Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Places where you live?

Crosswings

Haunted Places where you live?

What are the most haunted and well known places in your area?

I would say the most haunted places that I have heard of is the Mudhouse Mansion, Lake Hope Tunnel and The Ridges. There are many places in Ohio that is haunted, but of what I would like to know is what is haunted in your area?

I have another place called the Sherman house, right here in downtown Lancaster.

I love me a good ghost story. My town is full of lore and one of my favourite stories is about 'Boom Hall.' I've frequently been there, it's basically a big 'ol mansion that has a grisly past.

Here's the stories: http://www.derryghosts.com/main.htm

Several of the stories on that site take place very close to me, one of them actually on my street and one at my old street too. (Moss Park, and The Old Woman)

There's a story in there about 'The Devil and the Long tower gamblers) and this girl I had a fling with once told me her grandfather was one of the gamblers.

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

Many people say that Burial Hill in Plymouth (USA MA) is haunted. I've also heard that the historic Spooner house and the Sun Tavern (Duxbury) are known to be haunted as well.

My village, Pluckley in Kent

The spectre of the highwayman Robert Du Bois speared to a tree at Fright Corner (Even though the tree is now gone);

The pub "The Black Horse" is haunted at night when you can hear the screams from inside of the lady of Rose Court.

A phantom coach and horses, allegedly manifesting in the vicinity of Maltman's Hill;

The ghost of a Gypsy woman who burned to death in her sleep;

The black ghost of a miller haunting the ruins of a windmill near "The Pinnocks";

The hanging body of a schoolmaster in Dicky Buss's Lane;

A colonel who hanged himself in Park Wood;

The screaming ghost of a man being smothered by a wall of clay at the brickworks;

The Lady of Rose Court (again), who is said to have eaten poisoned berries in despair over a love triangle;

The Phantom Monk of "Greystones", a house built in 1863. There is a suggestion he may have been the unrequited love object of the Lady of Rose Court;

The White Lady of Dering, a young woman apparently buried inside 7 coffins and an oak sarcophagus who haunts the churchyard of St. Nicholas's Church;

The Red Lady, reputedly an earlier member of the same ancient Dering family who also haunts St Nicholas'. The legend of the Red and White Ladies seem to overlap. A third ghost has apparently also been reported in the same place.

The Ragged Boy and the Seated Lady of Jack's Court;(my house)

The Screaming Woods (Dering Wood), an area of forest outside of town supposedly haunted by the ghosts of many who became lost in the woods. It was given its name because you can supposedly still hear their screams from inside the forest at night.

I've posted this before, so if anybody's bored with it, my apologies!

Edited by ealdwita

A few places where I've worked at has turned up some interesting characters, not just the living but also the undead. In my current job, when there is some downtime, I talk with the officers on duty right by the elevator. One time, the elevator opened by itself, well, that's not amazing in itself, however as we both turned to look, what I saw was a white blur rush into the elevator. The officer at the time told me he saw something like white sleeves going in there. Consequently, we just kept quiet about it, however it turns out no one can quiet remember what was here at the site of our campus beforehand so that is a bit of mystery there...

Well I heard devonport dockyard in plymouth (UK) is quite haunted and most of the tunnel's underneith are apparently haunted aswell.

Edited by Ronseal

Nothing spooky near where I lived, but I've been to Pike Place Market a few times and I've heard that it's supposed to be haunted by an young Native American woman.

Nothing paranormal while I was there. The strangest thing I saw was some guy holding a up a sign that said "NEED $$$ FOR WEED"

The Leeper Mansion and Wilcox road by the RR tracks and then there's a old RR hotel that is suppose to be haunted.

If you are interested in haunted places in your state this place has a lot of listings. They had hauntings listed for my state that I had never heard about.

Hauntings In the United States

There are many places where I live that are reputed to be haunted. Here is a link to three of them.

http://easton.patch.com/articles/5-haunted-spots-in-easton

The awards named in the Theater story are given yearly to students in the greater area who perform in high school musicals. I also live not far from ringing rocks. The whole area includes the city of Bethlehem which also has a rich history.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio, USA here

Nearby to me are the Roseville, Prison.. apparently there is a lady ghost that haunts the grounds and the wardens house.

There is also the Clay House in Somerset that is supposedly haunted by a young girl.

Further away there is the Franklin Castle (cleveland i believe).

The place I work at in Cambridge is also reportedly haunted by the ghosts of WWII soldiers. It used to be an hospital. There were wards upon wards. I cant even imagine some of the pain and suffering that occured there.

There is an entire series of books called haunted ohio. I think it is more geared towards the younger crowd but i still enjoy reading them.

here are pictures of the guard tower and the Roseville prison itself . I broke into it and did some exploring. Found some old encyclopedias from the fifties but no ghosts.

post-129343-0-33819300-1357452354_thumb.

post-129343-0-13011500-1357452369_thumb.

Edited by Overdueleaf

There's a famous cemetery I grew up near called Lottie's Grave. There's a few stories out about it but I singled it down to the fact that she was a healer at the settlement the town I lived in was before it was a town. The townspeople feared her so they either hung her and cut off her head, or just exiled her from the town and she starved to death. That's the only part I haven't figured out. Her grave is in that cemetery and it's supposed to have alot of activity. I plan to take some ghost hunting equipment out there and see what I can find.

... I plan to take some ghost hunting equipment out there and see what I can find.

Just take yourself ... ghost hunting equipment will just distract from the authenticity of any experiences you have.Do you really need equipment to tell you if a ghost/spirit is present?

Merchant House

Fort Hamilton

Fort Totten is seriously haunted

Calvary Cemetery

Then there's a club in Manhattan. It's a bar now.

Years ago,it was a punk club called The Lismar Lounge .

That place was seriously haunted . I wouldn't go downstairs alone,and I had no idea all the people who worked there felt the same way .

Someone told me they eventually brought in a psychic and then an exorcist ,and they tore down a wall,and there was a body walled up in it.

Yah.

Also Jimi Hendrix old apartment on East 9th street . Numerous people who've been there,have had experiences with Jimi .

There's a famous cemetery I grew up near called Lottie's Grave. There's a few stories out about it but I singled it down to the fact that she was a healer at the settlement the town I lived in was before it was a town. The townspeople feared her so they either hung her and cut off her head, or just exiled her from the town and she starved to death. That's the only part I haven't figured out. Her grave is in that cemetery and it's supposed to have alot of activity. I plan to take some ghost hunting equipment out there and see what I can find.

Just take photographs . You will be surprised what shows up on them ;)

We did that once in Salem mass.

Just walked thru an empty cemetery,and took random shots .

The iron island museum is pretty active where i live.

Just going to name a few I've been to. My workplace, but then I think all hospitals have spirits left behind. The funniest thing a spirit would do would light up on the nurses board (it tells you which room buzzes for help) Physio room. The physio room doesn't exist anymore and even when it did it never ever had a nurses call buzzer in there. Crutches were thrown out of the room at times also the death room as we called it right near the nurses station also spooked a few nurses at night.

The local Catholic High school, sneak into the grounds at night and the spirit gets active. It used to house trainee priests and one committed suicide throwing himself off the bell tower, I'd love to get inside the building as we got lots of activity just by being near it and there's been lots of reprts of activity inside as well.

Not close but it's now named the most haunted private property in Australia maybe even further. Monte Crisco at Junee, something I'm hoping to do later this year is do the night stay. Even day time is very active, but nights are meant to be fantastic. The spirits apparently like to follow you back to your rooms and tug the bedding off etc.

Edited by Tia

My village, Pluckley in Kent

The spectre of the highwayman Robert Du Bois speared to a tree at Fright Corner (Even though the tree is now gone);

The pub "The Black Horse" is haunted at night when you can hear the screams from inside of the lady of Rose Court.

A phantom coach and horses, allegedly manifesting in the vicinity of Maltman's Hill;

The ghost of a Gypsy woman who burned to death in her sleep;

The black ghost of a miller haunting the ruins of a windmill near "The Pinnocks";

The hanging body of a schoolmaster in Dicky Buss's Lane;

A colonel who hanged himself in Park Wood;

The screaming ghost of a man being smothered by a wall of clay at the brickworks;

The Lady of Rose Court (again), who is said to have eaten poisoned berries in despair over a love triangle;

The Phantom Monk of "Greystones", a house built in 1863. There is a suggestion he may have been the unrequited love object of the Lady of Rose Court;

The White Lady of Dering, a young woman apparently buried inside 7 coffins and an oak sarcophagus who haunts the churchyard of St. Nicholas's Church;

The Red Lady, reputedly an earlier member of the same ancient Dering family who also haunts St Nicholas'. The legend of the Red and White Ladies seem to overlap. A third ghost has apparently also been reported in the same place.

The Ragged Boy and the Seated Lady of Jack's Court;(my house)

The Screaming Woods (Dering Wood), an area of forest outside of town supposedly haunted by the ghosts of many who became lost in the woods. It was given its name because you can supposedly still hear their screams from inside the forest at night.

I've posted this before, so if anybody's bored with it, my apologies!

You live in Pluckley? Isn't that supposed to be the most haunted village in Britain?

I live on Long Island, NY, a place known for many haunts. The first I mention everyone has heard of, the old

Amityville horror house, Where Ronald Dafoe lost his mind and shot his sleeping family members (6), at 3 am.

Then we have "Mt. Misery/Sweet Hollow road... Many strange stories from headless cops, dead children and Indians.... And my own experience!! I was driving my wife and daughters down the spooky, thin wooded road,...

I shut the car lights and drove real slow, then came to a stop..(.it was pitch black. My family was terrified but they insisted on going!!)...! I reached out the car window and threw my half full soda can over the car and into the side woods on the sneak, and they all nearly wet themselves!!

Hmm my favorite is Winfield Hall, FW Woolworth's old Mansion. I used to be the security supervisor who checked on the guards there. I've spent the night there myself a few times... Not many guards would do the shift at the time. The regular guard was an old short bald guy with a german accent and a bad limp... Nice man,....(looked like he belonged there)....I would always ask him if he heard or seen anything. He never did,....neither did I..... (I can't say that spending the night there myself was not

Scary,....)..I stayed by the main entrance and would not go upstairs....because.... Woolworth's daughter, supposedly hung herself in an upstairs room, because her father disapproved of a relationship with the gardener.... The night she died, lightning is said to have came through the window,creating the crack seen in her wall carving image....

The carvings in the wall are Woolworth,

His wife and daughter all with knight helmets on... His wife's helmet was closed, because Woolworth found her ugly..... (Strange guy that Woolworth!!!)

Very cool to see, the mansion is unbelievable with the revelations painted on the walls.

Then of course on Long Island lives the Ghosts I photographed!! Like the one

I use as my profile pic, who resides in the trees in Nassau County!! Check em out.

Judeaous

Sent from my iPhone

Living in BC, we have quite a few odd places. In Nelson, I lived in two houses that had unexplained things happen. One friend of mine refused to come to my house because she felt that it didn't like her. BUT, the eeriest place I ahve gone to is Sandon http://www.ghosttownpix.com/bc/sandon.html . Maybe it is because of the number of people who died there through disasters, but, I know my daughter said she felt too sad and didn't like to be there.

• Like 1

You live in Pluckley? Isn't that supposed to be the most haunted village in Britain?

Yes, it's supposed to be. I live just outside Pluckley. (Within staggering distance of the pub though!)