Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

End of the world on 11/22/33

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#46    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 January 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

2450 packets of cigs?  Which food group is that exactly?
eating out of desperation I think.
just incase I get bored, what with no t.v or internet!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#47    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 January 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

eating out of desperation I think.
just incase I get bored, what with no t.v or internet!

What can I say. The fact you are expecting boredom during the apocalypse is unusual, more realistic than a history channel documentary on the topic, but your boredom might be a creation of your own devise.

Your smokes might also become stale in the meanwhile and by 2033 I doubt Big Tobacco is still in business. Are you ready for the "No Smoking" signs during the apocalypse.

#48    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostI believe you, on 12 January 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

What can I say. The fact you are expecting boredom during the apocalypse is unusual, more realistic than a history channel documentary on the topic, but your boredom might be a creation of your own devise.

Your smokes might also become stale in the meanwhile and by 2033 I doubt Big Tobacco is still in business. Are you ready for the "No Smoking" signs during the apocalypse.
there will be no "no smoking signs" in my bunker.
i will have lots of books to keep myself occupied too.
As for keeping yourself occupied, its difficult to say yet, we do not know if we will bunkered for years or able to stroll around like theres no tomorrow.
Best be prepared for any outcome.

that reminds me:
Note to self:
pack boots.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#49    K_Bonita

K_Bonita

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

• For every dark night,there's a brighter day.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostArtaxerxes, on 01 January 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

The end of the world comes for each individual person the day they die.   For all practical purposes that will be the end of this world.  .

Art

Couldn`t have said it better :)

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

#50    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

*Sigh*

Another end of the world date?
Someone put me out of my misery.

#51    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,742 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

I dont know are really care, but i do know that i am ready and prepared, I still have:
154 tins of baked beans,
127 tins of corned beef
108 cans of diet coke
2450 packets of cigs

from last time.

What, no fine wine or such?

#52    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,742 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 12 January 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

*Sigh*

Another end of the world date?
Someone put me out of my misery.

Why not put them out of their misery instead?

#53    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,797 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postpallidin, on 12 January 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

What, no fine wine or such?
Oh dear.....i am going to need a bigger truck!
thanks for reminding me.

NOTE TO SELF:
Get overdraft and then get 180 bottles of fine wine...screw top preferably.

#54    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostI believe you, on 01 January 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Does anyone know why the end of the world has been pushed back to 11/22/33 and if not the end of the world then what will happen that day?

Because that is when the doomsday soothsayers that were born in 2012 will be 21. (If I did my math correctly, but if I didn't just pretend I did, otherwise, this post wouldn't be as lightheartedly funny).

Whenever a doomsday soothsayer turns out to be wrong, I actually feel relived. As in, 'I am so glad I didn't get that wholesaler's (sam's club/cosco) membership card.'

I wonder how the businesses that have mostly doomsday preppers as customers feel when a soothsayers prediction turns out to be hokum.

Something to think about I suppose.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#55    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

View Postpallidin, on 12 January 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Why not put them out of their misery instead?

It would be illegal to kill thousands.
:lol:

#56    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostAsadora, on 15 January 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Because that is when the doomsday soothsayers that were born in 2012 will be 21. (If I did my math correctly, but if I didn't just pretend I did, otherwise, this post wouldn't be as lightheartedly funny).

Whenever a doomsday soothsayer turns out to be wrong, I actually feel relived. As in, 'I am so glad I didn't get that wholesaler's (sam's club/cosco) membership card.'

I wonder how the businesses that have mostly doomsday preppers as customers feel when a soothsayers prediction turns out to be hokum.

Something to think about I suppose.

lol @ the 21 joke, very much end of the world.

I am relieved too.

This is an interesting perspective regarding buying in bulk and wholesale clubs. I would like to see data regarding if their sales spike during predicted doomsday events.

Of course buying in bulk is a recent phenomena due to our dependence on vehicles as a society. Before and hope soon again most people will shop daily for staples and that night's dinner from a store that is walking distance.

And as well in a world with less oil and cars there might be less doomsday predictions. If there is imagine the doomsdayers walking back and forth to the store to stock up, how many trips would it take, and how healthy will they be after their marathon strolling.

Thanks for being able to make fun of the situation but not having to make fun of the people who believe in the end of the world themselves. I find those who do are not very cheerful people to talk to.

Edited by I believe you, 16 January 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#57    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostI believe you, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

lol @ the 21 joke, very much end of the world.

I am relieved too.

This is an interesting perspective regarding buying in bulk and wholesale clubs. I would like to see data regarding if their sales spike during predicted doomsday events.

Of course buying in bulk is a recent phenomena due to our dependence on vehicles as a society. Before and hope soon again most people will shop daily for staples and that night's dinner from a store that is walking distance.

And as well in a world with less oil and cars there might be less doomsday predictions. If there is imagine the doomsdayers walking back and forth to the store to stock up, how many trips would it take, and how healthy will they be after their marathon strolling.

Thanks for being able to make fun of the situation but not having to make fun of the people who believe in the end of the world themselves. I find those who do are not very cheerful people to talk to.

Your reply has sparked my mental thinking.

I wonder how many doomsday preppers are in the UK. Where would they stock all that bulk stuff? The houses in this country are much smaller compared to an average sized American home. (Source: I'm American, but live in England).

I live in a Victorian 3 bedroom mid-terrace with a cellar. Only so much stuff can be stocked in the cellar, or at least that is what my husband tells me, for I have -never- went down there.

Thank you for this delightful ponderment;) I agree we can make a funny out of the situation, but never let a doomsday soothsayer hear, because yes, that does tend to upset them.

'You are on my No list now.'

;)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#58    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Unless y'all can find it anywhere else online, I believe I made this up, it's just a little gag. No need to make a big deal about soothsayers being false or anything, I was poking fun at the numerology thing that many soothsayers do with their dating and the like.

View PostHasina, on 01 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Posted Image

~MEH~

#59    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Oh good because that is 20 years in the future and more than likely I'll be dead by then so I will miss it!

Whew!  

Art

#60    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

I've got piles of dry noodles saved up for the post-apocalyptic world because I loves me some noodles.

Art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users