Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scott Walker: A wall on the Canadian border

questionmark

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker ® says the United States needs to secure all its borders — and that includes reviewing security on the far-less-controversial northern border it shares with Canada, the longest border in the world at 5,525 miles.

Walker has long said that securing U.S. borders, especially the southern border with Mexico, is not only a deterrent to illegal immigration but also a way to ensure that terrorists and international criminals do not enter the country. During an interview on NBC News's "Meet the Press" that aired Sunday morning, Walker pointed out that the United States spends millions of dollars on security at airports and ports and that it "only makes sense" to also pay that level of attention to the borders, including the one with Canada.

Moderator Chuck Todd asked Walker whether he would support building a wall along the long northern border.

Read more

Good that he did not imply that the Canadians had to pay for it....

On the upside: It would be 25 miles longer than the Chinese Great Wall....

• Like 2

They've gotta do something about those darn refugees from Stephen Harper's tyrannical regime...

(Is Scott Walker the same one off of the Walker Brothers who did The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, among others?)

(I like how the software here automatically turns ( R ) into ®. )

• Like 1

Donald Trump keeps repeating the GW of Chine-ah was 13 000 miles long.... he said it again Friday night in a speech..... I have no idea... I haven't measured it. Wikipedia says 5000.... the dailymail says 13 000 as do many other websites

Edited by acidhead

Donald Trump keeps repeating the GW of Chine-ah was 13 000 miles long.... he said it again Friday night in a speech.

If you count all branches that have been build he is right, in fact there is actually more than one wall that were erected as China expanded. But the frontier it protects is only 5500 miles long (of which most is not standing anymore). The border between the USA and Canada is 5525 miles long (and the longest national border in the world).

It is bad business if you look something up and only read the last paragraph :whistle:

• Like 1

Why is he afraid of US citizens crossing the border to Canada? How very northkorean of him...

• Like 4

For the racism arguments to remain logically consistent, we have to conclude that Scott Walker isn't racist.

Speaking of the Great Wall of China, does the fast growing China have an illegal immigration problem? Do they still use their Great Wall to keep the immigrants out?

• Like 1

How is Scott Walker allowed to run for President when he was born in Canada?

For the racism arguments to remain logically consistent, we have to conclude that Scott Walker isn't racist.

Speaking of the Great Wall of China, does the fast growing China have an illegal immigration problem? Do they still use their Great Wall to keep the immigrants out?

except of the touristy part most of the wall does not exist anymore but as a ruin... and like most Commie countries they have more problems keeping their people in than other people out

• Like 1

As far as I know he was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

You're thinking of Cruz? He was a dual citizen but renounced his Canadian citzenship.

• Like 2

I was watching this news show one night and this woman that had a farm along the Canadian border said people were sneaking through in the middle of the night. She found it scary.

While Canadians aren't beating down the border to get here others entering Canada from other countries might want to. However considering Canada has a handle on crime, terrorists and such and their government is basically honest I think the southern border is much more urgent.

Edited by Ashotep

You're thinking of Cruz? He was a dual citizen but renounced his Canadian citzenship.

Still, given that neither of his parents were in Canada on official US business nor in the military, his birth in Canada would disqualify him as "natural born citizen".

Edited by questionmark

except of the touristy part most of the wall does not exist anymore but as a ruin... and like most Commie countries they have more problems keeping their people in than other people out

So the neighbors aren't relying on 9th century technology to keep the Chinese out. I've never heard of this Chinese emigration problem coming from a country with a population that big and a border that long and a government that bad.

Is he also talking about the Alaskan border? What about Hawaii? You'd think they'd be safe, being islands and all, but people can still get there by boat. And what about the other coasts? Do we really want people floating into Baltimore Harbor or the Hudson Bay? How about fencing in the St. Lawrence Seaway too? And do you have any idea how many foreign ships dock at Long Beach, California? Why stop at just the Candaia and Mixico boarders? Better zip up the entire country.

That'll fix their hash!

• Like 4

Gov. Scott Walker is promoting "securing the borders" as "a way to ensure that terrorists and international criminals do not enter the country."

right, no one would ever think of arriving in small airplane flying very low? Or as Leo Krupe said ... from a boat on the coast.

it's just political hype... but i'm sure it's being considered seriously from a CONTRACTUAL per$pective?

• Like 1

Gov. Scott Walker is promoting "securing the borders" as "a way to ensure that terrorists and international criminals do not enter the country."

right, no one would ever think of arriving in small airplane flying very low? Or as Leo Krupe said ... from a boat on the coast.

it's just political hype... but i'm sure it's being considered seriously from a CONTRACTUAL per$pective?

Or, it's being considered from a polling perspective, since he's fading fast.

• Like 1

Well, in Scott Walker's defense- There has been more ISIS attacks and activity in Canada than in Mexico. So if you are going to build a wall to stop terrorists it would make more sense to make it there. (Not that making walls to stop terrorists makes sense)

• Like 1

Well, in Scott Walker's defense- There has been more ISIS attacks and activity in Canada than in Mexico. So if you are going to build a wall to stop terrorists it would make more sense to make it there. (Not that making walls to stop terrorists makes sense)

Guess he was out to trump the Trump...

• Like 1

It's not about keeping Canadians out, it's about keeping Americans in. FEMA camps, police state, militarized police, Patriot Act, NSA surveillance..uh what other buzzwords am I missing here...Federal Reserve?

Thanks Gromdor, I liked most everything Rand Paul had to say on the subject of walls .. refreshing to hear a politician making good sense once in awhile. He's sort of funny too!

Ops my bad. Ya your right i was thinking of Cruz. Even if he did renounce his Canadian citizenship he was still born in Canada!

In related humor:

Nation with Crumbling Bridges and Roads Excited to Build Giant Wall

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—As America’s bridges, roads, and other infrastructure dangerously deteriorate from decades of neglect, there is a mounting sense of urgency that it is time to build a giant wall.

Across the U.S., whose rail system is a rickety antique plagued by deadly accidents, Americans are increasingly recognizing that building a wall with Mexico, and possibly another one with Canada, should be the country’s top priority.

Harland Dorrinson, the executive director of a Washington-based think tank called the Center for Responsible Immigration, believes that most Americans favor the building of border walls over extravagant pet projects like structurally sound freeway overpasses.

Read more

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

He's right you know. A country has to have its priorities in order!

A northern wall does not really seem necessary...