Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton related?

Anomalocaris

Presidential candidate Donald Trump may criticize rival Hillary Clinton regularly, but the Republican and Democratic front-runners are actually distant relatives.

Both the real estate tycoon and former Secretary of State are the direct descendants of 14th century 1st Duke of Lancaster John of Gaunt and his third wife Katherine Swynford, according to the ancestry site MyHeritage.com.

Clinton claims the lineage to her 18th great-grandparents through the Rodham family of her father's side while Trump is related to her through his mother Mary Anne Macleod, who was born in Scotland.

The common relative means that the Democrat and Republican are 19th cousins.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton revealed to be distant cousins as family trees show they share same set of royal ancestors

Edited by Anomalocaris

Somehow, deep inside, I always knew that a presidential race in this country, would become little more than a 19th cousins fight.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 1

Neither one will get the nomination so.................

Edited by OverSword

Yea big news. If you go back far enough many people have common ancestors. Here's an enjoyable link on the matter. http://waitbutwhy.co...and-future.html

Yep, I just recently found out I'm a direct descendant of King Niall of Ireland--he ruled somewhere around the 5th century AD. Me, and about 3 million other people are direct descendants of this guy. There you go.

• Like 1

To make it disturbing, there's a good chance many married couple share some bloodlines too. Maybe you want to think twice before you sign up for ancestry.

To make it disturbing, there's a good chance many married couple share some bloodlines too. Maybe you want to think twice before you sign up for ancestry.

Ancestry, or Ashley Madison? Certainly for one of those, you should think twice! ;)

• Like 1

Good one. I'm sure each has produced some awkward moments for a few.

Edited by F3SS

Ancestry, or Ashley Madison? Certainly for one of those, you should think twice! ;)

Talking about it, does it work ? I mean im not in a couple but if i make an account, can i meet some girls ?

Yea Leo, tell us all you know about your ventures on Ashley Madison.

Edited by F3SS

Talking about it, does it work ? I mean im not in a couple but if i make an account, can i meet some girls ?

Those sites are sausage fests.

• Like 1

I remember reading a story years ago about the problems with our adoption system. Mainly siblings being separated and scattered. In the story, a high school kid found out he had siblings he was never told about and started looking for them. Shockingly he had been dating his own sister for months...

There's was also a case where a married man and woman who already had kids found out the same thing.

I remember reading a story years ago about the problems with our adoption system. Mainly siblings being separated and scattered. In the story, a high school kid found out he had siblings he was never told about and started looking for them. Shockingly he had been dating his own sister for months...

There's was also a case where a married man and woman who already had kids found out the same thing.

Oh the horror! Seriously.

Yea Leo, tell us all you know about your ventures on Ashley Madison.

It was the winter of '88....there was a hard blizzard blowin', and Ma and me settled down for a nap. She asked me where I'd been the last few days, and well, I was a bit hesitant to tell her. Y'see, I'd been on my way to meet someone by the name of Ashley Madison. But I found out she'd been killed by the time I got to her apartment. Strangled with a pair of pantyhose. The cops had already been there, and I met my old friend, Sergeant MacGuffin of homicide. He looked at me kinda strange, and asked me where I'd been the last few days, and well, I was bit hesitant to tell him. It seems I'd been on my way to meet with someone named Ashley Madison, but before I got to the meetin' place, I got a hot tip on a horse at the Santa Anita track from an old friend of mine, by the name of Nick MacGuffin. He asked me where I'd been the last few days, and well, I was bit hesitant to tell him. Seems I'd been on my way to meet with someone by the name of Ashley Madison.....

• Like 1

Uhhh...

You didn't like my version of the events? You asked me to tell all I know about my adventures on Ashley Madison.....I was just trying to be helpful.

Well I kind of did but I sure as hell didn't know what to say. It was an artsy and creepy short story. Kudos though.

Well I kind of did but I sure as hell didn't know what to say. It was an artsy and creepy short story. Kudos though.

Thanks. It made me laugh, and I needed that today.

• Like 1

Yea big news. If you go back far enough many people have common ancestors. Here's an enjoyable link on the matter. http://waitbutwhy.co...and-future.html

I started out annoyed by that article because I didn't care at all about the authors family history, but then it got into the ancestry and was actually pretty fascinating.

• Like 1

I started out annoyed by that article because I didn't care at all about the authors family history, but then it got into the ancestry and was actually pretty fascinating.

Yea he's long winded but has an interesting and colorful writing style. Quite a few good posts on his site. Glad you read it.

• Like 1