Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GMO Wheat Found In Oregon Field

Still Waters

A farmer in Oregon has found some genetically engineered wheat growing on his land. It's an unwelcome surprise, because this type of wheat has never been approved for commercial planting.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture says it's , trying to find out how this wheat got there. The USDA says there's no risk to public health, but wheat are worried about how their customers in Asia and Europe will react.

http://www.npr.org/b...wd-it-get-there

Starlink showed us that it is impossible to keep GMO plants separate from others. If they're out there, they'll get into the food supply.

Doug

• Like 1

.The illusion was that you could keep plants from interbreeding. The Monsanto bill really begins to make sense to me... they want to take the stash and run...

• Like 1

there's two options - eother seeds blew there on the wind from a research centre, or a "differently ethical" corporation just released it into the wild so they could see how it grew or say "well, it's out there now, you might as well approve it for sale and use now".

while I wish it's the former, I sadly suspect it's the later.

• Like 2