Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Evil of Disney

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#136    Nikdimps

Nikdimps

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• Tomorrow is another day.

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:50 AM

Disney fanatic here !!! and proud of it.

tongue.gif   clap.gif   grin2.gif  

#137    MrScuzzles

MrScuzzles

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

• Making people uncomfortable since 1988

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (schadeaux @ Oct 30 2003, 05:33 PM)
Donald and Goofy are the manifestations of demons (did anyone ever figure out exactly what kind of creature Goofy is?), and those evil little chipmunks are plotting to destroy mankind.

Not only is Disney horribly eeevvviill, but they also have some hilarious easter eggs in their movies such as this famous one from the Rescuers.

Here

#138    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:05 AM

isnt disneyland just a giant human trap run by a mouse?

Attached Images

• mickeyattacks.jpg

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity, 31 May 2004 - 04:08 AM.

Ű∩ίvệѓšα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ™

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#139    Serena

Serena

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

Hmmm...some interesting points that was made in the "paste" given by the thread starter...but in my opinion, I think the writter that wrote what was written in the "paste" has some serious unresolved sexual abuse issues.

First of all...it's Disneys rights to have their material copyrighted. It's the law to be able to sue regardless of the nature to where it stems from if it's stolen or are not given permission to use.

I really don't remember the full details to the disney stories because it's been so many years, I wouldn't watch Bambie for my love of deer's (and well, a lot of other cartoons and other children movies that weren't disney), but I very much agree that women are degraded in it, but hey, that was society back in the day! Women still are fighting for equel rights! And if I remember correctly, Snow White did win over evil as well as women in the other films! And, don't some family's expose their children to hunting nevertheless many forms of abuse in real life?

And about Pocahontas film.. I'm 75% English and I have Shawnee Indian in me...I'd care to spit on the white man for stealing the Indians land out of selfishness in those days...BUT in grade schools, it is VERY common for our school systems to not give the facts straight in history subjects and of reading story books. They tell you in a fairytale way so you're more captured to listen yet giving false facts along with the truth! I know I wasn't alone when I got into further grades and based my knowledge on false facts that the teachers gave us from earlier grades!

Even if some Disney cartoons were more adult based...there are other cartoons that were meant for adults but ended up on t.v. during children hours like Popeye (made for sailors) and then the...what was is called???...with the moose??? And well, geez...nearly every cartoon in the past and current to date are not fit for children.

Grant it...I'm not a pervert and do not expose sex upon kids. Honestly, I only peck or briefly kiss my partner and hold hands in public or in front of any other people regardless if I'm at a gay bar or wherever we may be outside of our privacy because that is just my style.

But when it comes to homophobes...whether you accept it or not, homosexuality it's natural! Bi sexuality is natural as well as heterosexuals.

Some think it's a sin...well it's also common with animals such as rams and porcupines and many other animals. The Bible is understood differently by many different people, just as a song or a poem may be understood by one that was totally different than the feelings and meaning of the writter.

And of those who believe in reincarnation...do you think every single past live of yours was of only one sex and you by happened to have not fallen inlove with an "old" lover that just happened to be the same sex as yours this time around? Nor gathered many of the people in your lives sharing a similar experience and stance to learn from regardless of sexuality? I'll tell you all...It isn't an easy road being lesbian with the hatred from some others around you, but I wouldn't change my life even if I could and it also taught me more courage, self-acceptance, love and a whole lot of other things that I couldn't claim to know as well if I were straight this time around. And the wonderful people I know who are gay....

I believe in each life time people and situations are meant for reasons and the only "sin" in life is to not be who you are and what enhances oneself to the light.

When it comes to Gay Day at parks and of those that don't care to be exposed to it nor their children...well, you send a strong message of fear and hatred. Suicide rates with gay children are in the top 3 because they were thrown out of their homes and/or were not accepted for their sexuality.

It's taken a long time for African Americans as well as women to have rights...rights that still aren't equel to the overall society.

Where it comes to gay bashing and unacceptance of ones sexuality...underneathe it all...you are gay or bi yourself or have been and/or are sexually abusing others, or are very sexualy insecure...in my opinion!

Flamboyant drag queens, gay men running around in S&M gear, butch women...they don't represent the community as a whole. Neither does a heterosexual that dresses in S&M gear, runs around topless ect....represent the "straight" community. Some gay people wouldn't be so flamboyant about their sexuality if society wouldn't degrade us. It's an acceptance issues and often acted out in distaste by a very small portion of "our" society.

So be it in our schools giving false facts to children during studies...overall I don't see any difference than a homophobe trying to hide their children away from homosexuals especially when I've heard some spell or even whisper the word gay in front of their one year old after saying they have no problem with gays. Adults often underminded children for what they are able to handle and understand. As a foster child counselor, we are strict to not lie to the children because they see through it and continue to learn distrust.

We all are different. In a perfect world, everyone would accept each other regardless of religion, sexuality, color, race, differences and uniqueness in a whole...but hmmm...if that happened then why would most of us be here and for most...reincarnated? Because Earth would be just like Heaven and no reason for us to be here, except to show/remind us how much love and acceptance outways hatred...

#140    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

AH-HAH!!  Another indicator for Disnevil!  I was just made aware of this.  Disney Film Studios produced a slew of racist, pro-war cartoons during WWII:

"They were," Valley said, "the greatest things I’d ever seen in my life"—well-animated, hilarious and highly effective in their brainwashing efforts. But Valley also understood why Disney shrouded them in secrecy. Like all Hollywood studios during World War II, Disney turned over its facilities to the Pentagon and produced pro-war films preaching sacrifice and Jap-bashing. But Walt Disney devoted his company to the cause with an intensity unmatched by any other mogul. Unlike the animation departments at Warner Bros. and MGM, Disney’s cartoons openly called for annihilation rather than mere light-hearted mayhem, placed its characters on the front lines instead of metaphorical battlegrounds, and accomplished it in a way so beloved by the Armed Forces that, according to Thomas Doherty’s 1993 book, Projections of War: Hollywood, American Culture, and World War II, "Sandbags and anti-aircraft guns surrounded the only Hollywood studio designated as a ‘key war-production plant’ and ‘essential industry.’"

(Emphasis mine)

Now, I'm a patriot, no doubt about that.  But isn't using cartoons to promote war, genocide, and racism a bit extreme?  Wasn’t the giant rodent and his mangy mob supposed to be entertainment for the kiddies?  Was this propaganda any worse than what the enemy produced?

These films demonized the enemy in a way that would’ve made Hitler jealous.

I realize it was during the greatest war of our time, but was Disney's gung-ho attitude really representative of what we were brought up to believe Disney was all about?  

Beyond the lovable, fatherly facade of "Wonderful World of Disney" there lurks the dark, menacing visage of the "Malevolent Managerie of Disnevil."

Disney was an obnoxiously proud American, to be sure—he eagerly cooperated with Joe McCarthy’s commission during the 1950s and was notoriously anti-union.

Where is the line between Patriotism and Fanatacism?  It is one thing to support the war effort, another to promote it with images of wholesale bloodlust.  

user posted image

Quotes from: OC Weekly

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#141    julsiebear15

julsiebear15

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:38 AM

Oh god.. I was really really into Disney when I was a kid. I wore Bambi shirts to school tongue.gif . Well actually I did not want to do that but my Mom presured me into it.  
Well I remember this Disney movie- The Hunchback of Motre Dame, that movie made me sad... The ugly hunchback guy fell in love with this pretty girl and even after he saved her life she still went off with the hot guy. Bad message.... although he was accepted by everyone in the town in the end of the move.
Another movie I remeber is the Fox and the Hound (or whatever the hell it is called)    . The hound was brought up to kill foxes but the hound became friends with a fox; later on in the hound's  life (after he was made to never see the fox again)  he was supposted to kill the same fox he was friends with and he decided not to kil him but it was just a strange movie.. I feel like there is a hidden message here.....

#142    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:06 PM

Guns don't kill people, Disney does.

Even more questionable is why Rafiki is even IN the Lion King. I don't care, but why did Disney add occultish things into their movies? How can anyone translate swahili (spelling?). Why can ANYONE trust it was that language (exaggerating it a bit here) not some evil language or a curse? Your little kids could be trying to mimick Rafiki's speech, unknowlingly muttering a powerful curse on their parents. "HEY MOM, LISTEN TO THIS.."
Might be the last thing your mother hears...I would advise staying away from Rafiki.  laugh.gif

Disney has a lot more of subliminal messaging in their movies, check out www.albinoblacksheep.com for some urban legends movies on subliminal messaging, it includes the s-e-x formation of clouds in The Lion King.

I advise all Disney Fanatics and anyone that goes to Disney World make sure to carry the following items for your safety(a little overboard here):

~Wooden Stake
~Crusifix
~Garlic
~Salt
~50' Desert Eagle with a lot of ammo
~Lighter and Oil for burning down Disney World
~A long knife
~Rope for dying up the CEO of Disney
~Paper Shredder for destroying the cartoons
~C4 to blow up the Disney HQ

Sorry, but I just had to say that. I hate Disney, their movies are indeed lame and have something hidden in them all...watch out the next time you see Mickey, he would love to seduce us and bring us into a darkness below.  whistling2.gif  

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#143    tigger

tigger

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• keeper of a greater magic... THE SCHWARTZ!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (schadeaux @ Oct 30 2003, 05:33 PM)
It is no secret that I hold no love of Disney.  Disnevil as I call it.  I firmly believe that Micky is Satan himself and Pluto is his faithful hellhound.  Donald and Goofy are the manifestations of demons (did anyone ever figure out exactly what kind of creature Goofy is?), and those evil little chipmunks are plotting to destroy mankind.

Anyways, I came across this article and found it very interesting.  It just reinforces my own pathetic opinion that Disney cartoons are meant to rot your soul and that giant, half naked rodent is evil incarnate, the hellspawn dedicated to delivering your soul and that of our children into the very fires of desolation and destruction that darkens the unholy path away from righteousness and salvation, the insidious nature of the corrupted beast that feeds on our fears and weaknesses, that…

mellow.gif
...um, sorry... got carried away there.  Read on please.

It's been mused over and pointed out that without fail, in almost every Disney cartoon, the mother is killed off post haste and the main character is left an orphan. Within minutes of the opening credits. Who didn't cry when Dumbo's mom gently rocked her baby in her trunk as he cooed, unsuspecting, on the other side of that wooden pen - all she could do as she awaited being led to her death? I still cry when I think about it. I cried when I was a kid and saw that. I knew what it all meant. What about Bambi's mom getting shotgun blasted to death and him, not knowing, wandering around calling her? Jesus! How sick is that? Let's kill the Mothers! That'll set up the story nicely.

A call to my niece Diana confirms my suspicion. She tells me that in the in The Lion King, the father is murdered right in front of the little lion and not too nicely, either. You have Disney Cartoon parents who don't give a rat's ass and are off gallivanting, leaving the Disney Kids baby-sat by dogs or left on their own, period. Basically, kids without or neglected. A friend told me she was horrified into mortification to hear her 4 year old twins playing, prefacing some role-play with stuffed Disney toys: "OK, pretend our parents are dead..." What the hell kind of family value is this to have as a running thread through the decades of family animations? Isn't the bond between Mother and Child one of the most scared and immutable things there is? Shouldn't that be celebrated? Treated as assumed stability? Why does Disney pick this particular icon to rip up, religiously, in every movie? Granted the old Sleeping Beauty and such are tales which tell of horrors that would stun even Stephen King. If you go read the originals - oh my word, you're talking sick stuff. But Disney's writing this stuff new, fer chrissakes. How about some family bonding, some family units, some family love and strength and teaching the lesson that We'll Get Through It Together? I mean as long as they're peddling fantasy why not go for the wholesome stuff they're claiming they stand for? Now that'd be fantasy for once. Why keep choosing to have film after film chock full of stuck up heroines who only really "win" because some Male Hero saves their day and bails then out? Why so much violence? Where exactly are the good morals and lessons Disney used to pretend to be basing their movies on? The only lesson I see in the movies now, is that their movies are 70 minute infomercials to go buy the Stuff that comes out even before the damn movie these days.

Anyway. Sis gets on the phone, after The Niece finishes the Lion King Murder Tale and says you know what got to me? When I saw Snow White as a kid and the Evil Queen was going on about some such or other potions and what she was going to do with Snow White when she got her? And she was cackling that she was going to BURY HER ALIVE...BURIED ALIVE! Jesus!

In "Aladdin", there is a scene where he flies up to Jasmine's balcony and is heard to whisper "Take off your clothes". Disney insists it's really "Take off and go", spoken to Jasmine's tiger. It's easy to pick up both when you listen.

During a wedding scene in "The Little Mermaid", it's said the minister conducting the wedding gets an erection as he sits on the chair. Disney says it's his knee, and it pretty much looks like a knee, so I didn't include a photo of these frames.  But hell, I've seen less phallic-looking knees, too.

In "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Daffy and Donald have a piano duel, Daffy is seen to sprout an erection during the scene.

WDIV -TV in Detroit found a dirty word spoken in the cartoon short "The Clock Cleaner", Daffy Duck was clearly heard to say "F**k You". When this was discovered, Wal-Mart pulled the video from the shelves. Disney edited it and re-released it for sale. Even though they said it really wasn't there, you dirty minded people.

In the movie 'The Santa Clause" the wife was given an emergency '800' phone number which was the actual number of a phone sex service. Why anyone would call it the first place is beyond me but those innocent victims sure spread the word.

Disney's female characters have been described as being turned into "full figured, big breasted , sexually charged Male Fantasy Icons" instead of the clean living role models they once were. There have been complaints from Moms that this sends out bad messages to young girls who once again see female 'role models' as only being perfect if they're built like a sex toy. Like oh...Britney Spears.

The New York Times commented that the Pocahontas character was an "animated Playboy Centerfold that has no place in a children's movie". Disney said she was designed to "appeal to the adult male". Why adult males need to be appealed to in a children's animation? Are adult males now masturbating to Disney animations? Did Playboy increase their prices or something?

In the Pocahontas film, the English are all stereotyped as evil buffoons and Native Americans stereotyped as good and kind. But then, it was the other way around for decades in films, wasn't it? The real Pocahontas was 12 years old when she met John Smith, but Disney couldn't stick to any kind of historically accurate, possible learning experience here - they had to turn her into a 20-something sex nymph. Kind of like Britney Spears.

For the voice of chief Powhatan, Pocahontas' father, Disney hired Native American Activist Russell Means. Means led a group of armed activists in the occupation of Wounded Knee in 1973. Two people died and twelve were wounded. 1200 people were arrested. Means once gave a speech entitled "For America to Live, Europeans Must Die" It's constantly amazing how no one remembers their deep personal convictions when money is involved.

In 1989 Disney threatened to sue three Florida day care centers that had Mickey Mouse painted on their walls as decoration. The murals were removed. The Hanna-Barbera company contacted the centers and sent them some of their wall-ready, pre-made characters to use, and even threw them a party. Take that, you Disney poopyheads!

White River, Ontario is the home of Winnie the Pooh. No, really. Yes, the bear. Yes, there was a real one. Yes. No, I'm not drunk. I know it's a cartoon. Yes, I know. Look, I don't even drink. No. Really. Anyway ... When the town tried to erect a statue of the real bear that the cartoon bear was modeled after in 1990, the 75th anniversary of the book that AA Milne wrote (that clearer? Sheesh!), Disney sent a nasty letter threatening a law suit if they even thought about trying to put the statue up because they owned the copyright to Pooh. No, the cartoon one. No you can't copyright a real one, and he was dead by then. Bears don't live to be 75, you goof. ANYway, after lots of bad publicity, Disney backed down for once in it's miserable, money grubbing life and White River was able to put up it's Pooh. (Stop giggling)

Disney has even gone so far as to send letters threatening legal action against 12 year olds who used Disney images on their web sites, and webmasters who make a cartoon evil Mickey Mouse background for their Disney section.

Once a year, Disney is host to what has come to be called "Gay Days'. Tens of thousands of Gay and Lesbians visit the park for a day of fun. This has drawn incredible protests and complaints from the straight "usual" visitors who are there with family. Some of the protest is that Disney knows that this Day is scheduled and, like any of it's Special Park Days, has the responsibility to announce it so people who might choose to not go to the park that day, may do so. Disney claims it's not an official "Day", and they have no clue when it will be, so have no way to "warn" people who might have spent thousands of dollars on a family dream vacation to go there and might be offended. However, this is just Disney being hypocritical - they have one of the best insurance programs for the same sex partners of it's gay employees in the nation and it's gay employees are not "a secret". Disney just tries to play both sides, not wanting to offend the $$ of either lifestyle. One year, promotional fliers were distributed right at the park gates by the organizers of the event that Disney claims it neither sanctions nor promotes, with a graphic rendering of Mickey and Donald Duck holding hands and gazing at each other with that special twinkle. Disney didn't say one word, threaten any legal action or bar them from using their precious icons in this manner but will go after day care centers. There were also special Gay Day tickets printed, even though Disney claims not to have anything official to do with it. Stories of flamboyant gay men harassing straight men, Mom and Dad complaining about gay couples in various physical embrace in front of the Kiddies abound, etc. Those whose personal morals or religions didn't agree with homosexuality blasted Disney for not listing Gay Day on it's schedule. It's an interesting time of year.

In "Toy Story", Woody mocks Buzz Lightyear's gadgets and is told he has "Laser envy"...hardly a joke a 5 year old would get.

Will Finn, the head of "the Hunchback"s story team, said the film is "full of incredibly dark and mature subject matter about a religious figure torn between chastity and lust, and chock full of physical abuse and making fun of the handicapped guy."

In "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," not only does Animated Playboy Fantasy Esmerelda do a sexy stipper pole-dance, but Kirk Wise, director of the film, said, "I think she's the first Disney heroine to carry a concealed weapon and we're proud of that fact.”

lol, i firmly suggest you look at the snopes website about some of the comments you said.... where as i agree its a bit weird that the parent dies in a film.... how many films have you, or your children have watched were someone dies in it, be it parent or not?

snopes disney link

'What do you do if you step on a mine, Captain?'
'Well, the usual procedure is to leap 200 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area…'

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

#144    tigger

tigger

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• keeper of a greater magic... THE SCHWARTZ!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (madelyne @ May 29 2004, 10:46 AM)
Well as people have said disney wasn't the first to tell tales of murder, beheading and such to little children.  Alot of the old folktales like the ones we know, even cinderella were even worse than they are now.  And alot of diffrent cultures had similar tales.  In some versions of the cinderella stories she takes her vengence on the evil stepmother by murdering her and the stepsisters.  Hanzel and Gretel? Cannibal witch? Need I say more? My thinking is that bad stuff like that did really happen in one form or another now and then.  Also sometimes the mother figure dying may be simbolic for something else.  One theorie is, it simbolizes the lost of spiritual guidence, or the loss of the mother religion.  As many people think there is alot of pagan philosphy hidden inside of the stories.  Altho I have heard it argued there is christian philosphy as well.  Who know?

the brothers grim penned the tales of snow-white, cinderella, rapunzel etc and not disney.... and yes, they were a lot more violent too.... not so soft and lovey dovey, so to speak

'What do you do if you step on a mine, Captain?'
'Well, the usual procedure is to leap 200 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area…'

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

#145    Moonfairie

Moonfairie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

• Sometimes we just need someone smaller.

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:31 PM

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Le Bossu de Notre Dame) has been written by a very famous french writter called Victor Hugo. At the end of the book, the Hunchback and Esmeralda are killed (they burn them alive). He also write "The Miserables" (les Misérables), Germinal (about workers in cole-mine). He lived in the XIXe and those time were hard. I have an old record with the stroy of the little Mermaid. At the end, she kills the Prince and commited suicide. I recently receive a book with 1000 faerietales and some of them are very cruel.

Please forgive me for my bad english. original.gif  

L'imagination n'est pas le mensonge (Daniel Pennac, Messieurs les enfants).

Sometimes I feel like i'm invisible. there's allways somebody to walk on my feet and to tell me "Sorry, I didn't see you". It's not funny to be a small person. But I'm proud of myself.

Posted Image

#146    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Moonfairie @ Jun 23 2004, 05:31 AM)
I recently receive a book with 1000 faerietales and some of them are very cruel.

Most Fairy Tales were originally created as Scary Tales, and for good reason.  They were used to scare children (and some adults!) away from bad things.  They had a purpose.  Like Aesop’s Fables, they had morals.  Stay on the right path, bad things may happen to children who wander alone in the woods.  Don’t talk to strangers.  Don’t take gifts from strangers.  Not everyone is what they appear, may be a Wolf in Grandma’s clothing!  Basically, they were meant to "scare kids straight."

My rant on what they, not just Disnevil, has done to the original stories is better suited to another thread, as it gets farther off topic.

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users