Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man-eating leopard 'targeting drunks'

Still Waters

A man-eating leopard has terrorised Himalayan villagers who fear it is targeting inebriated men as they stumble home from long drinking sessions.

The leopard is believed to have killed 12 people since January 2012 when it attacked a 46-year-old man in Simar Village. It is believed to have killed twice this year, the latest a 44-year-old man from Badeth village.

http://www.telegraph...-Himalayas.html

• Like 1

Predators instinctively pick out the weak/ill from their prey. Stumbling along drunk is simply a 'green light' that you'll be an easy meal.

• Like 9

Tranq it and ship it to my Town...Thanks

• Like 3

So, you are aware that a large cat has been feasting on drunks, yet you elect to put your life in peril. So, you are aware of the consequences of drinking and driving, yet you elect to put your life in peril. Same mindset, different setting ... expediting natural selection.

• Like 4

QUOTE-

"I don't think the leopard is targeting drunk people, just people stumbling along the path at night. I'm sure you won't taste any better because you've consumed liquor."

guess this woman's never heard of 'coq au vin' then....?

• Like 4

For example, beer contains enzymes that help break down tough fibers in meat, making it more tender and flavorful at the same time! Smart kitty! :D

• Like 4

My god if they know that this Panther, Leopard or what ever it is you want to call is killing the locals that have had one to many why would you continue to go out and get sloshed. Its waiting for you and if you drink then this beast will come for you...Grow a brain already or quit drinking altogether....

Good tweak...but is a leopard the same thing as a panther? Oh, who cares, it makes the rhyme better!

I recall an episode of QI saying there is no such thing as a panther.

I can't remember the details exactly; but a panther might be a leopard; but a leopard isn't necessarily a panther.

• Like 1

This is why I only drink alone, at home, locked in, with my many anti-predator weapon systems in place.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 4

Please Mr Panther come hunt the drunkards by me. You can't be on the roads after dark it's a war zone with the boozing. Please eat these tasty drunks Mr Panther sir

Well, if one is going to get drunk and stumble around in the Himalayas they'd better be packing some fire power.

I wonder if it'd safer to drive...

• Like 1

I wonder if it'd safer to drive...

I have a feeling we're talking about walking on those mountain trails where one can't drive (even if one has a car).

• Like 2

Peter Leopard picked a peck of pickled people...say it fast 12 times!

It was a gold-eyed, long-tailed

Spotted, pickled people-eater.

• Like 5

These cats almost always attack their prey from behind. A few strategic spikes placed on your back can stop these cats in the act. Local hunter's use a square frame with six inch spikes to wear on their backs.

Edited by maximusnow
  • Like 1