Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman's €11,721,000,000,000,000 phone bill

Karlis

A French woman received a phone bill for nearly 12 quadrillion euros

Solenne San Jose, a former teaching assistant who lives in France, recently received a phone bill for €11,721,000,000,000,000. Upon receiving the bill, she “almost had a heart attack.” There were so many zeroes I couldn’t even work out how much it was,” she told BBC

Source

I would have crapped my drawers getting a phone like that.

• Like 4

Doesn't surprise me that at first they said there was nothing they could do about it. All these companies are the same. They need brass knuckles and a bat conversing with the CEO.

• Like 5

Who in the hell called Chicago?

I would have crapped my drawers getting a phone like that.

:lol: @ crapped my drawers ...

• Like 1

The company later acknowledged the printing error, admitting that the true amount of the bill should have been €117.21. In the end, they retracted the bill completely.

Ya think? Nice try on their part. I wonder how many people would have cancelled their service if they hadn't retracted her bill and she went public with it?

• Like 1

Ya think? Nice try on their part. I wonder how many people would have cancelled their service if they hadn't retracted her bill and she went public with it?

To add.. I wonder what they would have done IF she had of taken the heart attack from reading it..like she claimed she almost did....?

• Like 1

To add.. I wonder what they would have done IF she had of taken the heart attack from reading it..like she claimed she almost did....?

eeeeewwwwwww! I think there would have been a VERY big lawsuit from her family if that happened. They really should have given her free service for a year or so to lessen the problem.

• Like 2

Probably payed off the family to not go public. :td:

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me that at first they said there was nothing they could do about it. All these companies are the same. They need brass knuckles and a bat conversing with the CEO.

That was the bit that made me gape, them claiming that it was legit - what half baked bottom feeder had the gall to make that statement to the poor lady.

• Like 2

eeeeewwwwwww! I think there would have been a VERY big lawsuit from her family if that happened. They really should have given her free service for a year or so to lessen the problem.

Yeah, and then call Japan for a year, 24/7.

:w00t:

It's the attitude that they 'don't make mistakes' and she had to pay the bill that really annoys me. I've come into contact with this kind attitude recently, seems to be on the rise actually.

• Like 4

The worse part bouyques is the second largest phone company in France where those kind of deals happen all the time, to add insult to injuries the phone company has it's service call offices in Morocco.

• Like 1

That was the bit that made me gape, them claiming that it was legit - what half baked bottom feeder had the gall to make that statement to the poor lady.

Phone companies. Just like energy companies they are crooks with the law on their side. No love for any of them, they'll tray anything, shifty buggers.

• Like 2

It'd be fun to go down to the phone company and make them explain who you could call and how long you'd have to be on the phone for the bill to reach that amount. It wouldn't even be possible, even if you stayed on the phone 24/7.

I'd bring a dead crow in a shoebox and insist they eat it when they couldn't figure it out.

• Like 2

Wonder if I could get a 17-figure paycheck. :passifier:

Actually, one time years ago my company accidentally doubled my paycheck.

I reported it and they corrected it faster than a cockroach being stepped on.

Funny how when companies make a billing mistake that profits them, that they just wag their tail for awhile.

But, if you are overpaid by mistake they jump on it like monkeys.

Verizon Wireless overcharged me once and it took probably a month for me to get it straightened-out.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

It's the attitude that they 'don't make mistakes' and she had to pay the bill that really annoys me. I've come into contact with this kind attitude recently, seems to be on the rise actually.

This 'attitude' is unfortunately unavoidable these day's. The reliance on computers leads employees to believe whatever appears in front of them onscreen without question, this also applies to billing. As frustrating as it is you are spot on about it being on the rise...

I've had to deal with the phone company here before when they have overcharged me. I ended up cussing them out they were giving me such a run around but I did get the charges taken off.

• Like 1

How nice of them to offer her the option of paying it off in instalments.