Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark Souls

LucidElement

Is it worth the 20.00? I heard its hard, but got 9.5/10 on gamespot. Looks fun. I'm a huge RPG guy. But is it easy to figure out. What are your reviews for those that have played?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buckskin scout

• MysticStrummer

• LucidElement

• Rlyeh

No it is not easy, and the keyboard controls don't help. Apparently it is better with a gamepad, but I've never tried.

I am thinking about buying this game too for my console becausing the prevailing word is overall positive on the game and afterall only $20 bucks now.

Dark Souls 2 is due to be released 12/31/13.

No game is for everyone, but I'd say $20 for Dark Souls is a no brainer. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are my 1st and 2nd favorite games on PS3, and I go back and forth about which one I think is better. I'd say the basic gameplay is easy to figure out, but the overall game is very challenging. It's not hard in a cheap way, but you have to go slow and pay attention because there are many ways to die. The Souls games are the type that make you feel like you really accomplished something substantial when you reach the end, although both games allow you to start a New Game + with your old character so neither has to end if you want more. There's a line from the Michael Douglas movie "The Game" where a man who has already experienced The Game tells the main character that he envies him because he's about to experience The Game for the first time. I think most Souls fans would say the same to a newcomer like yourself. The only potential downside I can think of is that the story isn't exactly presented in a straightforward way.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the game and LOVE IT! But it is difficult and challenging and the big baddies are abit intimidating upon first encounters as they are physically imposing and do a damn good job of imposing their will upon me.

I like this more than Skyrim... I am currently a bandit with firebombs!

I bought the game and LOVE IT! But it is difficult and challenging and the big baddies are abit intimidating upon first encounters as they are physically imposing and do a damn good job of imposing their will upon me.

I like this more than Skyrim... I am currently a bandit with firebombs!

I agree about Skyrim. It's not a bad game by any means but Dark Souls just blows it out of the virtual water. Not once in Skyrim did I ever feel the same surge of adrenalin that I felt every single time another player invaded my Souls game.

I agree about Skyrim. It's not a bad game by any means but Dark Souls just blows it out of the virtual water. Not once in Skyrim did I ever feel the same surge of adrenalin that I felt every single time another player invaded my Souls game.

Sounds like I need to get on live and play this multiplayer! :tu: