Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Outrage’ over Fed EBT push for immigrants

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 22 November 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

.. so who is to blame for the fact that many people do not learn English??
you blame the very ppl that don't learn English.  who else?  the signs??

RESIDENT TROLL.

#32    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,551 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 22 November 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Having just returned from a 4 week vacation in New York and Florida, I was surprised to see almost all signs written in both Spanish and English. Particularly evident in the Airports (Newark and Orlando).

There appears to be no need to learn English (even stores have bi-lingual signs) ... so who is to blame for the fact that many people do not learn English?? In fact I came across a couple of "Farmer boys" , of US Stock, and I could not understand a word of what they were saying.
Signage is one thing but what about everyday interactions and communications. A job for example, must coworkers or supervisors have a translator or hold up signs all day for simple things? Soon enough those who don't learn Spanish will be damned as ignoramuses. America is becoming less about opportunity and more about full on accommodation. The über pc crowd thinks we are to be personal concierges for every poor soul who steps foot on our land.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 22 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#33    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

View Postaztek, on 22 November 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

i never said they have to know English before coming here, i have no problem with ppl that donj't speak yet, but take all steps to learn, those that don't speak, but make sure they will be understood, either thru translator on the phone, or by other means, who i do have problem with is those that don't speak and think it is my problem to figure wtf they are talking about. those don't work for me longer than 1 day, and i,m sure they hate every minute of it, but those that see their no English situation is their problem, and it is them who have to work on it,  work for me for a long time, and get good pay, and treated with respect they deserve.

Ok....I understand how you feel about people with poor oral English skills. Let me ask how you feel about people with  poor written English skills? :devil:

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#34    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Immigrants should at least try and pick up the basics of English before coming here. Do something, make some kind of effort. Several countries teach it as a second language, just like spanish is taught as a second language here in public schools. That's what I meant.

Edited by WoIverine, 23 November 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#35    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,601 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 21 November 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

and FFS, speak ENGLISH before you come here!

View PostWoIverine, on 23 November 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Immigrants should at least try and pick up the basics of English before coming here. Do something, make some kind of effort. Several countries teach it as a second language, just like spanish is taught as a second language here in public schools. That's what I meant.

I´m in full agreement with your latter statement. That wasn´t my understanding from your former one. They do read a little differently

G.Clinton

#36    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,098 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postjugoso, on 22 November 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Ok....I understand how you feel about people with poor oral English skills. Let me ask how you feel about people with  poor written English skills? :devil:
no, you don't understand. you missed my point entirely. but i didn't expect you to get it anyway.google intent, and attitude, than read my post again, maybe you'll get the point.as for written skill, i don't care about them one bit, can you guess why??

RESIDENT TROLL.

#37    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,601 posts

G.Clinton

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

View Postaztek, on 23 November 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

no, you don't understand. you missed my point entirely. but i didn't expect you to get it anyway.google intent, and attitude, than read my post again, maybe you'll get the point.as for written skill, i don't care about them one bit, can you guess why??

Well if you didn´t expect me to understand your reply, why not save time and do us both a favour and not bother.

G.Clinton

#38    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

You can't be reasonable with people who think it is their right to something that is not intended for them (Social Security Benefits) and you can't talk someone into learning something that is fundamental to becoming part of a Nation (English Language), those who do these two are selfish and don't think of a community as a whole. They only think about themselves, destroying the foundation of America's workforce and degrading the prosperity of an community.

I will never turn my back on another person who is in dire situation or very bad shape of life, but I will not help someone who has the tools to help themselves. Definitely to some people who decide to bypass the system all together, ignore the rules of a nation, and willing to put a nations economy on the line for selfish reasons. They know who they are, they are the ones with the loudest voice against rules that could protect this nation from a great decline.

Nations that do what we are planning, but condemn my nation for trying to do the same are hypocrites and have no right determining this. America has been more than generous to the whole world, of course the whole world is calling us names behind our backs and treating us like the black sheep. In some sense, we are the black sheep because we put our own nation in trouble to protect others....

The illegal immigrants of this age for America is very self-entitled and belief they can get away with anything... pissing off the real immigrants who went through the process to become an actual American Citizen.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 24 November 2012 - 08:09 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users