Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ed Dames and Remote Viewing

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostReann, on 24 May 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I feel the same about that. I don't think that altering the mind with drugs is really a good thing .Though maybe a well  trained person such as Dame or someone may be able to reach even higher states with some sort of assistance . It would have to be utilized in a controlled environment,  and not to just experiemnt how the mind reacts under the drug.But maybe by means of those experiemnts , they are able to advance  the  effects of remot vewers that were used by the military.. I don't think the military really cares spiritualy about the path of discovering self anfd the power of the mind in the way most of us do, i think they would manipulate it to get what they are trying to get by any means possible.

Dames sounds like he's on drugs. I don't put much stock in him or his predictions. He's just a few steps from becoming Sylvia Brown. I'm not disparaging parapsychology or remote viewing, but the cons and cranks ruin it for the earnest people. Check out Targ and Tart when you get a chance. They're honest, sincere people with open minds. They're respectable scholars with no discernible axes to grind. They may be good sources for further exploration of all kinds of psychic phenomena, and you don't hear a carny barker when you read their material.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#17    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 25 May 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Dames sounds like he's on drugs. I don't put much stock in him or his predictions. He's just a few steps from becoming Sylvia Brown. I'm not disparaging parapsychology or remote viewing, but the cons and cranks ruin it for the earnest people. Check out Targ and Tart when you get a chance. They're honest, sincere people with open minds. They're respectable scholars with no discernible axes to grind. They may be good sources for further exploration of all kinds of psychic phenomena, and you don't hear a carny barker when you read their material.
I know that they all had some falling out in project stargate , I think it was called stargate. I read a book written by one of them , not dames, in the book he mentioned that there were some who were utilizing  drugs .He also said some other things in the  book that  he claims happened which was not all good, pretty dark things.
I never felt that Sylvia Brown was honest , she's a total fraud, a bad person for being so. I don't know if i can say the same for Dames, I may not agree with him  on everything  , but,  I don't compare him exactly to her , I think he's much  more gifted than she is. She just dishonest in general and fake .
I haven't ever even looked into the kill shot . I heard a few people talk about it, saying they didn't aggre with him , that  he was wrong  . I will do that , I'll look them up Targ and Tart. Always good to know of honest people that are legit. Thanks for sharing .

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,468 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 20 May 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

guys im not looking for useless replies please stick to topic

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

makes countless predictions that never come true. Camped in New Mexico desert awaiting ETs to land, landing never happened and Dames was left with no excuses. Claimed Hale-Bopp UFO would bring fungus spores that would destroy planet in 1998 - Ed, we're STILL waiting. Claims to have been enlisted by police to remote view missing Coquille, Oregon teen, said victim was murdered (Gee, nice guess Ed, considering she was missing for two weeks and the police found her shoes along a roadside - anyone can make logical assumptions). Coquille Police Chief says Dames was never enlisted by his department. Anyone willing to exploit a murdered teenage girl to promote themselves is just sick. Dames can remote view Satan but can't give any specific details on a murder suspect? Dames is now promoting that he remote viewed the killer on Jon Benet Ramsey and that he has found countless missing children. One thing is missing: Proof. Is now selling remote viewing kits - the so-called experts had to train in intense sessions, but Ed says you can do it in just 3 minutes for a mere $79.95. Ed, the difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has a limit...you prove that time and time again. Sean David Morton is selling Dames' remote viewing kits - that says it all right there.

LINK

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 27 May 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#20    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

^
How long ago did he say that?

#21    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,861 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostReann, on 26 May 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

I know that they all had some falling out in project stargate , I think it was called stargate. I read a book written by one of them , not dames, in the book he mentioned that there were some who were utilizing  drugs .He also said some other things in the  book that  he claims happened which was not all good, pretty dark things.
I never felt that Sylvia Brown was honest , she's a total fraud, a bad person for being so. I don't know if i can say the same for Dames, I may not agree with him  on everything  , but,  I don't compare him exactly to her , I think he's much  more gifted than she is. She just dishonest in general and fake .
I haven't ever even looked into the kill shot . I heard a few people talk about it, saying they didn't aggre with him , that  he was wrong  . I will do that , I'll look them up Targ and Tart. Always good to know of honest people that are legit. Thanks for sharing .

You're welcome. I don't think that Dames and Brown are in the exact same category, but I do think that they're close. Do a thorough study on Dames. Look at claims made by his supporters. Look at claims made by his detractors. Compare and contrast. Personally, I think that he's a crank, if not a con. Your mileage may vary after you read more about him.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#22    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Why is this thread in the Conspiracies forum and not the Prophecy forum?

Edit: ...after all, it's all about Ed Dame's prophecies, no?

P.S.: My research says that Ed is full of crap.

Edited by Likely Guy, 28 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

#23    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostReann, on 27 May 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

^
How long ago did he say that?

If you are referring to my post, I am not entirely sure, but I think 2009.

LINK- IS ED DAMES EXPLOITING MISSING AND MURDERED CHILDREN FOR SELF PROMOTION?

Joe McMoneagle, a former military remote viewer involved in the program, offered something different regarding Dames and his involvement in the group. In a press release, McMonegle stated, "There were seven commanders of the unit from 1977 to 1995, none of them were named Ed Dames...Dames was a 'monitor/interviewer' of remote viewers, not a remote viewer....Dames was not the 'operations and training officer' for the unit in 1983, as he wasn't then a member of the unit...Dames left the unit with a normal rotation to a new assignment in 1987, and had no further contact."
Dames stated about McMoneagle, "...I think his name was Joe McMoneagle, he was a warrant officer assigned to our early team...he was employed by me against a number of intelligence operations." McMoneagle, however, states that he was one of the original members in the program when it started and that Dames wasn't assigned to the unit until 1985.

In an interview on Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell, McMoneagle was asked about Ed Dames, to which he stated, " The claim was made that, by Ed Dames, that he was the only person who was qualified to train or teach other people to remote view, and that he was the most accurate remote viewer in the project, and the only one who was a responsible viewer. And my comment was that his primary job while he was with the unit was to act as a monitor and interface with the viewer in terms of handling or setting up remote viewings, and that he was not a primary trainer. He may have trained in the sense that he ran practice sessions and that sort of thing...Where I have a problem is where he makes claims then attributes them to himself when they in fact don't have anything to do with him..."

During the Coast To Coast show, Bell asked McMoneagle the following: "In private moments, you gentlemen have, have you not, referred to Ed Dames as "Dr.Doom?" To which McMoneagle answered, "This was a nickname that was given to him in the unit before he came to us. He was called Dr.Doom over there. He's been predicting doom, death and destruction for years and years and years now."

Fair go, we are talking remote viewing, I think that alone is enough to call the men in white coats. That the CIA actually spent taxpayer money on tis saddens and bewilders me.

View PostLikely Guy, on 28 May 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

Why is this thread in the Conspiracies forum and not the Prophecy forum?

I would guess probably because these are the men who stare at Goats?

Can it get any sillier?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#24    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,660 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

Auh ! THe Answer all in a neat little pile of _ _ _ _. Good one psyche101! :tu: justDONTEATUS

This is a Work in Progress!

#25    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 28 May 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

Can it get any sillier?

Yes.

#26    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

I think that some of the members in that circle were really advanced remote viewers , some have profited off it , while others had went on to live a more secluded , quiet , humble , private life, such as Russel.

Dames  did display kindness when I questioned  him on topics such as missing persons ect.

To my surprise he commanded the viewers to stop whatever it was that they were practicing ,such as playful viewing  techniques , and he posted a list of cases that he wanted them to view  and give the results to him when they got them. He stated that he knows it's not something they like to do because of the darkness that they will have to see, feel and all in remote viewing , it's not something everyone can handle,  he expressed to them that he understands what they will be experiencing .

He also mentioned that the media are  tipped off  at times,  and that the general public never realize that sometimes it's viewers who figure out and solve things. He said that happens a lot .

His reason regarding  the case that I asked him  about , in that it was not solved yet, was that, he said it was  because of movement .in which locations are changed  and that was why some cases are hard for them to exactly pin point and solve.

The case I asked him about was the case in Fl. of  Casey  Anthony.  He said it will be solved by a viewer and no one will know that . He said someone will be tipped off. Oddly though , the timing he gave fit to when the remains were discovered.

Edited by Reann, 28 May 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 28 May 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

Yes.

:rofl: :lol: :tu:

#28    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostReann, on 28 May 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

I think that some of the members in that circle were really advanced remote viewers , some have profited off it , while others had went on to live a more secluded , quiet , humble , private life, such as Russel.

I cannot believe in remote viewing. Not sure why people to to be perfectly frank. Anyone keen to remote view downunder and say what is sitting in front of me right now?

Dames  did display kindness when I questioned  him on topics such as missing persons ect.

If I had to face a member of the public after the claims he has made, I'd be pretty meek too I think.

To my surprise he commanded the viewers to stop whatever it was that they were practicing ,such as playful viewing  techniques , and he posted a list of cases that he wanted them to view  and give the results to him when they got them. He stated that he knows it's not something they like to do because of the darkness that they will have to see, feel and all in remote viewing , it's not something everyone can handle,  he expressed to them that he understands what they will be experiencing .

Honestly sounds like hippy mumbo jumbo? Darkness they will see? LOL. I think he is trying to talk the more credulous how to react in a way that makes him look good. To some anyway.

He also mentioned that the media are  tipped off  at times,  and that the general public never realize that sometimes it's viewers who figure out and solve things. He said that happens a lot .

And is there any rational reason to consider this even might be true? The media stuff up claims more than anyone.

His reason regarding  the case that I asked him  about , in that it was not solved yet, was that, he said it was  because of movement .in which locations are changed  and that was why some cases are hard for them to exactly pin point and solve.

?

Movement in which locations are changed? Not following you there. Movement of the body? The Perps? His bowels? What?

The case I asked him about was the case in Fl. of  Casey  Anthony.  He said it will be solved by a viewer and no one will know that . He said someone will be tipped off. Oddly though , the timing he gave fit to when the remains were discovered.

But it has still not been solved? So he has not actually done what he said?

#29    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Psychic Spy

• 1,965 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Oh psyche101 I can see it now.

psyche101:  anyone keen on remote viewing tell me what I am sitting next to.

rv believers:  is doesn't work that way.

psyche101: /face palm

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#30    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostRaptorBites, on 28 May 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Oh psyche101 I can see it now.

psyche101:  anyone keen on remote viewing tell me what I am sitting next to.

rv believers:  is doesn't work that way.

psyche101: /face palm

:lol: :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users