Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Media Muzzled About Gun Crime Decline

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Bloomberg and everyone ranting about needing more gun control have pretty much shut their mouths since the U.S. Justice Department published their findings showing gun crime has drastically reduced from 1993-2011.  As for Obama...

The president has not celebrated the good news. Quite the opposite. After learning that Americans are safer now than ever from criminals with guns, Mr. Obama launched a campaign for more gun laws.

I can't wait until *snip* Obama is out of office.  Really, this country will be 100x times better off.

Edit to add link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/9/miller-bloomberg-obama-and-liberal-media-muzzled-a/

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 10 May 2013 - 11:47 PM.
2c. Plagiarism and copyright: If you quote text from an external web site then please always provide a source link.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,808 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 10 May 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

I can't wait until crap bag Obama is out of office.  Really, this country will be 100x times better off.
I seem to recall people saying the same about Bush...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 10 May 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

ppl say that about every president, but once in a while they are right.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 10 May 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Maybe because bush and obma do the same things?

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

I have no real dog in this argument, but I just lo-o-ove the American approach...

First, it was only after he heard about the drop, that Obama launched the campaign?  Yeah, that's a good interpretation, no spin there at all.

And as long as the % of gun killings goes down over a period, that means that gun killing sprees, and all the gun murders and maimings that still do occur are ok?

(I just used the same (lame) interpretation method as was used on Obama...)

Anyway, to take this to the logical conclusion, I think personal ownership of nuclear weapons is OK too.  Agreed?
No - you want to draw the line somewhere?  Ridiculous - Freedom is the only issue.
You want to discuss where or how better to draw that line?  No - Freedom is the only issue.

And let's not compare the US gun/murder rate with other countries..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#6    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostChrlzs, on 10 May 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

you right let's not.
lets compare numbers of lives saved, houses not broken into, robberies\rapes that didn't happen,,,,etc due to help of guns.

we are far ahead of other countries.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for adding the link Nine Moons.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 10 May 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Bloomberg and everyone ranting about needing more gun control have pretty much shut their mouths since the U.S. Justice Department published their findings showing gun crime has drastically reduced from 1993-2011.  As for Obama...

I can't wait until *snip* Obama is out of office.  Really, this country will be 100x times better off.

Edit to add link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/9/miller-bloomberg-obama-and-liberal-media-muzzled-a/

He's running this country into the toilet....

I have no real dog in this argument, but I just lo-o-ove the American approach...

First, it was only after he heard about the drop, that Obama launched the campaign?  Yeah, that's a good interpretation, no spin there at all.

And as long as the % of gun killings goes down over a period, that means that gun killing sprees, and all the gun murders and maimings that still do occur are ok?

(I just used the same (lame) interpretation method as was used on Obama...)

Anyway, to take this to the logical conclusion, I think personal ownership of nuclear weapons is OK too.  Agreed?
No - you want to draw the line somewhere?  Ridiculous - Freedom is the only issue.
You want to discuss where or how better to draw that line?  No - Freedom is the only issue.

I just *love* (sarcasm) how people in other countries tell us, or lecture us on our gun laws. Really, do I lecture you on your gun laws? Or any of your laws for that matter.
You don't live in America, so where do YOU get the right to tell us what we can have or not have? Just because YOU don't have guns, doesn't mean we can't have them. I'm sorry if you don't understand that mentality, but maybe if you were robbed or raped, you'd understand the importance of arming and protecting yourself.
Just because I don't wanna be a victim, or don't want my family to be victims either, doesn't mean I have a mental issues either. There will always be crime. And there isn't much you can do about it, that's just the ugly side of human nature. The only thing you can do, is have a way to protect yourself and your family.

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

When Bush was in office I couldn't wait for him to be out now I find myself saying the same thing about Obama.  I have a feeling unless we are really lucky we will be saying the same thing about the next one.  Seems like the gene pool is getting worse.

#10    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostKowalski, on 11 May 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

I just *love* (sarcasm) how people in other countries tell us, or lecture us on our gun laws. Really, do I lecture you on your gun laws? Or any of your laws for that matter.
You don't live in America, so where do YOU get the right to tell us what we can have or not have? Just because YOU don't have guns, doesn't mean we can't have them. I'm sorry if you don't understand that mentality, but maybe if you were robbed or raped, you'd understand the importance of arming and protecting yourself.
Just because I don't wanna be a victim, or don't want my family to be victims either, doesn't mean I have a mental issues either. There will always be crime. And there isn't much you can do about it, that's just the ugly side of human nature. The only thing you can do, is have a way to protect yourself and your family.

Best. Post. Ever.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostHilander, on 11 May 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

When Bush was in office I couldn't wait for him to be out now I find myself saying the same thing about Obama.  I have a feeling unless we are really lucky we will be saying the same thing about the next one.  Seems like the gene pool is getting worse.

I know. It's like this is the BEST you guys can come up with for a presidential nominee? Like my Grandpa used to say, "You can take a jack*** out of the field and dress him up, but in the end, he is still a jack****."

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 May 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Best. Post. Ever.

Thanks.

#12    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Oh yeah, the President shouldn't learn the facts about the country he's "running" (into the ground) before launching ridiculous campaigns.

Besides, where in the hell did you get the impression we think he is just now launching his campaign?

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 11 May 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#13    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostKowalski, on 11 May 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

I just *love* (sarcasm) how people in other countries tell us, or lecture us on our gun laws.
You call that a 'lecture'?  I regard simplistic one-line, ill-thought out solutions (like the ones I sarcastically proposed, as well as the 'opposing' side) as rather idle and worthless waffle.

This isn't a simple problem.
It isn't something where you can easily compare countries or cultures or roll out statistics without a full analysis.
It isn't something that will be solved by black and white simplifications of what should or shouldn't be available freely to whomever.

Maybe that whooshed over your heads...?  If you think it is simple, please answer the obvious question - should all types of weaponry be available to anyone?  Yes or No?

If No (which is my opinion), where should one draw the line - do you think weapon owners should perhaps be of a minimum age? background checks?  what types of weapons - nukes, wmd's, bazookas, AA missiles, chemical weapons, machine guns...?

My point simply is that this is a complex problem.

Really, do I lecture you on your gun laws?
You are perfectly free to do so, and if you were an expert on the topic, I'd gladly listen if you did.
Do you think people should simply butt out and be restricted from commenting?  I thought you guys were promoting freedoms?  Or is it only freedoms that you like, perhaps?

maybe if you were robbed or raped, you'd understand the importance..
Maybe if your child was killed in a school shooting spree... yes, the emotive card works both ways..

And as for the rather strange comment:

where in the hell did you get the impression we think he is just now launching his campaign?
Well, in the OP you 'quoted' (but didn't cite..) this:

After learning that Americans are safer now than ever from criminals with guns, Mr. Obama launched a campaign for more gun laws.

Seems pretty clear to me...

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#14    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

If anyone is interested in other comments regarding the Justice Dept. statistics from 1993-2011, they can be found on this other thread:

Anti-Gun Narrative Destroyed by Justice Dept

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 12 May 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#15    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 11 May 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Maybe that whooshed over your heads...?  If you think it is simple, please answer the obvious question - should all types of weaponry be available to anyone?  Yes or No?

If No (which is my opinion), where should one draw the line - do you think weapon owners should perhaps be of a minimum age? background checks?  what types of weapons - nukes, wmd's, bazookas, AA missiles, chemical weapons, machine guns...?

You're a little late to the game with that argument. Who's arguing for freedom to own all types of weaponry or wmd's which is almost everything you list. That's derailing from the subject. For the most part, if it's an explosive that isn't a firecracker it should be illegal but again, you're inventing an argument that no one is having.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users