Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you think about siddhis?

Lumpino

What do you think about siddhis, psychic abilities and powers, you can obtain through mediattion?

Five siddhis of yoga and meditation

In the Bhagavata purana the five siddhis of Yoga and meditation are described as below:

tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future

advandvam: tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities

para citta ādi abhijñatā: knowing the minds of others

agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, ............

aparājayah: remaining unconquered by other

Edited by Lumpino

Well, but I prefer powers, you can obtain relatively quickly through meditation. In some texts are many more siddhs, but, many of them are rather fantasies I think.

But something of the original texts.

http://www.allgoodthings.com/yoga/chakra/chakra4_4.html

Effect of Meditation in the Heart

“The Shiva Samhita thus describes the benefits which are said to accrue to the yogi from meditation upon the heart center: He gets immeasurable knowledge, knows the past, present and future; has clairaudience, clairvoyance and can walk in the air, whenever he likes. He sees the adepts and the goddesses known as Yoginis ... It is not necessary to comment upon the poetic descriptions of the various powers; the student will read between the lines. Still, there may also be something in the literal meaning of such statements as these; for there are many wonders in India - the mysterious powers of the fire-walkers, and the perfectly marvelous hypnotic ability shown by some conjurers who perform the famous rope trick and similar feats.” —Shiva Samhita from The Chakras - A MONOGRAPH by C.W. Leadbeater

http://www.saisathyasai.com/chakras/chakras-4-heart-anahata-chakrum.html

Kaya siddhi

Kaya siddhi - (Sanskrit) In Siddha Siddhanta, as well as Saiva Siddhanta and other yoga traditions, the process by which a yogi transforms his body from physical to spiritual substance to attain deathlessness. See: siddhi.

There are many powers you can be able through meditation.

Psychic powers are impossible. But if you meditate long enough you will have strange experiences that may make you think your psychic, but in the end it's your mind playing tricks on you

Psychic power aren't impossible. Everybody who practice meditation for a longer time can knows it. :yes: But correct meditation.

Good book about are Shiva samhita, Sat chakra nirupana and similar.

I think attaining such is very rare and unseen.

First of all, people who obtain such a powers do not boast with. I think the reasons are obvious. :gun:

• Like 1

What do you think about siddhis, psychic abilities and powers, you can obtain through mediattion?

Five siddhis of yoga and meditation

In the Bhagavata purana the five siddhis of Yoga and meditation are described as below:

tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future

advandvam: tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities

para citta ādi abhijñatā: knowing the minds of others

agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, ............

aparājayah: remaining unconquered by other

Are they siddhis?

To me they have long been self evident truths, and physical abilities granted by access to the cosmic consciousness. Im not sure about the fourth one, but in my life it translates to a total awareness of the world around me and a meshing of my chi energy consciousness, with that of the worlds. It means i am never lost or taken by suprise by the actions of the people and the world/nature around me.

• Like 1

Interesting is old Indian philosophy Sankhya or Samkhya. Philosophy of a spiritual evolution. And old Shivaism philosophy.

According to ancient teachings people, who obtain supernatural powers (siddhis) through yoga, in next life are born between supernatural beings like Siddhas or Vidyadharas ..... According to some texts between such beings may have come in this life already.

Very interesting is similarity to this view with ancient mysteries of Greece and Egypt, but there was used mostly magick evocations.

Afican animist tribes - which still have not yet Christianity or Islam - says that the soul shaman comes between supernatural beings......

And similarity is in China taoists alchemy too, see Secret of the Golden Flower

http://www.awakening...lden-Flower.pdf

Edited by Lumpino

• 1 month later...

I've had my own experiences, They exist, but the more paradigms you have, the harder it will be, (and it's hard enough already)