Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beatles rip off

Belial

Was Sir PaulMccartney the clone/replacement for the real Paul Mccartney?

Paul McCartney never wrote "Maybe I'm Amazed." He never formed the band Wings. He never clashed with Yoko, became a vegetarian, or fathered any of his children. When Queen Elizabeth knighted him in 1997, she was actually knighting someone else. This is because, conspiracy-minded Beatlemaniacs say, Paul McCartney secretly died in 1966. Theorists claim the other Beatles covered up his death — hiring someone who looked like him, sang like him, and had the same jovial personality. But the guilt eventually got to them and they began hiding clues in their music. In the song "Taxman," George Harrison gave his "advice for those who die," meaning Paul. The entire Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album was awash with Paul-is-dead clues: the Beatles had formed a "new" band featuring a fictional member named Billy Shears — supposedly the name of Paul's replacement. The album contained John Lennon's "A Day in the Life," which had the lyrics "He blew his mind out in a car" and the recorded phrase "Paul is dead, miss him, miss him," which becomes evident only when the song is played backward. Lennon also mumbled, "I buried Paul" at the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever" (in interviews, Lennon said the phrase was actually "cranberry sauce" and denied the existence of any backward messages).

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1860871_1860876_1860997,00.html

That imposter is pretty good - l like some of his Wings songs.

But seriously, this conspiracy theory is a lot of hot air. It reads like an old internet chain mail letter.

Like all conspiracy theories, this one is remarkably inane, unprovable, and utterly pointless. I wish you the best in your paranoia-driven, logic-impaired, fringe existence. Have fun.

• Like 2

*sigh*

I hope the OP isn't serious. The "Paul is dead and replaced by an imposter" bit is every bit as credible as all the "Elvis lives and was spotted shopping at Wal-Mart" swill.

• Like 3

I always wondered how they managed to do a song that has 'messages' if played reverse. Kind of pointless as who played records backwards in the first place except fools who wanted to scratch up their albums. I think it is a bunch of bunk and this story is getting stale after all these years.

Netflix had a great movie of this called Paul McCartney is really dead. Or something to that effect. One day I was bored, flipping through the movie list. Nothing really struck me as worth watching, so I thought Id have a good laugh and check it out. By the time I got done with that movie I couldnt help but think that it was possible. Now dont get me wrong, Im not saying the guy is dead, Im just saying the movie was worth watching.

There is one thing here no one can denie. The beatles wanted people to think he was dead. Of this there is no doubt.

I don't know how some people can believe in such horse manure, but given the prevalence of mild to severe forms of mental illness, coupled with access to social media,I guess anything goes.

• Like 1

Reading back all of the comments makes me realise i am sitting in a forum solely to look at the weird and wonderful out there, yeah it's done the rounds, but so as 99% of what is posted here and on any other such forum.

The way people dismiss simply on the basis that they don't find it interesting or what ever and then to berate the OP is beyond me, i have no belief in any of this at all, just posted it to gauge replies within this forum, interesting really.

You all come here out of interest in the subject matter, but then reply to some posts with such a c*** sure reply, like you are all some sort of experts in a field that as no real experts because it is all based on myth/legend or hear say.

Like most human beings, you only really want to read/believe what you want to believe, i have no proof either way - i just picked this subject as it as not been up for a while.

• Like 2

*sigh*

I hope the OP isn't serious. The "Paul is dead and replaced by an imposter" bit is every bit as credible as all the "Elvis lives and was spotted shopping at Wal-Mart" swill.

You mean Elvis WASN'T spotted shopping at a WalMart????

Of course he isn't dead.

It's the most inane and obstreperous conspiracy i've ever heard

• Like 1