Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Birds are Dinosaurs thread

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,521 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:02 PM

Well I've decided to open another "birds are dinosaurs" thread, since it's been a long time since such a thread was debated here. grin2.gif
Anyway, please feel free to write youre opinion:
Are birds dinosaurs?
Did birds evolve from dinosaurs but are not dinosaurs?

I'll write mine later.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#2    wcturnersr

wcturnersr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

I do not believe birds are dinosaurs.  Yes they may have some similarities, but there needs to be more proof.

#3    firefemme1202

firefemme1202

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. --Aristotle

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(wcturnersr @ Nov 8 2004, 10:05 AM)
I do not believe birds are dinosaurs.  Yes they may have some similarities, but there needs to be more proof.

View Post

I thought there already was proof.  Birds' bone structure is directly related to how a teradactyl's was.

http://www.cnn.com/EARTH/9512/egg_laying_dinos/

Birds evolved...they survived when the dinosaurs didn't.  Aligators stuck around and they lived in the dinosaur's era.  But honestly, anyone who believes in evolution will believe birds evolved from prehistoric dinosaur birds and those who believe in creationalism will say they are not directly related.

To suppose that earth is the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to believe that in an entire field sown with millet, only one grain will grow.  --Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BCE

We adore chaos because we love to produce order.

#4    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

Yea, good point, this'll become another "Creationism vs. Evolution" debate.

But, since i don't believe in creationism, i do believe in evolution.
Personally, its the only one that makes any sense to me...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#5    DJ_5150

DJ_5150

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:10 PM

I am a big believer in the evolution theory.
Birds, in my opinion did evolve from some species of dinosaur. I used to be a huge reader on anything about dinosaurs and i can honestly say that this theory makes sense.

#6    mr_halo

mr_halo

Alien Abducter

• 4,556 posts

• "Apparently I have lost the fallatus to speak properly."

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(DJ_5150 @ Nov 8 2004, 08:10 PM)
I am a big believer in the evolution theory.
Birds, in my opinion did evolve from some species of dinosaur. I used to be a huge reader on anything about dinosaurs and i can honestly say that this theory makes sense.

View Post

i agree...

although i only think that the smallest species of dinosaurs evolved into the birds we see today...

cool.gif

Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.
Posted Image
There is an old Jaffa saying, General Hammond. "They do not build them as they once did."

#7    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:41 AM

i believe that if dinosaurs never existed, birds would not exist today

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#8    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:44 AM

Studies have shown that towards the end of the Cretacious era many types of raptors evolved feathers.
Their bone structure is almost identical to a birds, NOT the lizards that was originally thought. Their feet are like birds feet, and indeed many types of dinosaurs evolved beaks, or simply had beaks.

There is no doubt in my mind that many of todays birds originally started off 65 million years ago as dinosaurs.

#9    mr_halo

mr_halo

Alien Abducter

• 4,556 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(BurnSide @ Nov 10 2004, 12:44 AM)
Studies have shown that towards the end of the Cretacious era many types of raptors evolved feathers.
Their bone structure is almost identical to a birds, NOT the lizards that was originally thought. Their feet are like birds feet, and indeed many types of dinosaurs evolved beaks, or simply had beaks.

There is no doubt in my mind that many of todays birds originally started off 65 million years ago as dinosaurs.

View Post

well there were a lot of giant ground birds after the dinosaurs died out...

raptors could have easily evolved into those creatures...

raptor means bird of prey afterall  original.gif

cool.gif

Posted Image
There is an old Jaffa saying, General Hammond. "They do not build them as they once did."

#10    man_in_mudboots

man_in_mudboots

title?

• 2,425 posts

• whither goest thou, young rogue?

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:49 PM

so what? birds were already around by the middle jurassic, raptors became feathered far, far too late to have been the evolutionary ancestors of birds. it was the Segisaurs, i tell you.

#11    NightMoon

NightMoon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:41 AM

If birds descended from dinosaurs, why are they light?

#12    mr_halo

mr_halo

Alien Abducter

• 4,556 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(NightMoon @ Nov 15 2004, 12:41 AM)
If birds descended from dinosaurs, why are they light?

View Post

because they have air sacs and hollows in their bones, some dinosaurs had the same feature... i think...

cool.gif

Posted Image

#13    Noob Siabot

Noob Siabot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• My enemies don't fear me because I already sent them to the afterlife

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:06 AM

Well, only a few species of Dinosaurs had those, and it was a strong feature in the Dromeosaurid or "Raptor" family. But as it was said earlier, Raptors supposedly lived too late to be the ancestors of birds, and besides, just cause they're called "Raptors" doesn't mean anything. They could have been named cats or hawks, but it wouldn't mean that they would be any different. Names are just what poeple give, they don't mean that the names are acurate.

And on the note of creationism, yes I believe in it, but I also think that horizontal (I hope it's horizontal) evolution, because if you isolate animals in a certain environment, they do change of a few generations. But evolution makes no sense, cause what started the first spark of life? I mean, the theory (and mind you, it's still only a theory!) basically says that if you have a car that is taken apart by every peice, laying in a pile, and a tornado comes and sucks it up, eventually one of those times when it sucks up the parts, out will come a fully working car. I mean, they've proven that all humans have decended from the same original parents, which only proves what creationism is saying. But yeah that's just food for thought.  grin2.gif

Posted Image "I live for the hunt"
I hate head shots because it makes a nasty hole in the skull which looks horrible when putting the skull on display in my trophy case

Member of the Shadow Alliance Trinity

#14    Deimos

Deimos

Alien Abducter

• 4,596 posts

• Born of chaos. Survived by fear. Consumed by hate.

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(Noob Siabot @ Nov 14 2004, 04:06 PM)
Well, only a few species of Dinosaurs had those, and it was a strong feature in the Dromeosaurid or "Raptor" family. But as it was said earlier, Raptors supposedly lived too late to be the ancestors of birds, and besides, just cause they're called "Raptors" doesn't mean anything. They could have been named cats or hawks, but it wouldn't mean that they would be any different. Names are just what poeple give, they don't mean that the names are acurate.

And on the note of creationism, yes I believe in it, but I also think that horizontal (I hope it's horizontal) evolution, because if you isolate animals in a certain environment, they do change of a few generations. But evolution makes no sense, cause what started the first spark of life? I mean, the theory (and mind you, it's still only a theory!) basically says that if you have a car that is taken apart by every peice, laying in a pile, and a tornado comes and sucks it up, eventually one of those times when it sucks up the parts, out will come a fully working car. I mean, they've proven that all humans have decended from the same original parents, which only proves what creationism is saying. But yeah that's just food for thought.  grin2.gif

View Post

Interesting summary bro! thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
"Those who stand before me will be lain to waste, and from their ashes my legend will rise. I will end the illusion brought on by their weakness."

#15    mr_halo

mr_halo

Alien Abducter

• 4,556 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE(Noob Siabot @ Nov 15 2004, 01:06 AM)

And on the note of creationism, yes I believe in it, but I also think that horizontal (I hope it's horizontal) evolution, because if you isolate animals in a certain environment, they do change of a few generations. But evolution makes no sense, cause what started the first spark of life? I mean, the theory (and mind you, it's still only a theory!) basically says that if you have a car that is taken apart by every peice, laying in a pile, and a tornado comes and sucks it up, eventually one of those times when it sucks up the parts, out will come a fully working car. I mean, they've proven that all humans have decended from the same original parents, which only proves what creationism is saying. But yeah that's just food for thought.  grin2.gif

View Post

yeah i think i heard it about raptors, but i'm no expert on things like this, i just thought i'd add my comment  grin2.gif

cool.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users