Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would you drink recycled sewage?

thames water recycled sewage drink toilet water

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,115 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Millions of families are being asked if they would drink water from recycled sewage to avoid shortages.

Thames Water, which supplies more than 3.5million homes in London and the Thames Valley, will face a deficit of 125million litres a day by the end of the decade if no action is taken.

That is roughly equivalent to the amount needed for a million baths.

http://www.dailymail...-shortages.html

Posted Image

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

We do already; the planet's hydraulics is a closed system.  The question is closer to how much untreated sewage are we willing to tolerate.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,239 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Bring it on, I have a filter.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

my fluid intake has either been brewed or distilled so i'm pretty sure i'm safe.
saying that though, the gallon of suicider i've got for tonight's party looks a bit iffy.....
:-S

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

My cats won't drink tap water; only bottled water.  (The public water system here is not quite up to US standards).

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,239 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 May 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

My cats won't drink tap water; only bottled water.  (The public water system here is not quite up to US standards).
They got more fluoride than us. Our teeth are not as white as the Americans.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,738 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

There is no way I am going to drink recycled sewage.  I drink deep well water now and I intend to keep it that way.

My horses won't drink out of the creek.  They will get in it to play but they run across the field in the scorching summer heat  for some cold well water.  I think the creek must smell fishy to them.

#8    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 6,865 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Most of America already does.  Denver's sewage goes into the Platte River for Omaha to treat and drink.  Detroit's goes into the Detroit River, then into Lake Erie where it flows along the south shore so that Cleveland, Fairport, Painesville, Geneva, Ashtabula, Conneaut, Erie, Dunkirk and Buffalo, among others will have something to run through their filter plants.  Every major river in the US has these problems.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#9    AZDZ

AZDZ

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

Everyone knows all water has potentially been waste water before, right?

That beverage you about to spit across your PC screen could contain water molecules which were once dino p***.

Urine is simply water which has impurity dissolved in it. Remove the impurity's and you're left with water no different from what you drank in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users