Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SuperNatural Awareness: Ouija Board

Realm of Unknown

Ouija Boards can be seen as fun ways of passing time late into parties. Though not many people don't understand the power a Ouija Board my possess; or rather the spirits the board may unleash.

Now I know this isn't the most detailed video that there is, but let's be honest.. would you have sat through it all and hold your mobile phone for 30+ minutes?..

https://youtu.be/YP9XLdRXTog

• Like 2

I actually just commented on that post a moment ago :w00t:

I do agree that there is a degree of psychological influence, which was stated in the video I posted.. But that's also on TV, so no clue how legit it is. Especially since i've seen blindfolded usage that gave results; and none blindfolded times when nothing at all happens.

So to be honest I'm not sold either or, until there is definitive written evidence with a large control group in order to back up either claim.

Just clicking the link below ;)

When You Blindfold Ouija Believers

Whoah! That's me! Thanks! You have good quality and good sound as always. And an in-depth treatment of a particular topic. interesting, I think this has a lot more content "value". Very nice!

• Like 1

In the first session video shown, the girl with glasses on the left is clearly moving the planchette. The other girls are being honest, not moving thus causing resistance the 'medium' has to push harder against. The determined pushing is clearly evident in her arm and fingers.

• Like 1

Lol yes i know this, i just needed footage to make the video seem more immersive

In the first session video shown, the girl with glasses on the left is clearly moving the planchette. The other girls are being honest, not moving thus causing resistance the 'medium' has to push harder against. The determined pushing is clearly evident in her arm and fingers.

• Like 1

Very interesting.

• Like 1

Lol yes i know this, i just needed footage to make the video seem more immersive

Oh, my bad. I thought you were hawking the board as a magical spirit communication device. Your sentence:

Though not many people don't understand the power a Ouija Board my possess; or rather the spirits the board may unleash.

seemed to be advocating the power of the device.

• Like 1

What a crock!

At one point he infers that you should listen to what horror movies are telling you.

Me and a few buddies used to mess with a ouija board when I was a young teen. I must admit that I was the one directing the pointer. I had them going for weeks. A dead guy named Ed James is who I invented.

We mostly did it in a dirt floor basement. I even rigged a string up to make a jar fall over once. Odd thing is that coincidence played a part too. The wind opened a screen door. The phone rand when we (I) asked Ed to give me a sign.

I'm not sure those guys ever forgave me for messing with them.

• Like 3

There needs to be some draw for views who aren't entirely into this stuff :)

Oh, my bad. I thought you were hawking the board as a magical spirit communication device. Your sentence:

Though not many people don't understand the power a Ouija Board my possess; or rather the spirits the board may unleash.

You do realize this was all just for fun correct? Or is that too hard to notice?.. Also the statement that you'r referring to in the video I spoke 'for it is believed' shortly after; implying the notion that this isn't hard or definite facts based claims. As well as in no am I forcing the belief on anyone, Ouija Boards are sold at kids toy stores. Who honestly is gonna believe some like that truly does all I spoke of?..

What a crock!

At one point he infers that you should listen to what horror movies are telling you.

Me and a few buddies used to mess with a ouija board when I was a young teen. I must admit that I was the one directing the pointer. I had them going for weeks. A dead guy named Ed James is who I invented.

We mostly did it in a dirt floor basement. I even rigged a string up to make a jar fall over once. Odd thing is that coincidence played a part too. The wind opened a screen door. The phone rand when we (I) asked Ed to give me a sign.

I'm not sure those guys ever forgave me for messing with them.

Psst, I also went back through my script.. I never mentioned 'powers' I used the word 'properties' and 'history', the sentence you quoted isn't even in the script...

Not a sentence in your "script", a sentence in your OP.

See it now?

The sentence I quoted in my post was in your OP, that is what I was talking about.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH Lol, xD

Dude i was reading through my script and rewatching my video like 5 times trying to find that, haha.

No only reason i wrote that here was again, just to draw attention. If I made it boring or not interestingthan people would never watch.

Not a sentence in your "script", a sentence in your OP.

See it now?

The sentence I quoted in my post was in your OP, that is what I was talking about.

It's some cardboard and cheap plastic. It's not going to do much of anything in the real world. The "power" of Ouija Boards derives mostly from a mixture of Hollywood and fundamentalists who preach its "dangers."

These are my thoughts, anyway. Yet I think most can agree Ouija Boards are pretty damn entertaining. A darkened room, perhaps a few candles, a few nervous and suggestible people, and the power of suggestion can make for a fun gathering. I'm all for it.

My mom, God rest her soul, was a devout Roman Catholic and raised me according to that religion's tenets—and yet we had a Ouija Board when I was a kid. She saw no harm in it.

I'm not dismissing the possibility of ghosts and spirits, and in fact my extended family has had some very interesting history with hauntings. But I don't think a spirit that wishes to communicate with us is going to require some cardboard and cheap plastic.

• Like 2

You do realize this was all just for fun correct? Or is that too hard to notice?.. Also the statement that you'r referring to in the video I spoke 'for it is believed' shortly after; implying the notion that this isn't hard or definite facts based claims. As well as in no am I forcing the belief on anyone, Ouija Boards are sold at kids toy stores. Who honestly is gonna believe some like that truly does all I spoke of?..

I didn't see anything in your opening post or in the video that showed me that they were poking fun at Ouija boards. It all sounded the same as the quacks who believe in a hollow earth.

Perhaps you should be more clear that you are not trying to be serious.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see anything in your opening post or in the video that showed me that they were poking fun at Ouija boards. It all sounded the same as the quacks who believe in a hollow earth.

Perhaps you should be more clear that you are not trying to be serious.

Its for YouTube. and a forum site. If you don't /act/ serious or try to be entertaining to an audience, than you will never be taken seriously and no one will ever read or watch to learn about what you are saying.

Which is a pretty basic concept.