Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

CPPCC official keeps wife,4 concubines,6 kids


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

http://www.scmp.com/...=afternoon_news

A Chinese people's party official ,keeps a wife(who he seems to be divorcing) ,four mistresses ,and six kids with one on the way ,all on one property ,in buildings yards apart .

One mistress is pregnant ,and he intends to marry her . Polygamy is not legal in China. So I assume he's divorcing the present wife . It seems like other mistresses may also be former wives.
Each woman has had at least one child with the guy ,but if he's going onto kid #7,I don't see why he's not penalized somehow,given the one child only law there.
I guess political leaders are allowed to break the rules.
I'm wondering if he does this because he wanted a lot of kids,and this is how he circumvents the issue .

Miss me?

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

    Queen of the UM Asylum

  • Member
  • 5,649 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

:w00t: He's got balls, I'll give him that. :w00t:

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 15,819 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 06 February 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

:w00t: He's got balls, I'll give him that. :w00t:
Girl, you ain't right.... :w00t:   Except of course, you are!  This guy gives a new meaning to "forbidden city"  :w00t:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,315 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • I love chocolate

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 February 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

http://www.scmp.com/...=afternoon_news

A Chinese people's party official ,keeps a wife(who he seems to be divorcing) ,four mistresses ,and six kids with one on the way ,all on one property ,in buildings yards apart .

One mistress is pregnant ,and he intends to marry her . Polygamy is not legal in China. So I assume he's divorcing the present wife . It seems like other mistresses may also be former wives.
Each woman has had at least one child with the guy ,but if he's going onto kid #7,I don't see why he's not penalized somehow,given the one child only law there.
I guess political leaders are allowed to break the rules.
I'm wondering if he does this because he wanted a lot of kids,and this is how he circumvents the issue .
Alot of people are ignorant about that one child law.  It's only in effect in some, mainly rural parts, of china and even in those parts if you can pay a fee (fine? penalty? whatever they want to call it) you can have more.


#5    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,050 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 February 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

http://www.scmp.com/...=afternoon_news

A Chinese people's party official ,keeps a wife(who he seems to be divorcing) ,four mistresses ,and six kids with one on the way ,all on one property ,in buildings yards apart .
Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~


#6    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 6,792 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I can't imagine having 4 'concubines' (mistresses, whatever) living that close to my wife... The guy is just asking for trouble...

In 2003 I was sent to The Kingdom of Jordan... I met a Jordanian Major who had 4 wives (it's legal there)... I told him he was the bravest man I had ever met... In the States, 1 wife is more than enough... He laughed at that and said it has it's 'dangerous' moments...


#7    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 February 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Each woman has had at least one child with the guy ,but if he's going onto kid #7,I don't see why he's not penalized somehow,given the one child only law there.

Maybe it's per couple or per marriage? Might be a loop whole.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#8    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 37,123 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

The bloke is just following the example of the Great Helmsman Mao Zedong, he had quite an (unofficial) harem too. But I guess there will be a reprisal for getting caught.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostOverSword, on 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Alot of people are ignorant about that one child law.  It's only in effect in some, mainly rural parts, of china and even in those parts if you can pay a fee (fine? penalty? whatever they want to call it) you can have more.
,its supposed to be observed,even in Hong Hong .It's noted in the article he knows he  broke the law

Miss me?

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 06 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

The bloke is just following the example of the Great Helmsman Mao Zedong, he had quite an (unofficial) harem too. But I guess there will be a reprisal for getting caught.
Have you ever seen the movie,Raise The Red Lantern ? It's the same thing .
I found it fascinating ,that the movie never even showed the husband,save maybe once ,from far away . The movie was about his affect on these women ,and all they did was scheme because of him,but he was truly unimportant to the story ,in the end.

View PostCoffey, on 06 February 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:



Maybe it's per couple or per marriage? Might be a loop whole.
It is one child per couple ,but there are only 5 women,and he's going on his seventh child :lol:

Miss me?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users