Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Odin's forum

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:18 PM

It appears that Odin's forum will be down for a while yet, it seems that he has changed some part of it that should have never been changed, purely by accident, and now he has lost all of the members and posts that they made.

He is currently talking with the people that wrote the script for it to try and see if they can help him get it back.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,902 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:40 PM

Dam, I'm sorry to hear that, his forum was picking up nicely too until that happened.

Given that the contents of the forum have already been lost, it would probably be easiest to remove the forum software completely and reinstall it from scratch. That way it will save trying to work out what part of the code has the problem, which can often be next to impossible.

Best of luck, and looking forward to seeing it all back up and running again Odin.

original.gif                                                      

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:00 PM

Remind me to never set up a forum...   blink.gif

...and to completely stop splitting these infinitives...  

huh.gif                                                      

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#4    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:05 PM

i have a forum for my art site.  im the only one who has ever posted there.  i have no problems losing my only post  laugh.gif                                                      

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#5    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:32 PM

laugh.gif Ha Ha Ha Ha laugh.gif
That is funny ((DSchwartz)), you poor guy rolleyes.gif
if you want posts ... I can post you if you want  original.gif
Just give me the web site grin2.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#6    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:38 PM

Sorry to hear that Odin.  I know how hard you've worked on it.  sad.gif
          Hopefully,  you'll have the problem fixed soon.  
                Good luck~  original.gif                                                      

#7    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:46 PM

sad.gif  Oh I'm so sorry Odin, I was enjoying being a regular there.
I really hope it's up and running again soon. original.gif                                                      

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:24 AM

That's horrible but the upside is I may now be able to re register and actually post something on the board for him .

Good Luck Odin stick to it you've got a great site .. alien.gif                                                      

#9    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:00 PM

Odin has just told me that he is currently uploading the old settings, and so might have the forum up and running tonight, but he has encountered a new problem, the logging in can not be done, so he has to figure out what went wrong.

He also says that he is sorry that people have had to wait so long for him to do it.                                                      

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#10    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 11 June 2003 - 11:01 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your support! Especially you Althalus  original.gif

The forum is working again (finally) but the color scheme and some other settings are the way they were before. But posting is possible again. I have to update the front page of the main site, but to do that I need Frontpage, with wich I made the whole site. And I am now "buying" that.  tongue.gif

If all goes well it should be luring victims this evening  grin2.gif

Odin

PS,

Again, thank you for the support.                                                      

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users