Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3 Reasons Why I Don't Buy Doomsday 2012

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Listening

Listening

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

Bad news sells!  Fear sells!  Make a million selling 2012 Survival Kits!  Ask me how!

#32    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

1./ Nostradamus hasn't said anything about the End of the World in 2012.
2./ The Mayan Calendar is a Calendar, not a Prophecy.
3./ nbsp;The World Has Already Ended X Times Before.

i've just got an open mind on the subject.. but no so much my brains are falling out..

1) i don't see how it all hinges on nostradamus? (and as another poster said, if he DID mention it, would that confirm it?)

2) yeah. it IS a calendar. calendars track/chart time. when a certain amount of 'time' has elapsed (ie:month) a new period begins. when a certain amount of 'times' has elapsed (ie:12 months) another period begins (ad nauseum)

3) ended? (looks around.. blinks) ..things still seem to be existing? ..they're talking about 'ages' ..an 'age' will end, the mayan prophecy describes this. read up on it?

if you don't care to delve into the scene any deeper because nostradamus isn't involved.. i'm still pondering any significance of 12,000 / 26,000 year cycles (kali yuga etc) and proven previous ice-ages etc, (consider that they have found mammoths snap-frozen with food still in stomach) ..certain bible phrases supposedly uttered by jesus, unconfirmed reports of da-vinci's mentioning 2012 events, crop circle depictions of planetary alignments [supposedly] on 2012 showing sun expanded to venus orbit [what does this represent i wonder?], notwithstanding there does seem to be an alignment to galactic centre during this time, plus anything else i'm forgetting off the top of my head..

the 2012 event could be a corona ejection or some other sun activity that ejects a blast wave of sorts onto earth, this resulting wave could trigger a magnetic reversal on earth and a shifting of the land masses (pole flip, which have apparently happened before in earths past)

all these different disaster scenarios may endup just being parts of the same event?

consider also "we all know our planet and we inhabitants CAN NOT continue to exist for much longer if we continue doing what we are doing" (does anyone disagree with that???) we could also be in for a 'staged event' (insert NWO here?)

i'm kinda with SpiderCyde on this one.. SOMETHING DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT ABOUT THIS.

i will resolve to become a systemite drone on 1/1/13.. untill then i'm keeping my options open..

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#33    churchanddestroy

churchanddestroy

Secretary of No State

• 3,088 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

When 2012 comes and goes, and nothing happens, I am going to stand on the rooftops with a megaphone and berate everyone who was foolish enough to buy into yet another "end of the world/things be a changin" conspiracy. Remember Y2K? Remember every other prophecy? Remember what happened? Oh yeah, NOTHING.

When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

#34    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

View Postunit, on 21 October 2009 - 07:23 PM, said:

the 2012 event could be a corona ejection or some other sun activity that ejects a blast wave of sorts onto earth, this resulting wave could trigger a magnetic reversal on earth and a shifting of the land masses (pole flip, which have apparently happened before in earths past)

A corona ejection (should be a coronal mass ejection or CME) is an ejection of material from the solar corona. The ejected material is a plasma consisting primarily of electrons and protons, plus the entraining coronal magnetic field.
When the ejection reaches the Earth, it may disrupt the Earth's magnetosphere, compressing it on the day side and extending the night-side tail. When the magnetosphere reconnects on the nightside, it creates trillions of watts of power which is directed back toward the Earth's upper atmosphere. This process can cause particularly strong aurora also known as aurora borealis (in the Northern Hemisphere), and aurora australis (in the Southern Hemisphere).
CME events, along with solar flares, can disrupt radio transmissions, cause power outages and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission lines.

This might or might not trigger a reversal or "shift" of the magnetic poles, but that this is a process that takes thousands of years to complete and that it has no influence whatsoever on the land masses (for anything like that you'd need a physical impact of some kind).

Because the magnetic field has never been observed to reverse by humans with instrumentation and the mechanism of field generation is not well understood, it is difficult which characteristics of the magnetic field might be leading up to a reversal. It is speculated, that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals. There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users