Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot - debunk this

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

I'm sure this may have been posted before.

But - which one of you hard core skeptics has the de-bunk on these guys?

Sylvanic

I feel the guy has a good attitude regarding the subject, but his pics look...hmm, i dunno.

Also the footage is suitably shaky and blurry to pass any seasoned bigfoot hunter's camera etiquette.

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#2    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,843 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostMurrangurk, on 03 December 2010 - 11:25 PM, said:

I'm sure this may have been posted before.

But - which one of you hard core skeptics has the de-bunk on these guys?

Sylvanic

I feel the guy has a good attitude regarding the subject, but his pics look...hmm, i dunno.

Also the footage is suitably shaky and blurry to pass any seasoned bigfoot hunter's camera etiquette.

I never saw a video on your link of a " Bigfoot "....

I will start by saying I am not paying $5.00 to download the 2 videos. ( hint hint ).....

Read their little " next skeptic" thing......LOL

And if you want to join them on a expidition , read that also.....

For someone who knows where a Bigfoot Family is , and wants to prove they are real , they sure have a strange way to do it....

I want to be there next skeptic , start suggesting me in thier emails :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

I don't know who they are.  Just found them today.  They have 3 videos on youtube, one is of a bigfoot - they claim.
I saw all three on youtube, found their link via there and checked out there website.

I figure anyone that "high profile" would either be on to something or someone's already busted them.

But very interesting...

This is their footage of the actual thing....look closely now, and don't blink or you'll miss it.

Bigfoot - Live!

Edited by Murrangurk, 04 December 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#4    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

Why is that a bigfoot and not a bear's butt?

Also, this sentence from the video is just plain bull: "But the details of what we did precisely to get that close cannot be publicly divulged 'cause our work is scientifically repeatable".

Um, sorry, the whole idea behind stuff being scientifically repeatable is that it is actually repeated by other people, and not just something you say. These guys fail science forever.

#5    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,416 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

Bigfoots to shy for video appearances, i know this fact because his mom works at the local chippy and tells everyone.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#6    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 04 December 2010 - 08:31 AM, said:

Why is that a bigfoot and not a bear's butt?

Also, this sentence from the video is just plain bull: "But the details of what we did precisely to get that close cannot be publicly divulged 'cause our work is scientifically repeatable".

Um, sorry, the whole idea behind stuff being scientifically repeatable is that it is actually repeated by other people, and not just something you say. These guys fail science forever.

Ah yes, but he cunningly disguises this by at certain points stating that if every TD&H pleb went out into the woods to repeat their science it would be disastrous.

Ok, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this particular claim, since I know what happens when folks go into the bush all excited with guns and very little supervision.

It's easy for us to take the ridicule approach when stuff like this comes out.  (I am trying very hard not to!  But they do make it hard.)

I was actually wondering if anyone has the dirt on these guys?   Anyone got his rap sheet?  Is there anyone out there who sold them the gorilla suit?

Which brings me to ...

View PostBelial, on 04 December 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

Bigfoots to shy for video appearances, i know this fact because his mom works at the local chippy and tells everyone.

Are you serious?
Wait - do you mean Bigfoot's mum comes into the chippy?  So bigfoots eat chips?

Edited by Murrangurk, 04 December 2010 - 10:42 AM.

#7    Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

• God told me to skin you alive.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

This topic has a thread here already,,pretty old if i remember right,,very interesting thread. :tu:

Hey Joe ,,where you goin with that gun in your hand??

#8    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,843 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

I remember all of this now.....It is a fraud...( my opinion , and many others).....
I will give you 2 good links to check , and that should be enough.....Make sure to read the links in order......

Also , 2006-2007 he knows where a family of Bigfeet are , and still nothing ?....Anyway , these 2 links should be sufficient , if not let me know......

One of the first red flags is in the name "Slyvanic". Todd's website said that this is the name the "locals" had given this hidden valley. A couple of GhostTheory readers had this to say:

Mortis says:">Hmm, Pennsylvania – sylvania a latin word meaning of the forest or woods. Sylvanic, sylvania. Not too difficult to see a relationship here. Don't think it is of some Native word and therefore don't believe in this tripe. There are better things to pay attention to.

Bruce Mills says:January 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM  (">I find it interesting that Standing's so-called "native people" appear to have a grasp of Latin (sylvan- coming from Sylvanus, "woodland deity)! guess classical training has proliferated farther than I had imagined! Hmmm

Freedictionary.com says:

syl·van also sil·van (slvn)1. Relating to or characteristic of woods or forest regions.2. Located in or inhabiting a wood or forest.3. Abounding in trees; wooded.n.">One that lives in or frequents the woods.[Medieval Latin sylvnus, from Latin Silvnus, god of the woods, from silva, forest.]

Given the fact that Sylvanic is derived from the latin Sylvus, it is suspicious that native people in the United States would have given this valley a Latin name. This is not concrete evidence of Todd being deceitful since many places in the United States do have Latin origins like California. One could say that Todd was confused as to the origin of the name or who exactly had initially named this place. Let us continue…

I then started to see several comments originated from the same computer or network using different name handles and emails. These comments were pro Sylvanic in nature. These comments were originated from British Columbia, Canada.

link 1

Due to the controversies that surround the "Sylvanic Bigfoot" project, we decided to do a quick Q&A style interview with Todd Standing.

If you are not familiar with the "Sylvanic Bigfoot" case, I suggest you check out this link to get yourself familiar with what GhostTheory and a reader who goes by "ME" have uncovered in the quest to find the truth about the Sylvanic project.

The interview questions were asked a week prior to our knowing of ME's investigation and what he had uncovered. What follows are questions from the editors at GhostTheory.

One of our readers (Henry), made this comment:<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Then feel free to read on where he contradicts himself describing first: Sylvanic… is the name of the canyon pass that leads to an enormous valley…" then in a later blog posting tells us that the valley is accessible only by a tunnel through the mountains, or by belaying down a mountain. So how did the bison get in there?

GT: Can you explain these discrepancies in your story?

The easiest way I knew of to get into the Sylvanic area was through a small tunnel that went under a mountain. There is a shot of this short tunnel in the mini documentary. The tunnel comes out in the canyon pass that leads to the valley. The alleged bison picture and accounting of bison in the Sylvanic area was a letter from someone else. I have never seen bison in that area.

link 2

Edited by Sakari, 04 December 2010 - 06:55 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#9    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,843 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

This picture was released october 23,2010.....There was supposed to be video coming out also....I have not looked nor followed this anymore.....The picture says it all.....

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#10    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,843 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

One more thing......

Maybe a Mod can explain this , you would think we could get a lot of answers if this is the case :)

Todd Standing is a columnist for Unexplained-Mysteries.com and a Bigfoot researcher. He's made quite a lot of headlines in the Bigfoot community by coming forward with video "proof" of these bipedal, ape-like creatures that he has filmed in recent expeditions. It doesn't just end there, he also claims to know a secret location called "Sylvanic" (According to Todd, this is the name given by the "native" people) said to be a hidden valley nestled deep into the American Rockies.

My link

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#11    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,377 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

What I remember is that in 2006 he went on a tour across Canada trying to get the Sasquatch as a protected species, and that he made a film that he charged people to watch that basically showed nothing but movement on a hill. It could easily have been a bear. He also has very detailed notes on how the BFs guard their camps, what foods they eat and how they communicate. None of which has been shown to be more then stories. He promised to go back and make a better movie, then his site and email dissappeared for three years. That says fraudster to me.

Also supposedly the "Sylvanic" valley was accessable only by a secret cave. Can you get more phony then that?

IMHO Todd is a fraud.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#12    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,416 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

As i see it, people post there stories here without actually joining or have i got that wrong?

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,843 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 December 2010 - 08:43 PM, said:

What I remember is that in 2006 he went on a tour across Canada trying to get the Sasquatch as a protected species, and that he made a film that he charged people to watch that basically showed nothing but movement on a hill. It could easily have been a bear. He also has very detailed notes on how the BFs guard their camps, what foods they eat and how they communicate. None of which has been shown to be more then stories. He promised to go back and make a better movie, then his site and email dissappeared for three years. That says fraudster to me.

Also supposedly the "Sylvanic" valley was accessable only by a secret cave. Can you get more phony then that?

IMHO Todd is a fraud.

Diechecker , picture a few posts back is his latest find , 1 month ago.....He is still " around "....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#14    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

Ah yeah!!  THAT's what I was looking for!  Thanks Sakari!

I already knew about the Sylvanic etymology, but I hadn't heard him claim it was a native name, juts an unimaginativa pioneer.  Round here we have latin plant names for towns, like Clematis and so on....

Good work everybody!

#15    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

View PostMurrangurk, on 04 December 2010 - 11:51 PM, said:

Ah yeah!!  THAT's what I was looking for!  Thanks Sakari!

I already knew about the Sylvanic etymology, but I hadn't heard him claim it was a native name, juts an unimaginativa pioneer.  Round here we have latin plant names for towns, like Clematis and so on....

Good work everybody!

Anytime Posted Image

I have to say , I do feel for people that believe there is a Bigfoot roaming around , they try to convince people , and explain why , then stories like this come around........

I hope a Mod can chime in on my reply , very interested in that...If Todd Standing is still a columnist for this site , he would have something to say?

And if he is not anymore , why?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users