Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dog Cares for Trapped Kitten

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,204 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

http://shine.yahoo.c...-194200492.html

A South Carolina resident called police on Monday to report she'd heard a dog barking since Saturday. When animal control officer Michelle Smith followed the noise down a steep embankment to a ravine, she found a 5-year-old dog - who was nursing a tiny kitten. "I'm thinking that it just couldn't get back up with the kitten, and I don't think it was willing to leave the kitten," Smith said.

http://www.foxcaroli...tten?hpt=us_bn8

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
Jewish gematria # 629:
The holy bible
Demonic inspiration

#2    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

Well, one part of me wants to point out the power of oxytocin, so no big deal really. The other part of me wants to use this as another example of altruistic behaviour exhibited by non-human animals.

We humans are not different in kind, only by degrees.

May all sentient beings be free from suffering.

ahimsa paramo dharma

#3    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,537 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

To bad humans are not like this...Would be a better world.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,893 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

I know this well my dog would protect my two cats with her life and the cats adore her - unfortunately, they hate each other,  sometimes swatting each other with their paws and getting into hissing and growling competitions - the dog routinely breaks them up and sends them into their respective corners for time out.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,401 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Anyone else notice that the dog and kitty kind of look alike (coloring that is). It's a heartwarming thing to see one species adopt another.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,888 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

:)

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Aww... :wub:

Posted Image

#8    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,553 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

To bad humans are not like this...Would be a better world.

Some dogs bite and kill things. Some people do too. Do you really believer there are zero kind people in the world that would, for example, try to rescue a baby who was trapped somewhere?

I would amend your statement to say too bad MORE humans aren't like this. But to imply none are is just blindly negative in a huge way.

Embrace the impossible.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,888 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

everybody now ... in the key of C#m7

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#10    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,537 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostPurplos, on 18 May 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Some dogs bite and kill things. Some people do too. Do you really believer there are zero kind people in the world that would, for example, try to rescue a baby who was trapped somewhere?

I would amend your statement to say too bad MORE humans aren't like this. But to imply none are is just blindly negative in a huge way.

Oh trust me, I can go on, but this is not the topic.......

How many wars have dogs caused?....How many toxins do Dogs put in the earth?

Either way, I can show a thousand things like above.....I no I can not find much that is negative for dogs...

Dogs that bite and kill things do it to eat, protection, rabid, or were neglected and hurt by a person.

My statement stands, and I will go to my grave saying it....." To bad people do not have the unconditional love, caring, sharing, and heart that dogs do ".....

I would prefer to say Wolves, but they are the same.

Edited by Sakari, 19 May 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#11    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Sakari, you are so right!! You know the story of my Gypsy, he was a very special little guy.

My dog Gypsy took care of a kitten that had a broken shoulder like he was her mother or father I guess, he couldn't nurse her but he sure did everything else and helped get that little kitten back to health. I've since lost both of them and I miss them terribly. They had a bond that couldn't be broken. When I took one to the vet, I had to take the other or they would panic. Always together, forever. People could learn a lot from animals, they could be be more... um... human.

#12    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,537 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostLeah G., on 19 May 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Sakari, you are so right!! You know the story of my Gypsy, he was a very special little guy.

My dog Gypsy took care of a kitten that had a broken shoulder like he was her mother or father I guess, he couldn't nurse her but he sure did everything else and helped get that little kitten back to health. I've since lost both of them and I miss them terribly. They had a bond that couldn't be broken. When I took one to the vet, I had to take the other or they would panic. Always together, forever. People could learn a lot from animals, they could be be more... um... human.

I do know your story.

Some people get that gift of love, and get it....Some people do not.

Maybe we are the ones that have souls and do not even know it :)

( the ones who have had that gift of unconditional love, and cherish it )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#13    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

I hope the dogs owner takes the kitten in as well.

I'm the sort of guy who likes animals better than a lot of humans, but I bet if animals were smart enough they would make the same mistakes humans have.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,537 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostDKO, on 19 May 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

I'm the sort of guy who likes animals better than a lot of humans, but I bet if animals were smart enough they would make the same mistakes humans have.

They are smarter :)

That is why they do not make the same mistakes....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#15    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostDKO, on 19 May 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Hahahhaa, who feeds who??? And you think they aren't smarter... silly person... We are their shepherds, they are our teachers of unconditional love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users