Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

a diary

mauricio

can a diary be more than just a notebook to write your feelings? i thinks it can be more some where to write about him and her what do you think a diary is and why?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mauricio

• warden

• Doctor_Strangelove

• jack0fhearts

A diary is a kind of self-therapey. It is helpful to reflect upon events and analyse your own thoughts and feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a diary and I have for 10 years I find it helps me ventalate all my emotions. It is a like walken said self therapy.

I kept a diary all through junior high and high school. Every now and then I get them out and can't believe the things I thought were so earthshattering that really weren't. It also helps me kind of relate to my kids. All I need to do is go back to those old diaries and think, yep, nothing has changed really. I was like that once myself. I've always kept diaries and journals for the very reason Walken stated...therapy...just get it down on paper and go from there. And to think that I once thought my life was over because my mom wouldn't buy me a certain jacket. original.gif

Writing your thoughts down is GREAT therapy. Whenever I get extremely upset or angry I write everything down that I'm feeling. (the hubby knows better than to ask me to talk about it at the moment tongue.gif ) I put it away and read it a few days later. If I still feel like it's something that needs to be talked about then it's the right time to have a discussion.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten angry about something, reread my journal and wondered why I got so upset in that moment. wink2.gif

I tried to keep a journal.. But somehow writing my thoughts on a piece of paper just doesn't seem appealing to me.

I honestly pushed myself into keeping one.. But I got bored with it. Even having read long-ago entries, I suppose I don't like my memories.

I thought about it many years ago ,but if any one found it i would be in prison right know and would not be getting out for a long time ,thats why it is a good idea to keep it locked up in my head...........its safer thumbsup.gif

I thought about it many years ago ,but if any one found it i would be in prison right know and would not be getting out for a long time ,thats why it is a good idea to keep it locked up in my head...........its safer thumbsup.gif

574532[/snapback]

lol.

You have a good point there.

Whether it be the couch you're forced to sleep on for the night, or whether it be prison. Diaries have that sort of effect.

Very risky business.

It's fun to read other peoples diaries, tongue.gif but sometimes very disturbing.................. blink.gif

I've kept a few diaries, but it's like kerkido said "very risk business" - I agree!!

One day I decided to destroy the diaries I had, because I didn't want them falling into the wrong hands. ohmy.gif

It isn't worth the trouble because someone (like me tongue.gif ) will find it and read it. whistling2.gif

Edited by MJB222

If i had a diary and you found it and read it (by mistake) you would end up in a mental institution tongue.gif

thats where i ,.,,^$%#stop it get that white jacket away from me,ahhhh starting to feel tired know zzzz zzzz zzzzz

If we have souls, then maybe.

• 5 months later...

veyrbody has or has had a diary or journal do any of yall remeber the page that u wrote thinkin about something or someone

veyrbody has or has had a diary or journal do any of yall remeber the page that u wrote thinkin about something or someone

this makes no sense...

but anyway :lol:

I recently found a diary of mine from back in the day...I embarrassed myself while reading it, can't believe I thought that way back then :lol:

I used to keep a diary back in the day and I do agree it's very much self theraputic. But I wouldn't dare do it now. Even though I think it would really help some of the things going on in my brain. I know for a fact someone here would read it. So I don't even bother to try.

well wats else do yall think about diaries and journals