Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS; The Masked Pink Elephant

Phaeton80

'Turkey's Role'

Turkey's role in facilitating the sale of Islamic State oil has been the subject of some debate for quite a while. From "NATO is harbouring the Islamic State: Why France’s brave new war on ISIS is a sick joke, and an insult to the victims of the Paris attacks", by Nafeez Ahmed:

*snip*

[Source]

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Edited for length: Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.
  • Like 4

Summary: selling oil to Turkey is ISIS' biggest source of income, lifeblood, and western media ignores this. Turkey also trains ISIS troops in secret bases and heals the wounded ISIS troops in a border hospital. Also, media is oppressed very heavily in Turkey, sounds like North Korea level from the article, and the turkish government gives several statements that conflict with each other about the same issues.

Roughly short of it. I say once again, I live in Finland and it'll be with 95% certainty Russia who attacks us but I will not be fighting as an ally of that kinda country, personally.

• Like 1

Your source :

Zero Hedge[1] is a batshit insane Austrian economics-based finance blog run by a pseudonymous founder who posts articles under the name "Tyler Durden," after the character from Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. It has accurately predicted 200 of the last 2 recessions.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

• Like 1

I keep saying bomb any oil fields controlled by ISIS until there is nothing left and that will end their funding from oil. Why this doesn't happen I don't know. Any oil company worth their salt can have them up and going again in no time when this is over.

• Like 3

I keep saying bomb any oil fields controlled by ISIS until there is nothing left and that will end their funding from oil. Why this doesn't happen I don't know. Any oil company worth their salt can have them up and going again in no time when this is over.

Russia is.......

• Like 2

Russia is.......

I was thinking more about the US. Yes Russia is hitting them hard.

Your source :

Zero Hedge[1] is a batshit insane..

Please adress the content instead of ridiculing the source.

In a more general sense; this thread is about the question: Where and how does ISIS acquire their monetary assets, and how / why can it continue unabated. I should have added (at least) that to the OP.

• Like 1

'Commercial Scale' Oil Smuggling Into Turkey Becomes Priority Target Of Anti-ISIS Strikes:

https://www.rt.com/n...uggling-turkey/

It seems clear that Turkey has turned a blind eye on this lucrative oil business.

They are profiting from ISIL and are VERY reluctant to tackle them, as it might also empower Assad.

Edited by EEHC

So glad to see such a full-throated attack on zero hedge. That website is making a LOT of people nervous with its tendency to get right to the core of much in the way of fraud and corruption that plagues financial markets and geopolitics. My favorite barb is the "200 of the last 20 crashes" canard as it is not only a stale jab from 2 years ago, but also shows how piddlingly little detractors really have in the way of negative information on the aggregator.

Oh yeah, want to know what is really going on with ISIS oil movement through Turkey and where it ends up? Why, let's see what just got posted at Zero Hedge...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-28/isis-oil-trade-full-frontal-raqqas-rockefellers-bilal-erdogan-krg-crude-and-israel-c

"Israel has in one way or another become the main marketer of IS oil. Without them, most IS-produced oil would have remained going between Iraq, Syria and Turkey. Even the three companies would not receive the oil if they did not have a buyer in Israel," said the industry official

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 2

I think its funny people will believe RT or ZeroHedge but at the same time dismiss other news outlets. I've listened to RT news and have caught them leaving out facts that changed the whole story. Which their job is to demean the US and make us look as bad as they can. So if you really want the truth you had better be going to different sources in different countries.

I doubt Israel is knowingly buying ISIS oil. Why would they want to support someone that wants to kill them.

• Like 2

I think its funny people will believe RT or ZeroHedge but at the same time dismiss other news outlets. I've listened to RT news and have caught them leaving out facts that changed the whole story. Which their job is to demean the US and make us look as bad as they can. So if you really want the truth you had better be going to different sources in different countries.

I doubt Israel is knowingly buying ISIS oil. Why would they want to support someone that wants to kill them.

July 2nd 2013 the United States ended its ban on propaganda. So where did you get the "facts" that RT left out of the story? Im not defending RT necessarily , just saying that what is assumed fact because it is on American media can be just as influenced by governmental goals as anything you see on RT.

• Like 2

July 2nd 2013 the United States ended its ban on propaganda. So where did you get the "facts" that RT left out of the story? Im not defending RT necessarily , just saying that what is assumed fact because it is on American media can be just as influenced by governmental goals as anything you see on RT.

RT is Kremlin media, fully payed by Russian government.
  • Like 3

American media is much less kind about notifying us who is paying for their airtime.

American media is much less kind about notifying us who is paying for their airtime.

Let me guess, Faux News being paid by Obama...

Let me guess, Faux News being paid by Obama...

Everyone hates Foxnews but lets be honest, while they add a different spin to the narrative around a story to please their audience, their stories fall right in line with whatever the mass media hysteria for the day is.

Everyone hates Foxnews but lets be honest, while they add a different spin to the narrative around a story to please their audience, their stories fall right in line with whatever the mass media hysteria for the day is.

Um, ah... How can I be sure you haven't been paid by Kremlin?

I'm sure you've got the gist.

• Like 2

Yet because RT is owned by Russia, it doesn't have to deal in the ''conventional'' or ''politically acceptable'' in the West, therefore providing an alternative news coverage that is worth considering. I still think that Breaking The Set with Abby Martin was of the most informative show available on any news network.

Edited by EEHC

Summary: selling oil to Turkey is ISIS' biggest source of income, lifeblood, and western media ignores this. Turkey also trains ISIS troops in secret bases and heals the wounded ISIS troops in a border hospital. Also, media is oppressed very heavily in Turkey, sounds like North Korea level from the article, and the turkish government gives several statements that conflict with each other about the same issues.

Roughly short of it. I say once again, I live in Finland and it'll be with 95% certainty Russia who attacks us but I will not be fighting as an ally of that kinda country, personally.

Why do you think that Russia may attack your Country, what reason do they have.I don't think that Russia would do this,they have enough problems with the Ukraine and Syria.

Why do you think that Russia may attack your Country, what reason do they have.I don't think that Russia would do this,they have enough problems with the Ukraine and Syria.

Because an argument can be made that their problems in the Ukraine and Syria are a direct result of the actions of the united states.

So glad to see such a full-throated attack on zero hedge. That website is making a LOT of people nervous with its tendency to get right to the core of much in the way of fraud and corruption that plagues financial markets and geopolitics. My favorite barb is the "200 of the last 20 crashes" canard as it is not only a stale jab from 2 years ago, but also shows how piddlingly little detractors really have in the way of negative information on the aggregator.

Oh yeah, want to know what is really going on with ISIS oil movement through Turkey and where it ends up? Why, let's see what just got posted at Zero Hedge...

http://www.zerohedge...de-and-israel-c

"Israel has in one way or another become the main marketer of IS oil. Without them, most IS-produced oil would have remained going between Iraq, Syria and Turkey. Even the three companies would not receive the oil if they did not have a buyer in Israel," said the industry official

Exactly. Interesting to see those who immediately sweep this info onto the 'nutty' pile, while thesame people have no trouble at all adhering to thesame mainstream outlets who have proven countless times to be maintaining disengenuous, even blatantly deceitful policies.

This is precisely why we should keep to the facts - however hard they are to ascertain - to (e)valuate any given source. Ridiculisation of said 'conspiracy websites' is so very 2010, weve been there, done that. Lets move on; why not try to analyse information objectively, no matter what the source is? Why not realize we should not let ourselves be limited to the information relayed by the usual suspects, mainstream media landscape (meaning not discard it, but give them merit [only] where merit is due).. I think we'll do ourselves a huge favour if we do just that. For at the end of the proverbial day, we ourselves are at least partly to blame for the situation we find ourselves in irt ISIS. If - and I say if for discussions sake - the West has directly or indirectly facilitated the 'flowering' of this criminal group, we greenlighted all of it. We were convinced the main steps taken, should be taken.. based on mis- or even disinformation issued by the mainstream media landscape. So why not broaden our view, and evaluate on content.

Edited by Phaeton80

I read about it a lot in the German and French media. Is it really being ignored by US medias? That "Western" media ignores this is false, though.

• Like 1

Ah yes, the 'environment'.

..Well, at least they took something away from earlier gained results. "Dont bomb oilfields because 'environment'." Shame they didnt get the "Dont selectively (deceptively) demonise & oust foreign 'regimes' for geo political gains because.. terror."

• Like 1

Remember the couple that had the swingers parties and their neighbors were complaining. They were reporting on that and left out a few facts like they were charging people to attend these parties, paving the whole yard. They were trying to make it sound like this was just a couple wanting to have a party instead of a couple running a business in a area classified as residentual. This whole story wasn't a big deal but it made me wonder what other facts get left out to make a story sound more to their liking. Something else I've noticed is everthing said about the US is negative but rarely Russia and if it is I bet it won't be about Putin. However our media will say negative things about our government also and often do.

I'm not saying any other media anywhere is any more reliable but better check other sources.

• Like 1

Ah yes, the 'environment'.

..Well, at least they took something away from earlier gained results. "Dont bomb oilfields because 'environment'." Shame they didnt get the "Dont selectively (deceptively) demonise & oust foreign 'regimes' for geo political gains because.. terror."

Yeah, it is a shame. But not enough of a shame to then feel you have to submit to madness and servitude to a dark ideology in penance.