Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#1    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,903 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

There are two stories that I always thought to be made until I did some research myself.  The first being the giant human skeletons found all over North America when first being explored by Europeans.  From what I've read most were over eight feet tall and buried within mounds.  Some were claimed to have sandstones buried with them carved with hieroglyphics.  These were all found during a time when religion had heavy influence and all mysteriously disappeared on the trips across the Atlantic.

The other story I've heard has been documented one time in a newspaper in Arizona.  I can't remember the date off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure in the late 1800's to early 1900's is when a guy exploring the Grand Canyon found some strange looking ruins.  He told his story in the newspaper the next day, but ever since then that area of the Grand Canyon has been blocked by(I know this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I assure I'm not) the government.  It was never mentioned again.

I can't say for sure these actually happened, but I personally believe they did.  I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of these events.

#2    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

There are two stories that I always thought to be made until I did some research myself.  The first being the giant human skeletons found all over North America when first being explored by Europeans.  From what I've read most were over eight feet tall and buried within mounds.  Some were claimed to have sandstones buried with them carved with hieroglyphics.  These were all found during a time when religion had heavy influence and all mysteriously disappeared on the trips across the Atlantic.

The other story I've heard has been documented one time in a newspaper in Arizona.  I can't remember the date off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure in the late 1800's to early 1900's is when a guy exploring the Grand Canyon found some strange looking ruins.  He told his story in the newspaper the next day, but ever since then that area of the Grand Canyon has been blocked by(I know this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I assure I'm not) the government.  It was never mentioned again.

I can't say for sure these actually happened, but I personally believe they did.  I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of these events.

Yes, I've heard them, but never once in a context that is believable.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#3    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,399 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:09 AM

Cool. Yes, there is an area in the Grand Canyon. That is completely & totally blocked off from the public. Makes you wonder what is really "there."

#4    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

Cool. Yes, there is an area in the Grand Canyon. That is completely & totally blocked off from the public. Makes you wonder what is really "there."

I dunno... unstable cliffs? Flash flood basins? Rapids?

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#5    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,106 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:32 AM

wasnt there a giant skeleton found in the uk that was later debuniked as a fake?

I remeber seeing pictures of it when i was younger

but yeah i dont think giants could live in those areas. It just seems taht it is and would have been too arid to support "large people"

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#6    Dan Dare

Dan Dare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

• Pilot of the Future

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

Grand Canyon Arisona.  Parts of this canyon are allso not very clear in google earth ? does make you wonder ?

Posted Image
"Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozen." --(Michel Eyquem de Montaigne)

#7    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,399 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

wasnt there a giant skeleton found in the uk that was later debuniked as a fake?

I remeber seeing pictures of it when i was younger

but yeah i dont think giants could live in those areas. It just seems taht it is and would have been too arid to support "large people"

Yeah. But the people who did that. Only wanted to get "rich" or something. :/ I believe that was in the States around the 1800's.

QUOTE(Jaylemurp)
I dunno... unstable cliffs? Flash flood basins? Rapids?

--Jaylemurph

Are there even parts of the canyon. That's not explored?

QUOTE(Im Stuck Posted Today @  09:52 AM)
Grand Canyon Arisona. Parts of this canyon are allso not very clear in google earth ? does make you wonder ?

Awsome. grin2.gif

#8    omega81

omega81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

View PostWickian, on May 11 2007, 10:56 PM, said:

I tink they might be thruth in Romania wore founde 80 skeletons over 4 meters high by pesants in 1950 and many other similar cases but nobody wose intresed by them, the sites wore closed like nothing ever happend they are used for agriculture or somenthing now and the skeletons wore confiscated by the goverment. Any old man in Romania knows by the existens of giant skeletons,  they wore many cases at that time,  nowone wos intresed by them because every time they foud one it wose took by the goverment and never heard about it again, popel are starting to forget and the young don't care, as the rest of the world they belive that are simple stories. The press don't write about this subjet becaus they don't want to get in troubel, onlly few articles can be found today http://www.libertate...950-217782.html

Edited by omega81, 15 August 2009 - 01:14 PM.

#9    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Yes, I've heard them, but never once in a context that is believable.

I second that...

Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#10    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

4 meters tall? thats a 50cms dicky!!! oh, no more jokes. Interesting subject by the way, didnt know about this.

This is a deep thought.... subsoil.

#11    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

There have been plenty of instances over time where giant skulls, skeletons and giant artifacts have been found all around the world. Of course you don't hear about it at college, universtity or from the mainstream news, as it's covered up so well, it's as if it never existed or it will be called a hoax and some bull story will be cooked up and the people will believe it.

There have been fakes yes, but there have been confirmed real finds as well.

It must be a hoax...it has to be a hoax, because if these are real, indeed, which some finds have been confirmed to be exactly that. It throughs what we think we know and what they teach us about the human race and Earth's history into absolute turmoil.

This skull belonged to someone at least 12ft tall....... http://www.crystalin...m/incahead1.jpg
Skeptics say it's just a disformed skull, though there have been plenty of skulls found like this worldwide. Also the capacity of this skull is bigger than that of a human.

This is a giant bone found in Turkey..... http://members.toast...ntHumanLeg2.jpg

Giant axes found in Sumer..... http://www.bibliotec...tchers10_09.jpg

Skull of an unknown race found in Pennsylvania....... http://www.burlingto...skullhorned.jpg
When it was sent off for testing, it suddenly went missing, how convenient that was, eh.

But as these blow Darwninism out of the water and pretty much most accepted history, they are filtered out and either called or hoax or they will smear anyone who dares to speak out.

Edited by Hocus, 15 August 2009 - 03:46 PM.

"To consider the earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow"
-Methodorus.
Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.

#12    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

I looked at the crystalinks site where you got that skull picture from.

Well, here it is again, but with a bit extra (from the same site):

Posted Image

And then you will see it's not the skull of some 'giant', but of a normal human being who's head has been artificilally reshaped.

#13    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

View PostHocus, on Aug 15 2009, 11:45 AM, said:

There have been plenty of instances over time where giant skulls, skeletons and giant artifacts have been found all around the world. Of course you don't hear about it at college, universtity or from the mainstream news, as it's covered up so well, it's as if it never existed or it will be called a hoax and some bull story will be cooked up and the people will believe it.

Oh, please.

Clearly you've never even been around a university history department, or you wouldn't try to suggest some sort of massive cover-up. The idea of a bunch of /any/ college professors, let alone historians, agreeing to any one thing exists only in CT mythology. Again, I just don't think absolute ignorance is the best place to criticize from. Or to theorize from, frankly.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#14    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

They were creating 'aliens' in Africa, around 1930:

Posted Image

That little guy must now have grown to about 12 feet or something... heh.

http://www.iamcultur....php?article188

#15    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

View PostAbramelin, on Aug 15 2009, 05:01 PM, said:

I looked at the crystalinks site where you got that skull picture from.

Well, here it is again, but with a bit extra (from the same site):

Posted Image

And then you will see it's not the skull of some 'giant', but of a normal human being who's head has been artificilally reshaped.

Just because the photograph i used was from Crystalinks, does that mean i have to agree with the theories given by them? That's all they are... theories.

Not to mention the capacity of the skull and many others like it have a BIGGER capacity than a human skull, you can bash and mishape your head as much as you wish, but you can't change the capacity. That's a fact. And the capacity of these such skulls were over twice that for a human skull. That's also a fact. So either this skull goes against an obvious scientific fact or...... it didn't belong to a human being.

"To consider the earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow"
-Methodorus.
Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users