Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do you keep a diary?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

all right, i'll grant that people can self censor, and even do it without being aware of it. sometimes this are things we learn in order to stay safe or alive, and i don't think the blame should lay on the person who has learned to censor themselves because that's what they need to do to stay safe. it is a negative thing, but i don't think it's just a thing of the modern world, though.

#32    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 15 July 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

LMAO so can I ask you some questions.

Did you burn all the things you wrote? If so why?
Do you have a Facebook or MySpace?

I dispose of most of the stuff I write, not to mention paint, draw, or otherwise create, at regular intervals.  Maybe every few years or less.  It's more than just privacy.  It's moving on and letting go the past.  But if something's very private, it will be disposed of more quickly.  The internet is a problem.  So all I can really do is make sure I publish nothing private.

You might understand this better if you recognise that I like the craft of writing and therefore much of my writing is simply done fro the [pleasure of writing and it is therefore pointless to keep it.

I do not have a Facebook or MySpace account --- well, I set up accounts in both years ago but they are defunkt.

#33    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

i love to look at them to see how much ive grown since them, i will never dispose of them

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#34    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 18 July 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I dispose of most of the stuff I write, not to mention paint, draw, or otherwise create, at regular intervals.  Maybe every few years or less.  It's more than just privacy.  It's moving on and letting go the past.  But if something's very private, it will be disposed of more quickly.  The internet is a problem.  So all I can really do is make sure I publish nothing private.

You might understand this better if you recognise that I like the craft of writing and therefore much of my writing is simply done fro the [pleasure of writing and it is therefore pointless to keep it.

I do not have a Facebook or MySpace account --- well, I set up accounts in both years ago but they are defunkt.
But don't you think that might be the reason there's very little originality in this world, everything's clones of everything else because people feel that if they think outside of the box they'll be ridiculed.
P.S. thanks for replying

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 18 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#35    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 18 July 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

But don't you think that might be the reason there's very little originality in this world, everything's clones of everything else because people feel that if they think outside of the box they'll be ridiculed.
P.S. thanks for replying
well said good sir. well said indeed! the world is to "babied" in modern society, people need to live a little

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#36    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

There is something sinister in the act of burning books..

Imagine if the diary of Ann frank was burnt? What a loss to the world that would have been..

Personally I hope they find my diaries when I go & make a movie about it. :lol: Wont that be a crazy show. I've only got dream diaries..

#37    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 18 July 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

There is something sinister in the act of burning books..

Imagine if the diary of Ann frank was burnt? What a loss to the world that would have been..

Personally I hope they find my diaries when I go & make a movie about it. :lol: Wont that be a crazy show. I've only got dream diaries..
Hey where is your avatar from Amsterdam?, because they have one of those in Amsterdam

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#38    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 18 July 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Hey where is your avatar from Amsterdam?, because they have one of those in Amsterdam
My Avatar is from New Zealand.
Is made of concrete.. I make them in my shed.

Posted Image

#39    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 19 July 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

My Avatar is from New Zealand.
Is made of concrete.. I make them in my shed.

Posted Image
WOW nice work :tu:

#40    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 18 July 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Yes, I do, and more, they have got so used to wearing the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have become incapable of thinking outside the box, and more, they have got so used to the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have lost awareness of them and are under the illusion that their life inside the box is normal.

#41    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 22 July 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yes, I do, and more, they have got so used to wearing the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have become incapable of thinking outside the box, and more, they have got so used to the "mind forg'd manacles" that they have lost awareness of them and are under the illusion that their life inside the box is normal.
but by you getting rid of the stuff you've written aren't you kind of playing into the hand of trying to conform?

#42    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 22 July 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

but by you getting rid of the stuff you've written aren't you kind of playing into the hand of trying to conform?

Don't know what you mean here.  Explain?

#43    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

My oldest brother told me at a young age never to put anything in writing that you don't want to share with the world.  He should know.  He has been married 4 times.

#44    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 22 July 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Don't know what you mean here.  Explain?
Ok, if I write something incredibly original and against the grain of the common thinking, and think to myself nobody will accept this because its not a clone of everything else around, and destroy it, I'm in essence conforming to the world and what it views as good or not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users