Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Merged - Lauryn Hill committed by court

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,511 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

http://tinyurl.com/cpabmhu

The young singer was saying things she wasn't supposed to say, perhaps even in songs, and a court found her guilty of some damn thing or the other.

Any thoughts on this mind control effort?

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Last i heard about her was when my housemate told me to listen to a song of hers and she said to listen to the words, it was definitely saying some interesting things. Makes you wonder.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

She's probably right about the music industry and yes if you say the wrong thing on your blog you will get a visit from the police.  I think she went to jail because she didn't pay her taxes.  At least that is what I got from the story.

What was the judges order other than going to jail that is brainwashing.  Did I miss something.

#4    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

:o This is the most worrying thing I've read in a long time. It's like a step back to the worst of Europe in the early 1900s.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#5    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,097 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Those considered hostile to authority have already been tagged as sufferers of “oppositional defiant disorder” under the the DSM-IV-TR Manual.

The definition of this mental illness is, “a recurrent pattern of negativistic, defiant, disobedient. and hostile behavior toward authority figures that persists for at least 6 months.

I think the opposite of this should be considered a mental illness.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#6    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

This is absurd. It seems the "thought police" are a true reality now. The establishment is literally telling us that if we don't recognize reality as what they tell us it is then "legally" we are mentally ill.

It's like the scene from "1984" by George Orwell in which the main character, Winston Smith, is being tortured due to his thoughts. They keep showing him four fingers and asking how many are being held up. They keep shocking him until he finally answers correctly (that the four fingers shown is really five if that's what the government tells him it is).

Edited by Left-Field, 08 May 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#7    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,326 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Didn't she go to jail for failing to pay over $2 million in taxes?

#8    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Beany, on 08 May 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Didn't she go to jail for failing to pay over $2 million in taxes?

The article states she received 3 months jail time due to some tax law violation. That is a separate issue though.

The article states she was also ordered to "undergo counseling because of her conspiracy theories" (apparently her beliefs about how the music industry is operated).

The article does not state she was sentenced to jail time for her thoughts about the music industry. It distinguishes between what the jail time was the result of and what the order to undergo counseling was in regards to.

#9    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,704 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Jail for thought-crimes? ...

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#10    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,511 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Her perspective from the music business is interesting, but I know nothing about that business.  I find it hard to believe that the military industrial complex has anything to do with the business, but anything is possible.

As others have noted, the tax issues are separate from her unorthodox thoughts and political observations, but were they the mechanism that got her in front of the judge in the first place?

It is certainly a bad precedent in this age of the Global War On Terrorism.  Completely Orwellian, but actually happening. Mind Control as a function of the criminal justice system.  Not exactly new, but certainly raised to a higher level. :cry:

#11    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,731 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

http://www.davidicke...for-lauryn-hill

'Grammy award-winning singer Lauren Hill has been ordered by a judge to “undergo counseling because of her conspiracy theories.” What was her conspiracy theory? That the music industry oppresses people with actual talent in favor of pumping out mindless nonsense.'

The source is just the first site that came up on google. But it is on tons of sites just look in to it.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#12    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

So is it a thought-crime or thinking-out-loud -crime?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#13    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

Mikko-kun, on 09 May 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

So is it a thought-crime or thinking-out-loud -crime?

Well, thinking out loud involves thought, so in that sense it is a thought crime.

ETA: Why is this in the conspiracy section? It's news. The judge actually ordered her to undergo counseling for her thoughts and beliefs about how the music industry operates. There is no conspiracy theory here.

From a source that isn't regarded as "pro-conspiracy:" Lauryn Hill Issue (International Business Times)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reclusive soul superstar Lauryn Hill has been jailed over an enormous unpaid tax bill.

Fugees singer Hill, 37, was sentenced to three months' jail followed by three months' home confinement for failing to pay $500,000 to the taxman in the United States.

Hill claimed the sum was outstanding because she had "withdrawn from society" after alleged threats against her family.

She was imprisoned after failing to pay the amount within the stipulated two-week timeframe.
During her trial, Hill was ordered by the judge in Newark, New Jersey to undergo counselling because of her conspiracy theories - including that artists are being oppressed by a plot involving the military and media.

Hill pleaded guilty to charges of tax evasion last year. Her lawyers said she had paid more than $970,000 of an outstanding tax bill which amounted to more than $2m.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one is claiming Hill was sentenced to jail time for her thoughts - only the counseling. Every source linked to presenting this story clearly states the jail time was the result of her not paying her taxes and that the order to undergo counseling was the result of her beliefs regarding how the music industry is operated.

This is a news item, not a conspiracy or a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Left-Field, 10 May 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#14    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,900 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

spartan max2, on 09 May 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

'What was her conspiracy theory? That the music industry oppresses people with actual talent in favor of pumping out mindless nonsense.'

But that's the way the music industry has always worked.

Edited by Likely Guy, 10 May 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#15    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Cannot believe all the bleeding over of conspiracy theories.

This definitely belongs in the conspiracy theory section.

The title of the thread states she was committed. She was not "committed" which means being forced to go to the insane asylum or other treatment center.

The OP in the thread is from Alex Jones' website.

No mainstream sources on google news can be found that claims she was sentenced to therapy.

The link provided by Left-Field is from a reporter in the UK and he probably got his information from Alex Jones' site.

If the question is: Why are no other mainstream news sites reporting that she was sentenced to therapy?

If the answer is: Because mainstream news sites are hiding the truth...

Then that is a conspiracy theory!!!

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 10 May 2013 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users