space as well as the warping of the *rules* of the universe?

I would have to say, darkness. And lots of it. I mean just massive amounts of black. It is like a goth's wet-dream dream up and in those black holes.

Who's to say there is any 'inside' of a black hole in which to see anything? Perhaps the event horizon is 'it', the point where spacetime stops - the 'surface' of the universe - so it is a boundary that cannot be crossed.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

Light can not escape from black hole but what about light which comes from outside space? In black hole, if survived entry :D one would see rest of the universe in beautiful, magnified way - many times brighter and mysterious then nights sky looks like from Earth. Maybe everything would be rotating around so fast, similar to looking through kaleidoscope but picture is rotating like 100 times in second.

Or it would be simply black, who knows :D

lost socks

• Like 3

Time would slow down to the point you would have to wait billions of years or more to see what is on the other side.

I`m quite sure that the inside of BHs are the brightest spots within the universe but I do not have an explanation now

for that thought.

• Like 1

Probably just like a colonoscopy........the prep is the worst part.

• 10 months later...

What would it be like to fly a spacecraft into a black hole? Marcus Woo investigates.

Something about a black hole just pulls you in. Sure, its gravity is so strong that not even light can elude its grasp. But, there's something else, something harder to pinpoint. Maybe it's a black hole's absolute darkness, a mysterious, infinite chasm that dares you – or even compels you – to venture closer.

A trip into a black hole is a one-way journey. Once you cross the event horizon – the point at which light can't escape – there's no turning back. Most likely, you'd die a violent death. If you're not deterred, let's at least explore what we might see if we were to visit one.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150501-what-youd-see-in-a-black-hole

• Like 1

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

we now have textiles more black than a black hole.

Great article, thanks. For anyone interested, the black hole presented in the movie "Interstellar", Gargantua, although toned down a bit for dramatic effect, was one of the most accurate depictions to date. https://www.newscien...-too-confusing/

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

we now have textiles more black than a black hole.

Do those textiles give off Hawking Radiation?

• Like 1

Do those textiles give off Hawking Radiation?

no

Stephen Hawking suggests black holes could lead to other universes like ours, but I don't think so. I think what ever is in the holes is way beyond our imagination, heaven perhaps?

Edited by docyabut2

Stephen Hawking suggests black holes could lead to other universes like ours, but I don't think so. I think what ever is in the holes is way beyond our imagination, heaven perhaps?

if he's correct then we are in a black hole.