Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Crop circles are not the work of hoaxers

greg jefferys crop circles

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#121    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

I've never tried to 'make' a crop circle, but some of them are so geometrically perfect and of a scale that I find incredible could be hoaxed especially in a few hours in the dark...Is it a coincidence that crop circle areas of Britain we see metallic spheres and military helicopters, or is that all part of the hoax ?

#122    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostRealm, on 08 June 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

Any snow cirlces out there? Oh wait... that would leave footprints.

Actually,

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...re a thing, too

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#123    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,217 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

View Postciriuslea, on 08 June 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

I've never tried to 'make' a crop circle, but some of them are so geometrically perfect and of a scale that I find incredible could be hoaxed especially in a few hours in the dark...Is it a coincidence that crop circle areas of Britain we see metallic spheres and military helicopters, or is that all part of the hoax ?
All you need is a bit of string tied to a stake to make a perfect circle, and there are lots of similar very easy techniques for spirals and other geometrics, and of course gps and a bit of pre-planning...

And what areas of Britain don't have airports or military bases nearby, or meteorological stations that release silvery met balloons..?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#124    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

These things are the best example I can think of that there always exist people willing and eager to be fools.

#125    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 08 June 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

All you need is a bit of string tied to a stake to make a perfect circle, and there are lots of similar very easy techniques for spirals and other geometrics, and of course gps and a bit of pre-planning...

And what areas of Britain don't have airports or military bases nearby, or meteorological stations that release silvery met balloons..?

Maybe you haven't seen just how technical some of the more elaborate 'circles' are, they're not all circles btw...Like I said I've never made one so don't know how easy they are to make...
I'm guessing you have for you to comment on the process...please post pics of the circles you have made for us to compare to the ones found in England,

I'm keeping an open mind on the subject what I said was I found it incredible they could be made within a few hours in the dark...not that they couldn't or that spock made them...Id like to see someone who had some knowledge of creating art like this, how they would go about creating one...an elaborate one with some degree of technical challenge let them try it in the dark and see what happens

http://wingnutmodels.../CropCircle.jpg

On a seperate note is there any pics of any half finished or crop circles that went wrong or any suspected circles that went wrong but the whole area was flattened to cover it up ?

Edited by ciriuslea, 08 June 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#126    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,217 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postciriuslea, on 08 June 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Maybe you haven't seen just how technical some of the more elaborate 'circles' are, they're not all circles btw...
Really?  Thanks!

Like I said Ive never made one so dont know how easy they are to make...
Neither have I, but I know geometry pretty well, am quite good at solving puzzles and thinking laterally to achieve goals, and ... I've even owned a spirograph!

Have you visited any of the sites owned by those who do actually create them?
(When you get down to my challenge below, I'd strongly advise you to have done that first or an embarrassing gaffe may occur..  Here's an easily findable example of stuff you *really* need to read, but there are a lot more that are not quite so easy to find.  Good Luck!)

I'm guessing you have for you to comment on the process...
These are just shapes created by crops/plants being flattened - what sort of knowledge requirements would make you guess that I must have made one?

please post pics of the circles you have made for us to compare to the ones found in England
I'm not making the claim that they can't be done/must be of alien origin, so here's my challenge - why don't you post the one you think couldn't be made with relatively simple methods, and I'll happily have a good think about it and post my comments here.  I'm game, are you?

As for the rest of your comment lmao....
?? Perhaps I need to clarify - I live in Australia where it *is* possible to get an awful long way from any airport.. but right now I'm near three and a major freeway, so I see a chopper every hour or two (so I better go look for the circles, I guess..)  But I digress - rather than losing your backside by excessive laughing, perhaps you can instead show us the evidence that helicopter activity is increased near crop circle sites (beyond that which might be expected from news choppers getting their story..).  That would be an addition to the thread content - give it a shot!

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#127    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

I once sat on the west kennet avenue at amesbury watching a guy making a crop circle in the field opposite, in broad daylight, about half-way through, he knocked off and went for a pint at the red lion before coming back half an hour later and resuming. we watched him (along with hundreds of other people) for a couple of hours, where he completed a circle of around 100ft diameter.
so somewhere, there must be pics of it half-completed, as I remember people taking pics when he'd slipped off for a pint!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#128    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 08 June 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Really?  Thanks!

Neither have I, but I know geometry pretty well, am quite good at solving puzzles and thinking laterally to achieve goals, and ... I've even owned a spirograph!

Have you visited any of the sites owned by those who do actually create them?
(When you get down to my challenge below, I'd strongly advise you to have done that first or an embarrassing gaffe may occur..  Here's an easily findable example of stuff you *really* need to read, but there are a lot more that are not quite so easy to find.  Good Luck!)

These are just shapes created by crops/plants being flattened - what sort of knowledge requirements would make you guess that I must have made one?

I'm not making the claim that they can't be done/must be of alien origin, so here's my challenge - why don't you post the one you think couldn't be made with relatively simple methods, and I'll happily have a good think about it and post my comments here.  I'm game, are you?

?? Perhaps I need to clarify - I live in Australia where it *is* possible to get an awful long way from any airport.. but right now I'm near three and a major freeway, so I see a chopper every hour or two (so I better go look for the circles, I guess..)  But I digress - rather than losing your backside by excessive laughing, perhaps you can instead show us the evidence that helicopter activity is increased near crop circle sites (beyond that which might be expected from news choppers getting their story..).  That would be an addition to the thread content - give it a shot!

Geez, lol.... good for you, you can solve puzzles and like playing with spirographs,  you seem to have got carried away with yourself in trying to prove how they are made, I never stated that they couldn't be made with the blue peter approach, string and planks of wood, I just found it hard to believe they were made in pitch dark in a short space of time and to a complexity that needs some serious planning, and apparently lots of people have witnessed balls of light in and around crop circles and circle formation

The link you provided does provide some evidence about some of the 'circles' and upon viewing a youtube about one made in New Zealand at night does go some way to answering my initial query, but its not really at night the video is either moon lit or has a spotlight or something illuminating the area, apparently there are differences in circles, label distinction 'man made and real'

"In real crop circle formations the stems are not broken but are bent at 90° angles about an inch off the ground, at the plant's first node. The plants are subjected to a short and intense burst of heat or energy that softens the stems or stalks allowing them to be folded over onto the ground at a 90° angle. When the stems or stalks re-harden into their new position, the plants and crop are not damaged and continue to grow. This is the method used to identify a real crop circle formation (agriglyph). The canola oil plant has a structure like celery. If the stalk is bent more than about 45°, the stalk will break. When crop circles are found in canola fields, the stalks are bent 90°. Research and laboratory tests suggest that microwave or ultrasound may be the only method capable of producing this effect, but plant biologists are still baffled by this phenomenon"
http://cropcirclefacts.com/

The more I read into this the more it becomes apparent that some crop circles are more than just crops that have been trodden on to create an image, as for your challenge lol really ?...I suppose then any that has an unexplained altered chemistry like described in the above quote, can or have the hoaxers created a circle that incorporates all the known facts found in what are described as real in the above link, I think until the hoaxers make a circle that has all the same elements as this type of circle then I think I'll continue to keep an open mind on them

#129    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 June 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

These things are the best example I can think of that there always exist people willing and eager to be fools.

Its foolish to dismiss these without fully understanding how they are made sure some are man made but some who study them are baffled by how certain aspect appear...the hoaxers seem all too proud to tell the world they are hoaxed, surely they can let the world know how they managed to achieve some of the other anomalies found within the circles. ?

#130    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

You say, "some who study them are baffled."  That's funny: some who study them are fools, some who study them are airheads, some who study them want to be baffled.  There are plenty of people who study them who are not baffled.

#131    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 June 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

You say, "some who study them are baffled."  That's funny: some who study them are fools, some who study them are airheads, some who study them want to be baffled.  There are plenty of people who study them who are not baffled.

please before your lips start flapping follow the link, the quote is taken from a site concerned with facts about crop circle,

#132    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 June 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

That's funny: some who study them are fools, some who study them are airheads, some who study them want to be baffled.

I hope it makes you feel better to repeatedly point this out to us all. How about explaining why to the person you're talking to, before they get offended. Or is that what you were aiming for?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#133    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

My word I struck a raw nerve with two different people.  That is counterproductive, since all I want to do is get some thinking going, and it seems I failed.

#134    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,217 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ciriuslea (and _Only, and anyone else who wishes to help), it's time for you to put up or ..  You have again made claims that lack support - what "research and laboratory tests suggest that microwave or ultrasound may be the only method"?  And didn't you notice the words "suggest" and "may"??  It's a load of pretentious made-up rubbish - I've looked into this claim before, and found (owatasuprise) there was absolutely NO, ZERO, NADA scientific evidence or credible analysis.  If you are suggesting that has changed, please supply links to *that* rather than links to sites making more claims...

I'm gunna take a wild guess that if I go visit that website, not one of the many links it may contain is to any sort of real analysis.  Am I right, Ciriuslea?  Feel free to embarrass me by contradicting that...  And if you can't, what would you infer from that strange omission?

I'd be delighted to address any real evidence.  I'd be delighted to look at any circle designs that are claimed to be 'too difficult' for humans..  But that offer/request seems to have been ignored in favour of more handwaving and complaints about alleged insults.  Which seems like a very convenient way of avoiding the request that claimants actually support their claims.  How about supplying evidence and analysis instead of trying to avoid those topics?

___

#135    tinysbox13

tinysbox13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• "**** Happens"

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Whether Humans or ET's are making them (Personally I hope the latter) I believe that the ones with increased radiation levels are the ones we need to focus on.

cogito ergo sum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users