Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

  • Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

  1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 43.14%

  2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1291    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Postquillius, on 20 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

has anyone been able to access the web link ... www.access.gp etc etc as posted in Jims post #1284???

Didn't work for me, I've asked Stu Harris to check it, and meanwhile I suggest you wayback the URL.


#1292    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,885 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postquillius, on 20 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

has anyone been able to access the web link ... www.access.gp etc etc as posted in Jims post #1284???

Just tried, nope.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1293    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,391 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 20 November 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Didn't work for me, I've asked Stu Harris to check it, and meanwhile I suggest you wayback the URL.

I am not familiar with this phrase?


#1294    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View Postquillius, on 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

I am not familiar with this phrase?

The 'Wayback Machine' is an internet archival service, here's the link:
http://archive.org/web/web.php

However, it tells me that this particular US GPO URL was not archived.

A lot of other stuff was, and you can find dead links from the mid-1990s in many cases.

The author of the original blog entry, however, will be able to update the link for us shortly.


#1295    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,391 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 20 November 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

The 'Wayback Machine' is an internet archival service, here's the link:
http://archive.org/web/web.php

However, it tells me that this particular US GPO URL was not archived.

A lot of other stuff was, and you can find dead links from the mid-1990s in many cases.

The author of the original blog entry, however, will be able to update the link for us shortly.

ah ok, yes I came across that earlier today funnily enough and thought how clever.....but obviously didnt register name...

thanks


#1296    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

If you just google the name of the code chapter you find lots of other links to it, such as

http://www.law.corne...t-II/chapter-17


#1297    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,391 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 20 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

If you just google the name of the code chapter you find lots of other links to it, such as

http://www.law.corne...t-II/chapter-17

yes indeed, I was already messing around and digging around and happened to be on that site...however, I am struggling with the link with regards to defense versus patents, the only link I could find was this

The Atomic Energy Commission, the Secretary of a defense department, the chief officer of any other department or agency of the Government designated by the President as a defense agency of the United States, and the Secretary of Commerce, may separately issue rules and regulations to enable the respective department or agency to carry out the provisions of this chapter, and may delegate any power conferred by this chapter.






which I guess has quite a broad scope in enabling the government to pull rank, but lets look at this further...


#1298    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Post747400, on 20 November 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Deep Space Battle Cruisers and Space Elevators, how I wish all that was really true.

lot of toys here n there... perhaps we should stick to the ones which serve us better?

"The U.S. government's secret space program has decided to give NASA two telescopes as big as, and even more powerful than, the Hubble Space Telescope. Designed for surveillance, the telescopes from the National Reconnaissance Office were no longer needed for spy missions and can now be used to study the heavens." - http://www.theatlant...ave-two/258061/


#1299    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postquillius, on 20 November 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

but lets look at this further...

hey q... also check here if you haven't already... http://history.nasa....SP-4102/ch8.htm

:tu:


#1300    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,685 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 20 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

"The U.S. government's secret space program has decided to give NASA two telescopes as big as, and even more powerful than, the Hubble Space Telescope. Designed for surveillance, the telescopes from the National Reconnaissance Office were no longer needed for spy missions and can now be used to study the heavens." - http://www.theatlant...ave-two/258061/

telescopes for surveillance; spy missions? i'm confused... at what resolving power?


Posted Image


#1301    synchronomy

synchronomy

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • Joined:05 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario Canada

  • Facinating

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postquillius, on 20 November 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

fair points Boon, although when it was set up wasnt it for space exploration....

RH: I am quoting from the law, the enabling legislation on page 11 in section I, it says, "The administration (meaning NASA) shall be considered a defense agency of the United States." Now we have always operated on the assumption....When I was with PBS, I absolutely would have sworn on a stack of Bibles and Korans that NASA was a civilian agency for space exploration of the government of the United States. Literally, a few days ago, when I read this carefully, I was stunned to see in the language the actual act says that NASA shall be considered a defense agency of the United States. Now, what that implies...
EM: I'll have to admit that's an interesting bit of language.

I guess this is what Hoagland thought it was for at least....and maybe Edgar too judging by his response....
Perhaps including NASA as a defence agency of the United States, was a just-in-case clause?  Just speculating here.  I'm sure when NASA was first created, no one could imagine the direction that the agency could be taking, regarding what discoveries and/or technology might be developed once space exploration had really taken hold.
I recall at least one shuttle mission (I'm sure there were others) which was cloaked in secrecy as it was (IIRC) deploying a military satellite.  Maybe including NASA as a defence agency is necessary in order to, if need be, implement executive orders to exempt portions of missions, or their entirety, from FOI requests?
Seems to me that the majority of NASA work is done quite openly and with a drive towards making discoveries and data available whenever possible.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#1302    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

    They knew too much about flying saucers!

  • Member
  • 27,187 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Ministry of Love

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 20 November 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

telescopes for surveillance; spy missions? i'm confused... at what resolving power?


Posted Image

Interesting; so what were they used to surveille before? The secret alien bases on the Moon, or Mars, or indeed the Asteroid belt? So why were they no longer needed for surveillance? Do they have something even more exciting to use now? :clap:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#1303    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,391 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Perhaps including NASA as a defence agency of the United States, was a just-in-case clause?  Just speculating here.  I'm sure when NASA was first created, no one could imagine the direction that the agency could be taking, regarding what discoveries and/or technology might be developed once space exploration had really taken hold.
I recall at least one shuttle mission (I'm sure there were others) which was cloaked in secrecy as it was (IIRC) deploying a military satellite.  Maybe including NASA as a defence agency is necessary in order to, if need be, implement executive orders to exempt portions of missions, or their entirety, from FOI requests?
Seems to me that the majority of NASA work is done quite openly and with a drive towards making discoveries and data available whenever possible.

I agree that such an organisation will be changing course throughout its developement however I would envisage the 'core' principals and directives to remain constant, which leads into your last point on which I agree again. I think ultimately their 'directive/purpose' was research and data gathering...but with that clause that allowed daddy to say ok we will handle this part...please now do continue your research (just in case clause?!?)


#1304    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

    They knew too much about flying saucers!

  • Member
  • 27,187 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Ministry of Love

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Perhaps including NASA as a defence agency of the United States, was a just-in-case clause?  Just speculating here.  I'm sure when NASA was first created, no one could imagine the direction that the agency could be taking, regarding what discoveries and/or technology might be developed once space exploration had really taken hold.
I recall at least one shuttle mission (I'm sure there were others) which was cloaked in secrecy as it was (IIRC) deploying a military satellite.  Maybe including NASA as a defence agency is necessary in order to, if need be, implement executive orders to exempt portions of missions, or their entirety, from FOI requests?

Yes, there were quite a few of those; they were going to use Vandenberg AFB, (under the jurisdiction of the 30th Space Wing, Air Force Space Command), for those, but they never did in the end.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#1305    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

View Post747400, on 20 November 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Interesting; so what were they used to surveille before? The secret alien bases on the Moon, or Mars, or indeed the Asteroid belt? So why were they no longer needed for surveillance? Do they have something even more exciting to use now? :clap:

I believe the donation involves two surplus MIRRORS that still would need to be installed in a telescope in orbit. It's the sort of hardware used for astronomical observations, too.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users