Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What can affect spirits?

mooncresentgirl

Various traditions use herbs to smudge/cleanse their environment of negative energy, which would include spirits. You can google "smudging" or Native American ceremonial practices.

• Like 1

I know spirits can affect medication.

• Like 1

I know spirits can affect medication.

Liquor, the fine spirits. :tu:
  • Like 2

You might try putting gargoyles around your house. Gnomes have been known to be useful too. In China and Vietnam many use statues of Quan Yin -- at least she is prettier than the others. The Taoists of course use dancing dragons and fireworks to scare them off.

However, why do that at all? They probably do you no harm and have every right to be where they want to be.

In what way do you mean by affecting them?

Can anyone tell what things can affects spirits?

Your intention... And personal power. The spirit world is a place like you Have never encountered. You must deal with all spirits.,, even the ones in monky bodies on your own terms. ;)

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Technically everything can affect spirits because we're all spirits, we all have a soul and spirit inside us so.... everything can affect them... But if your having spirit troubles the best thing to do is pray, go to God about it, and find a spiritual authority such as a Priest to help you get rid of them.

• Like 2

Also ceremony & gestures which are tied to intention and bound in belief I think can have an effect.. Such as placing wind-chimes in the trees about your house.. If the intention is to annoy the neighbours then that will happen. But if the intention/belief is that the chimes will annoy spirits then that will happen.

• Like 1

I have a Wadjet eye (Eye of Horus) protecting every window and door. I also avoid affecting spirits by the terrible practise of mixing water or soft drinks with them, barbaric! :)

I have a Wadjet eye (Eye of Horus) protecting every window and door. I also avoid affecting spirits by the terrible practise of mixing water or soft drinks with them, barbaric! :)

Only as a chaser right? ha ha! Speaking of chasers of spirits, a cheap low alcohol wine is the best chaser!

• Like 1

My upbringing involved blessing a home by rubbing olive oil in the shape of a cross above and inside each doorway and this would also presumably keep away evil spirits.

There is also the use of incense which can attract spirits, usually thought of as good spirits to whichever culture practices the use of incense in this manner. Some believe incense can amplify prayers. Then there are the lighting of candles for a specific purpose.

Now days you can buy aerosol sprays for the same purpose.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

Blow the sucker away with some rock salt if he/she is an evil spirit ;)

Can't guarantee it will work though, I saw it on Supernatural :D

But there are people saying that salt is really like a "weapon" against spirits, don't know if it's really true though...

Yes, pouring salt and burning sage, is exactly what my sister did earlier this year.

• Like 1

Yes, pouring salt and burning sage, is exactly what my sister did earlier this year.

Thanks, it's good to know that someone can confirm that salt is indeed good against spirits, I could always come out handy to have some salt when you're standing in a haunted house.

Rats; you beat me to it. lol. Actually tee total, but this was the first thought that crossed my mind when i saw the thread title, being of Scottish descent.

• Like 1

Thanks, it's good to know that someone can confirm that salt is indeed good against spirits, I could always come out handy to have some salt when you're standing in a haunted house.

Well she used it to diminish negative energy in the household.

There is also supicions of traditional witchcraft being used against them which was causing the negative energy.

Not exactly haunted houses here.

Too much ice.

• Like 1

Forgot to ask, why are you asking us this anyways?

Did you mean external or internal spirits?

Rituals are a good way, if the culture accepts them, of influencing children on proper behavior. They usually involve invoking spirits of one sort or another, and have a marvelous effect on kids.

It great with a Teguila.