Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#256    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostIdano, on 05 October 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

King does not translate well into movies, read the book, it will scare you..omg :yes:

Yeah I didn't think it was very scary at all

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#257    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I Have 2 ..

1. The Blair Witch Project - I watched it once as a teenager, and have never been able to watch it again ever since .. I tried on different occasions, but would only make it to half of the film .. I have no idea why, but it always felt so real ..

2. The Fourth Kind - I seriously haven't slept a whole year properly until I found out it was all fake .. The night I've watched it I couldn't even blink- I was that terrified to close my eyes ..

I know people will laugh saying those are the 2 most stupid films ever!! And I know it's true .. But you have no idea how terrifying they were for me ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#258    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

the original   "The birds".   it scared me twice, the night i first saw it and then again the next day when i just happened to have to walk to school ( back when people actually did walk to school her in western washington) and there was a flock of crows waiting for me two blocks from home  I think i was 10 at the time.  i still sometimes shiver at the sight of a flock of crows 40+ years later

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 08 October 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#259    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 08 October 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

I Have 2 ..

1. The Blair Witch Project - I watched it once as a teenager, and have never been able to watch it again ever since .. I tried on different occasions, but would only make it to half of the film .. I have no idea why, but it always felt so real ..

2. The Fourth Kind - I seriously haven't slept a whole year properly until I found out it was all fake .. The night I've watched it I couldn't even blink- I was that terrified to close my eyes ..

I know people will laugh saying those are the 2 most stupid films ever!! And I know it's true .. But you have no idea how terrifying they were for me ..

I saw The Fourth Kind and that movies no joke I almost walked out of the theatre it was so scary.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#260    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 October 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

I saw The Fourth Kind and that movies no joke I almost walked out of the theatre it was so scary.
i liked that movie to untill i found out it was all fake.

#261    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Orphanage
Event Horizon
Ring, original Japanese the best. American remake was very good, but just didn't have that extra :devil:
Dark Water, original Japanese. remake was as scary as Mickey Mouse
Grudge. Those jerky movements were really creepy when first seen, been copied a lot now and lost it's edge.

And a Spanish low budget horror I don't remember the name of, but only a few years old. About a father and daughter move into an old out of the way house to renovate it. Seems the Spanish have taken over from the Japanese in producing high grade horror. Another, though not scary, IMO, is "Time Crimes" Probably has different names in countries it was released in.

#262    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Personally, Event Horrizon.  messed me up...  lol

also, In the Mouth of Madness

Edited by John Rayne, 09 October 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#263    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostJohn Rayne, on 09 October 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Personally, Event Horrizon.  messed me up...  lol

also, In the Mouth of Madness

Event Horizon is one of my all time favorite movies. I like the whole concept that the ship went into a different dimension that was "pure evil" love that.

#264    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Event Horizon is one of my all time favorite movies. I like the whole concept that the ship went into a different dimension that was "pure evil" love that.
"where we're going, you don't need eyes to see." :devil:

#265    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostMetallicBlood, on 29 July 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

BEEP BEEP RICHIE! *laughs like pennywise*

#266    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostHavocWing, on 05 October 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

John Capetenters "The thing"

You're kidding, right? I remember seeing that movie on cable at a frat party when I was in college. Now, I went to college when I was older...twentyish. And there were all these little 18-year-old sorority girls squealing and hiding their eyes, and I'm laughing my a** off at the cartoonish "violence." It was just so silly. I finally had enough and said, "What is wrong with you little twits? This is about the least scary movie I've ever seen."

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#267    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,609 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostIdano, on 05 October 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

King does not translate well into movies, read the book, it will scare you..omg :yes:

IT is an absolutely immense tale, so layered and creepy and funny at the same time! The Kitchener Ironworks and poor Mike weirded me out :w00t:

The Exorcist is terrifying but not for the corny moments that are well known, the story and human aspects are really harrowing and so wonderfully conveyed, the characters are so believable and their roles concise and powerful, the direction is masterful and the pacing is outstanding. You pick up more each time you watch it and the little things really make you appreciate the scope of this masterpiece. The demon is one spooky customer too, which doesn't help matters!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#268    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

I so desperately need to get this film on DVD! I've only seen perhaps the last thrid perhaps which really annoys me. The concept just sounds to excellent, and perhaps a little Lovecraftian. A sort of From Beyond, or Bleknap Long's Hounds of Tindalos feel from what i gather.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#269    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostUrisk, on 11 October 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

I so desperately need to get this film on DVD! I've only seen perhaps the last thrid perhaps which really annoys me. The concept just sounds to excellent, and perhaps a little Lovecraftian. A sort of From Beyond, or Bleknap Long's Hounds of Tindalos feel from what i gather.

I don't think I am allowed to post the video itself, but you might want to enter this in YouTube search:

H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon: Book of the Dead (1993)

#270    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,609 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Event Horizon isn't too bad, kinda reminds me of the whole philadelphia experiment vibe. The build up is great but it just gets silly and funny towards the end, it does have three legends in tho, Dr Grant, Morpheus and Lucius Malfoy!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users