Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

[Merged] Did we land on the moon?

nasa apollo hoax

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2593 replies to this topic

#1621    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,886 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostObviousman, on 27 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would advise against trying to enagage Turbs in a rational debate. They have shown themselves to be intellectually dishonest in this area, dismissing or refusing to acknowledge clear evidence presented to them when asked for, as well as demonstrating a number of logical fallacies (argument from ignorance, argument from silence, shifting the burden of proof, equivocation, kettle logic, etc).

I, for one, don't waste my time on them anymore.
It does get old the same old #$% from TURD`s but ITs like this without people that dont know anything thats factual we would not have so much fun reading there dribble ! Cheer`s Obviousman !

This is a Work in Progress!

#1622    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,031 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 27 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

It does get old the same old #$% from TURD`s but ITs like this without people that dont know anything thats factual we would not have so much fun reading there dribble ! Cheer`s Obviousman !

It is silly for those to claim the Apollo moon missions were hoaxed when overwhelming evidence proved otherwise, not to mention there are countries that have confirmed the reality of the Apollo missions and some have photographed the Apollo landing sites.

To sum it up, the moon hoax folks are accustom to pulling things out of thin air and make up stories, and to prove my case, they are unable to provide evidence to back up their false claims. In addition, it was not likely the United States would have spent billions of dollars to hoax Apollo moon missions when such missions could have easily been revealed, and in light of the fact  the United States was engaged in the Vietnam war and spending billions on that war and experiencing high inflation. The government would have simply said that we couldn't do it and leave it at that instead of spending billions of dollars on a hoax, but as it is, facts and evidence have proved the reality of the Apollo moon missions.

The Apollo moon hoax folks don't think of little things like that. I can remember the dream of man setting foot on Mars by the end of the 20th century, but NASA didn't hoax missions to Mars by the end of that century.

Edited by skyeagle409, 01 February 2013 - 04:27 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#1623    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

View Postpostbaguk, on 26 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I've shown you how you can prove something to yourself. You've made it perfectly clear over the years that you don't agree with anything I have to say on Apollo, so why would you believe me now? You wouldn't.  

This isn't about belief, it's about proof. It's your burden to prove. You can't make excuses for that.

You asked for another example, you were shown it. Now you want many other examples, even though you refuse to believe the data that's been spoonfed to you?

You've spoonfed mush, that's about it so far.

I'd like to see just one example that actually holds up without excuses,

Simple scientific principles, and the available data, prove that sunlight can indeed reflect off a bright white spacesuit (fancy that!), and reflect off another surface several feet away. What you choose to believe is entirely your own prerogative, but facts are facts. Groves analysis is flawed because he didn't even address the possibility of the side of Armstrong's suit closest to the light-source being responsible for the highlight in Aldrin's boot, despite all the effort he put in to accurately determining where the light-source was. There is ample evidence to support the fact that spacesuits do reflect enough light to illuminate another surface at a distance of several feet.

So now there's "ample evidence"?  

Wow.

#1624    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 01 February 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

To sum it up, the moon hoax folks are accustom to pulling things out of thin air and make up stories, .

Who could make up stories any better than Apollo astronauts?

Michael Collins couldn't recall seeing any stars from the lunar surface, He obviously made up another version of the story. In that version, he lands on the moon.

Such mistakes can happen with a made up story -  one can actually forget the basic script!!

#1625    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,107 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

"The cheese stands alone,
The cheese stands alone,
Hi-ho, the derry-o,
The cheese stands alone."

I've read this thread from beginning to end since I joined.

Turbonium, let me get this right... everyone else in this forum and almost everyone else in the world is wrong, but you alone are right? For God's sake, even the USSR acknowledged the landings and they had the most to win by discrediting it!

And here we are now, over 1600 replies later with people providing the evidence, page after page, that it did happen and you sit there and still demand more evidence.

You said, "It's your burden to prove." It's like a flat earther demanding proof that the world is round. It isn't going to happen because the flat earther simply can't wrap their head around the concept.

Perhaps it's time to give this one a rest. :)

#1626    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,031 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostObviousman, on 27 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would advise against trying to enagage Turbs in a rational debate. They have shown themselves to be intellectually dishonest in this area, dismissing or refusing to acknowledge clear evidence presented to them when asked for, as well as demonstrating a number of logical fallacies (argument from ignorance, argument from silence, shifting the burden of proof, equivocation, kettle logic, etc).

I, for one, don't waste my time on them anymore.

Yes indeed!  The moon hoax folks are not interested in facts and evidence regarding the reality of the Apollo moon missions. They disregard real evidence and substitute a boat of fantasy, which sunk decades ago and that explains why the moon hoax folks are in the same class as those who've claimed the earth is flat; the evidence is there for all to see, but they are too blind to see reality for what it is.

This is reality!

Apollo 11

The Bochum Observatory director (Professor Heinz Kaminski) was able to provide confirmation of events and data independent of both the Russian and U.S. space agencies.
  • A compilation of sightings appeared in "Observations of Apollo 11" in Sky and Telescope magazine, November 1969, pp. 358–359.
  • The Madrid Apollo Station, part of the Deep Space Network, built in Fresnedillas, near Madrid, Spain tracked Apollo 11.
  • Goldstone Tracking Station in California tracked Apollo 11.
  • At Jodrell Bank Observatory in the UK, the telescope was used to observe the mission, as it was used years previously for Sputnik. At the same time, Jodrell Bank scientists were tracking the unmanned Soviet spacecraft Luna 15, which was trying to land on the Moon. In July 2009, Jodrell released some recordings they made.
  • Larry Baysinger, a technician for WHAS radio in Louisville, Kentucky, independently detected and recorded transmissions between Apollo 11 astronauts on the lunar surface and in the command module. Recordings made by Baysinger share certain characteristics with recordings made at Bochum Observatory by Heinz Kaminski (see above), in that both Kaminski's and Baysinger's recordings do not include the capsule communicator in Houston and the associated Quindar tonesheard in NASA audio and seen on NASA Apollo 11 transcripts. Kaminski and Baysinger could only hear the transmissions from the Moon, and not transmissions to the Moon from the earth.

Edited by skyeagle409, 01 February 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#1627    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,031 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 01 February 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

"The cheese stands alone,
The cheese stands alone,
Hi-ho, the derry-o,
The cheese stands alone."

Turbonium, let me get this right... everyone else in this forum and almost everyone else in the world is wrong, but you alone are right? For God's sake, even the USSR acknowledged the landings and they had the most to win by discrediting it!

And here we are now, over 1600 replies later with people providing the evidence, page after page, that it did happen and you sit there and still demand more evidence.

You said, "It's your burden to prove." It's like a flat earther demanding proof that the world is round. It isn't going to happen because the flat earther simply can't wrap their head around the concept.

Perhaps it's time to give this one a rest. :)

Evidence has been placed before him many, many times and yet, he continued to dismiss the evidence that was handed to him on a silver platter. For an example, he claimed that an astronaut in a pressurized spacesuit cannot bend his knees and yet,photos were shown which debunked his claim and yet he continued to spew his false claim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just goes to show that you cannot take him seriously.

Edited by skyeagle409, 01 February 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#1628    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 2,911 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

View Postturbonium, on 01 February 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Who could make up stories any better than Apollo astronauts?

Michael Collins couldn't recall seeing any stars from the lunar surface, He obviously made up another version of the story. In that version, he lands on the moon.

Such mistakes can happen with a made up story -  one can actually forget the basic script!!
now it is apparent that YOU are making up stories.  Collins was answering a question about whether they could see stars in the solar corona specifically referring to an experiment done NOT on the surface.  What is worse is I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out to you before.

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#1629    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,137 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postfrenat, on 02 February 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

now it is apparent that YOU are making up stories JUST LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT DOING IN THE PAST.  Collins was answering a question about whether they could see stars in the solar corona specifically referring to an experiment done NOT on the surface.  What is worse is I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out to you before.

Fixed that for you, Frenat... ;)

Cz

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien
"Enquiring and doubting the "official story" are also good things .... However when these doubts require you to ignore the evidence, to dishonestly cherry pick evidence and claim it supports your case when it doesn't, when you operate a double standard; demanding proof of that which is already proven whilst making unsupported statements and personal opinions to back your own case and when you deny the truth simply because it IS the official story then you are no longer acting in a rational way. This is not the behaviour of a "different thinker", this is the behaviour of a "believer" who chooses not to rationally think about the evidence at all." - Waspie Dwarf

#1630    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

You claim...Almost the entire world believes in the moon landings.

I'm not sure what you consider to be "almost", as a percentage. Let's say you put it in the 90-99% range, for argument's sake.

Look at some actual figures, now  ....

James Oberg of ABC News said that the conspiracy theory is taught in Cuban schools and wherever Cuban teachers are sent.[10][11] A poll conducted in the 1970s by the United States Information Agency in several countries in Latin America, Asia, and Africa found that most respondents were unaware of the Moon landings, many of the others dismissed them as propaganda or science fiction, and many thought that it had been the Russians that landed on the Moon.[12]
A 1999 Gallup poll found that 6% of the Americans surveyed doubted that the Moon landings happened and that 5% of those surveyed had no opinion,[13][14][15][16] which roughly matches the findings of a similar 1995 Time/CNN poll.[13] Officials of Fox television said that such skepticism rose to about 20% after the February 2001 airing of Fox network's TV show Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon? seen by about 15 million viewers.[14] This 2001 Fox special is seen as having promoted the hoax claims

A 2000 poll held by the Russian Public Opinion Fund found that 28% of those surveyed did not believe that American astronauts landed on the Moon, and this percentage is roughly equal in all social-demographic groups.[19] In 2009, a poll held by the United Kingdom's Engineering & Technology magazine found that 25% of those surveyed did not believe that men landed on the Moon.[20] Another poll gives that 25% of 18–25-year-olds surveyed were unsure that the landings happened

http://en.wikipedia....piracy_theories

It's a hoax according to... .  ... .. ...

5-20% of Americans, (various sources)  

28% of Russians

25% of people in the UK

Many people in Latin America, Asia, and Africa

That's "almost" one-fourth of the world!!

As for the forum being all pro-Apollo, that's false. There have been others who share in my view. Not many, but certainly more than one.

Flat earthers and Apollo-ites are much alike. Both are astounding claims, and both lack any proof to back their claims. The only difference is Apollo had enough money to fool people into believing it's genuine.

#1631    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,031 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

now it is apparent that YOU are making up stories.  Collins was answering a question about whether they could see stars in the solar corona specifically referring to an experiment done NOT on the surface.  What is worse is I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out to you before.

Isn't it amazing that the majority of the world's population do not believe in a moon hoax?

Refuting the Most Popular Apollo Moon Landing Hoax Theories

How Many Truly Believe the Moon Landing Was a Hoax?

For the majority of people in the U.S., there's no doubt that the moon landing happened. Just six percent of Americans think the government staged the Apollo moon landings according to a 1999 Gallup poll, the most recent data available. A similar poll by Time/CNN, conducted in 1995, also revealed that six percent believe the moon landings were faked.

http://abcnews.go.co...tory?id=8104410

"Will the LRO's incredibly high-resolution images of the lunar surface, including, eventually, the Apollo landing sites, finally quell the lunacy of the Moon Hoax believers? Obviously it won't," writes astronomer Phil Plait in his blog on Discover magazine's Web site. "These true believers don't live in an evidence-based world."

Edited by skyeagle409, 02 February 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#1632    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,107 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

View Postturbonium, on 02 February 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

You claim...Almost the entire world believes in the moon landings.

I'm not sure what you consider to be "almost", as a percentage. Let's say you put it in the 90-99% range, for argument's sake.

Look at some actual figures, now  ....    

James Oberg of ABC News said that the conspiracy theory is taught in Cuban schools and wherever Cuban teachers are sent.[10][11] A poll conducted in the 1970s by the United States Information Agency in several countries in Latin America, Asia, and Africa found that most respondents were unaware of the Moon landings, many of the others dismissed them as propaganda or science fiction, and many thought that it had been the Russians that landed on the Moon.[12]
A 1999 Gallup poll found that 6% of the Americans surveyed doubted that the Moon landings happened and that 5% of those surveyed had no opinion,[13][14][15][16] which roughly matches the findings of a similar 1995 Time/CNN poll.[13] Officials of Fox television said that such skepticism rose to about 20% after the February 2001 airing of Fox network's TV show Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon? seen by about 15 million viewers.[14] This 2001 Fox special is seen as having promoted the hoax claims

A 2000 poll held by the Russian Public Opinion Fund found that 28% of those surveyed did not believe that American astronauts landed on the Moon, and this percentage is roughly equal in all social-demographic groups.[19] In 2009, a poll held by the United Kingdom's Engineering & Technology magazine found that 25% of those surveyed did not believe that men landed on the Moon.[20] Another poll gives that 25% of 1825-year-olds surveyed were unsure that the landings happened

http://en.wikipedia....piracy_theories

It's a hoax according to... .  ...     ..    ...        

5-20% of Americans, (various sources)  

28% of Russians

25% of people in the UK

Many people in Latin America, Asia, and Africa

That's "almost" one-fourth of the world!!

As for the forum being all pro-Apollo, that's false. There have been others who share in my view. Not many, but certainly more than one.    

Flat earthers and Apollo-ites are much alike. Both are astounding claims, and both lack any proof to back their claims. The only difference is Apollo had enough money to fool people into believing it's genuine.

Turbonium, your sources (when I just now quoted you) requote "conspiracy theory", i.e. there is no original source.

But you said, "As for the forum being all pro-Apollo, that's false. There have been others who share in my view. Not many, but certainly more than one."

Yes, you're probably right in that respect (I may have missed a few, and if I have disregarded anyone, I apologize).

But Turbondium, the views of the few on their island of skepticality cannot outweigh the proof of the majority. (And please don't recount your non-existant sources that say that only the minority believes that we set foot on the moon).

I appreciate your non-shaking disbelief, it's just that I'm looking at you like you were that last Japanese soldier on the the last island in the Pacific, 35 years after WW 2.

To carry the analogy, please provide me the proof that WW2 hasn't ended, or man has not set foot on the moon.

:)

#1633    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

No. Collins was answering a question about whether stars could be seen from the lunar surface

PATRICK MOORE: When you looked up at the sky, could you actually see the stars in the solar corona in spite of the glare?
ARMSTRONG: We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics. I don't recall during the period of time that we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see.
COLLINS: I don't remember seeing any.

The question wasn't about if stars were seen while taking photos of the solar corona. I suppose you could say Collins was referring to Armstrong going into that, but it still comes off fishy.

Stars would be the most amazing spectacle to see beyond our atmosphere, and beyond LEO. Billions of stars would virtually 'blanket the skies', so to speak. So to not even mention stars they are really exposing the fact that they were not there!.  It's utterly ridiculous to not mention the stars.

I've been in the Nevada deserts at night, and it was one of the most magnificent, utterly beautiful moments of my entire life. I will never forget it.

Anyone who's seen it knows exactly what I'm talking about here. It's stunning.

And - this point is very important  - I TOLD EVERYONE I KNEW ABOUT IT!!

Nobody could see this and not speak about it  

I can only imagine just how much more incredible, how much more beautiful, the stars must appear from space.

So when I hear all of those Apollo astronauts babble on about going to the moon, without a word about the amazing stars they'd see....then I know for sure that they're lying.  

#1634    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 02 February 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Turbonium, your sources (when I just now quoted you) requote "conspiracy theory", i.e. there is no original source.

I'm not sure what sources you are referring to here. The Wiki article I linked lnotes the sources at the bottom. Like the Russian poll, etc.

So what do you mean, exactly?

But you said, "As for the forum being all pro-Apollo, that's false. There have been others who share in my view. Not many, but certainly more than one."

Yes, you're probably right in that respect (I may have missed a few, and if I have disregarded anyone, I apologize).

But Turbondium, the views of the few on their island of skepticality cannot outweigh the proof of the majority. (And please don't recount your non-existant sources that say that only the minority believes that we set foot on the moon).

?? What sources did I post make that claim? The polls I cited only have a minority who believe the hoax, the majority believe they landed on the moon. So once again, I simply don't know what you're talking about.

I appreciate your non-shaking disbelief, it's just that I'm looking at you like you were that last Japanese soldier on the the last island in the Pacific, 35 years after WW 2.

To carry the analogy, please provide me the proof that WW2 hasn't ended, or man has not set foot on the moon.

I'm still waiting for proof that man HAS set foot on the moon.

As for the Japanese soldier, I see the same thing happening to the Apollo believers. The story is crumbling apart, piece by piece. This is the inevitable future of Apollo-ites. The last one to deny the truth of a hoax will end up just like that Japanese soldier.

We now know that aluminum intensifies radiation. We now know that aluminum would be one of the worst materials for shielding any spacecraft traversing the VA Belts. You also might know that Apollo spacecraft were primarily thin aluminum shells, right?

Just connect the dots, and you'll realize Apollo was a sham.

#1635    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 02 February 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Isn't it amazing that the majority of the world's population do not believe in a moon hoax?

Yes, it is truly amazing!!  

View Postskyeagle409, on 02 February 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

"Will the LRO's incredibly high-resolution images of the lunar surface, including, eventually, the Apollo landing sites, finally quell the lunacy of the Moon Hoax believers? Obviously it won't," writes astronomer Phil Plait in his blog on Discover magazine's Web site. "These true believers don't live in an evidence-based world."

Would this be high-resolution images with high-resolution blobs, or the high-res images of little dots, or perhaps high-res images with both the blobs and the little dots?