Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

[Merged] Proof of Heaven

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#91    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,960 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 13 October 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Lovely article .. I wonder if everybody goes to the same place "over there" and if everybody percieves the things they see in the same way ..

However, I really do believe that our real home is on the other side, and that our lives on earth are just a fieldtrip ..
Huh, if that's the case, I'm having a word or two with my folks when I get back home about signing permission slips willy nilly :w00t:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#92    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi LibstaK,

You had better have a word to your government then, a lot of mystical societies tend to think of Sirius and Alnilam as heaven, and indeed Australia's Federation Day of 1st January 1901 in Sydney was aligned to Sirius and Alnilam!

http://www.abc.net.a...s/fev_inaug.htm

Love the Australian Coin below ha ha:-

http://www.australia...er/200131oz.htm

#93    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,740 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostShabd Mystic, on 18 October 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Here is a one-hour television special on near-death experiences. It answers the discussion held earler about the definition of "death" and says the patients in one study were cardiac failures, all of whom had been "clinically dead."

BBC - The Day I Died
i watched this last night and found it very interesting; especially the woman who was clinically dead and yet could recall some procedures and conversation in the operating room even though she had no brain wave or heart beat.
i would have liked to hear more from her about her experience.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#94    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,527 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostJGirl, on 12 October 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

i think you're missing something because i am the same as i ever was. :)
Ahhhh but there is something softer about you. Come on any changes at all? :)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#95    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,758 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

If  heaven was a proven place, I would bet my left nut that the suicide rate would be extremely high...Hospital visits would go down ( if I were bleeding out at a car accident I would say let me go ) thus our health insurance rates would really drop.

Being a person whom is not sure what to have faith in ( leaning towards Budhism more then anything ) a certain God, I do hope there is something out there.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#96    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,740 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 October 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

Ahhhh but there is something softer about you. Come on any changes at all? :)
old age, that's about it haha

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#97    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

• "Religion is to mysticism what popularization is to science." ~ Henri Bergson

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostSakari, on 21 October 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

If  heaven was a proven place, I would bet my left nut that the suicide rate would be extremely high...Hospital visits would go down ( if I were bleeding out at a car accident I would say let me go ) thus our health insurance rates would really drop.

Being a person whom is not sure what to have faith in ( leaning towards Budhism more then anything ) a certain God, I do hope there is something out there.

There are a couple books out that studied near-death experiences of suicide attempts and the vast majority experience a hellish NDE.

#98    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• "where we're going, we won't need eye's to see." - dr weir, event horizon.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

i find NDE'S about people going to heavan and meeting god or some other supreme all knowing being very hard to believe. but when hear about NDE'S where the person is standing outside of there body looking at themselves, thats a hell of a lot more believable. but i think thats because i dont believe in heaven and hell or god's of any kind. i myself believe in reincarnation.

#99    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

View Postserial slasher, on 21 October 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

i find NDE'S about people going to heavan and meeting god or some other supreme all knowing being very hard to believe. but when hear about NDE'S where the person is standing outside of there body looking at themselves, thats a hell of a lot more believable. but i think thats because i dont believe in heaven and hell or god's of any kind. i myself believe in reincarnation.

I agree about reincarnation as I am 100% convinced of that, but it is hard to believe, next to impossible if you examine it very closely, that our "selves" and therefore our consciousness, lives on past our earthly death without some sort of "higher" source of our existence.

I absolutely do not believe in God as portrayed by Christians and Muslims, as some sort of bearded old "man" but I absolutely believe in a higher power who is indescribable and beyond human comprehension.

#100    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

A Gallup poll found that at least 13 million Americans have had a near-death experience. Of these, the data suggests that 17.7% of these are LTP experiences that are distressing and sometimes frightening.
Dr. Barbara Rommer classified LTP near-death experiences into four types. Here is a definition of the four types:

# 1 Those NDEs that are misinterpreted positive NDEs. # 2
Those NDEs involving the eternal void that can often be very unpleasant. # 3 Those hellish NDEs where the experiencers see visions of hell. # 4 Those NDEs that involve frightening life reviews.

#101    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,527 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostShabd Mystic, on 21 October 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

And this totally negates that idea that NDEs are feel good chemicals at work. If that were the case all NDEs should be positive. Quite obviously a sizable chunk are not.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#102    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostShabd Mystic, on 21 October 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

I agree about reincarnation as I am 100% convinced of that, but it is hard to believe, next to impossible if you examine it very closely, that our "selves" and therefore our consciousness, lives on past our earthly death without some sort of "higher" source of our existence.

I absolutely do not believe in God as portrayed by Christians and Muslims, as some sort of bearded old "man" but I absolutely believe in a higher power who is indescribable and beyond human comprehension.

I have come to some conclusions about the video:

Now, the woman with the brain aneurism...basically you had a corpse on the table...but...she was not dead...her Blood was alive.  I tended to agree with the thought that our brains are 'receivers' of consciousness rather than producers of consciousness. But I have changed my opinion.  Blood is the Receiver of Consciousness.   The blood was alive, experiencing Awareness of what was going on around it...when it was transfused back into the womans body, the brain received that Awareness and produced Thought Process and Imagery of the operating room.

It makes sense that there is only One Consiousness....you can call it God, or whatever...and there is Life...Life receives consciousness like a container receives water.   There is only One Consciousness, but many containers.  The Blood literally is The Life.   That is so heavy, even to me.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#103    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postjoc, on 21 October 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

I have come to some conclusions about the video:

Now, the woman with the brain aneurism...basically you had a corpse on the table...but...she was not dead...her Blood was alive.  I tended to agree with the thought that our brains are 'receivers' of consciousness rather than producers of consciousness. But I have changed my opinion.  Blood is the Receiver of Consciousness.   The blood was alive, experiencing Awareness of what was going on around it...when it was transfused back into the womans body, the brain received that Awareness and produced Thought Process and Imagery of the operating room.

It makes sense that there is only One Consiousness....you can call it God, or whatever...and there is Life...Life receives consciousness like a container receives water.   There is only One Consciousness, but many containers.  The Blood literally is The Life.   That is so heavy, even to me.

Interesting but bizarre as well. That is so full of holes it would take me a long time to type it all out, but I'll just throw one out there: If the blood was pumped into a completely different person, when he awoke would he then be her? Would her "consciousness" take over his body since her blood would be the only blood he now had?

#104    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostShabd Mystic, on 22 October 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Interesting but bizarre as well. That is so full of holes it would take me a long time to type it all out, but I'll just throw one out there: If the blood was pumped into a completely different person, when he awoke would he then be her? Would her "consciousness" take over his body since her blood would be the only blood he now had?
No...because the brain produces thought process.   The question is:  If the blood was pumped into a completely different person would that different person recall the same experience?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#105    Shabd Mystic

Shabd Mystic

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postjoc, on 22 October 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

No...because the brain produces thought process.   The question is:  If the blood was pumped into a completely different person would that different person recall the same experience?

I hate to quote Wikipedia on anything but it was the quickest in this case so here goes:

"Consciousness is the quality or state of being aware of an external object or something within oneself."

"Blood" does not produce consciousness. The ONLY question is whether it is the brain that produces that consciousness, or the brain merely houses that consciousness while we are "in the body" (alive), with the brain directing that consciousness through it's various functions.

This entire thread is arguing that consciousness is separate from the brain and that once the "housing" (the functioning brain) is removed from the equation, then that consciousness leaves the brain and moves on to other, higher realms.

Blood plays no part in consciousness, other than in keeping the brain working.

As for the brain, it is either:

1) "Housing" that consciousness as long as it is working (and that consciousness moves on after it stops working),

or

2) Creating that consciousness and keeping it active only as long as the brain is working.

The only question here is whether that consciousness is always confined to the human brain or is, in fact, only temporarily confined to it as long as the brain is functioning.

Blood isn't related to consciousness in any other way than, if you believe option number 2, it helps keep that brain functioning. Blood is no more important regarding consciouness than the liver or pancreas, etc.

In those cases, as well as with the blood, if you removed them then the brain stops functioning. The only question then is whether or not consciousness then ceases or continues in a different form.

Edited by Shabd Mystic, 22 October 2012 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users