Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

2nd Amendment


  • Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 15 November 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

With all do respect, what does a logically reasoning person such as your self believe the Fema camps (of which there are many) are for? I sincerely hope your response will take away the worries I have about the direction of this great country and the future of its concerned, tax paying, law abidding, gun owning citizens.

If the FEMA camps exist they would be camps used for emergency situations involving wide spread disaster. Nothing at all about taxes, guns, flu shots, or any of the other theories that have popped up over the years.

http://www.unexplain...218808&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...180930&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...178184&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...140691&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...150049&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...148341&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...142323&hl=+fema
http://www.unexplain...127300&hl=+fema

These are just a few threads found in a very quick search of the forums warning about the dangers of FEMA, how they're taking over, how they're going to round everyone up for flimsy reasons, etc etc etc. Going back years. And yet nothing has happened. Nothing remotely like it has happened. The claims that those who don't pay new taxes would be rounded up didn't happen, the idea that if you didn't get a swine flu vaccine you'd go to camps didn't happen, if you didn't vote one way off to the camps didn't happen, and their involvement in supposed new gun laws didn't happen. We get warnings about FEMA camps around here a few times every year and it turns out to be nothing but baseless fear.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#92    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dunwich USA

  • "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Look If you have trouble getting weapons just contact Mr Holder at the Department of Justice. I heard he will hand out a gun to just about anybody.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#93    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,978 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostLucidElement, on 15 November 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

said he WANTS too.. probs wont get away with it.. but just stupid he even wants too.

no you really are making crap up. Why in the world do you want assault weapons on the street? insanity.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#94    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dunwich USA

  • "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

View Postninjadude, on 16 November 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

no you really are making crap up. Why in the world do you want assault weapons on the street? insanity.

Because if some idiot wants rock and roll on full auto he isn't going to hit crap so it's safer then if he fired on semi and he would run out of ammo quicker so the cops can just arrest him and he can become a tax burden to us law abiding citizens.

Edited by MiskatonicGrad, 16 November 2012 - 02:04 AM.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#95    Marks_Thoughts

Marks_Thoughts

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined:30 Jan 2011

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Years ago I was working part-time in a gunshop (lots of fun by the way) and the gunsmith brought out a pistol for a handful of us to look over. At first glance it was a German Luger, but there was something not quite correct. Looking closer revealed some absolutely amazing things. The tool marks that appear on the sides of the frame were not true circles, machine tools leave very good circles, they were actually hand engraved. The proof stampings and the serial numbers were also hand engraved. To really make it extraordinary was that there was no rifling in the barrel, completely smoothbore. The pistol was a hand made copy made by an Afghan tribesman some time in the 1950s or so.
Think about this for a moment. The Luger was one of the most complex and difficult firearms to construct, which was one of the reasons few armies used it - it cost too much. To make it today requires some 150 separate machine tool setups to build all of the parts. Doing this by hand with cutting stones, files, and similar must have been horrendous. The most amazing, the main spring is shaped like a V, and has to be tempered exactly correct or the firearm will simply not operate. The guy had it right.
So, at one time there was a likely poorly educated, but highly capable person working in a shop that did not have electric power (hence no rifling), who was willing to spend months duplicating scores of complicated steel parts, finishing and tempering the pieces, just to create a duplicate of an existing pistol.
The point of all of this is that it is impossible to uninvent something. The government can go out and steal every gun there is and not long following there will still be guns - even if we have to make them from scratch. By the way, making bullets, powder, primers, and casings is a snap compared to actually making the guns themselves.
Heck, just make the gunpowder and use it to get the guns back or take theirs...   


#96    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,218 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostMarks_Thoughts, on 16 November 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Years ago I was working part-time in a gunshop (lots of fun by the way) and the gunsmith brought out a pistol for a handful of us to look over. At first glance it was a German Luger, but there was something not quite correct. Looking closer revealed some absolutely amazing things. The tool marks that appear on the sides of the frame were not true circles, machine tools leave very good circles, they were actually hand engraved. The proof stampings and the serial numbers were also hand engraved. To really make it extraordinary was that there was no rifling in the barrel, completely smoothbore. The pistol was a hand made copy made by an Afghan tribesman some time in the 1950s or so.
Think about this for a moment. The Luger was one of the most complex and difficult firearms to construct, which was one of the reasons few armies used it - it cost too much. To make it today requires some 150 separate machine tool setups to build all of the parts. Doing this by hand with cutting stones, files, and similar must have been horrendous. The most amazing, the main spring is shaped like a V, and has to be tempered exactly correct or the firearm will simply not operate. The guy had it right.
So, at one time there was a likely poorly educated, but highly capable person working in a shop that did not have electric power (hence no rifling), who was willing to spend months duplicating scores of complicated steel parts, finishing and tempering the pieces, just to create a duplicate of an existing pistol.
The point of all of this is that it is impossible to uninvent something. The government can go out and steal every gun there is and not long following there will still be guns - even if we have to make them from scratch. By the way, making bullets, powder, primers, and casings is a snap compared to actually making the guns themselves.
Heck, just make the gunpowder and use it to get the guns back or take theirs...   

If the military uses it, it is the most dumbed down technology available, and that is especially true for  the time when people were still drafted. Anything had to be so easy to use and maintain that anybody with an IQ slightly exceeding 80 could handle it.

As for the Afghan blacksmiths, they can build you anything if you bring them a sample, no matter how complicated the gun is. And for amazing prizes. When 'Stan is more or less peaceful they'll sell you an AK copy for less than $100. The Filipino back alley gunsmiths are just as good, though slightly more expensive.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#97    Grey14

Grey14

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Heart of America

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostDrayno, on 15 November 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Learn to spell you're* before you call someone else a fool.

Oh Iz sees maaster. Iz offended the Internets grammar police.


Dip****

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#98    Drayno

Drayno

    Reverend Dudemeister

  • Member
  • 3,679 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostGrey14, on 16 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Oh Iz sees maaster. Iz offended the Internets grammar police.


Dip****

Oh, the maturity of some of the members on this site.

At least I didn't resort to name calling. What's next, tattle-telling and nap time? Give me a break.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#99    LucidElement

LucidElement

    Mystic Divinity

  • Member
  • 3,542 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Great North Woods

  • Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

The Social security and department of homeland security ordered sooo much guns and ammo a few months ago, got to ask yourself why. 750 Million rounds for DHS!!

http://www.infowars....rounds-of-ammo/

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

Avatar done by The Barman!!!

#100    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,624 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

What does that have to do with the second amendment? They simply made a deal that was worth the investment.


#101    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,378 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 19 November 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

What does that have to do with the second amendment? They simply made a deal that was worth the investment.
I think the point is that US citizens have a natural distrust for the government and when the government does things like buy very large, seemingly unnecessary amounts of ammo with no real explanation it just reminds us of our need for self protection from that government.  That said, I don't imagine you'll see demonstrations or violence over it.  But those who watch such things - and there are many - probably are getting a little more "prepared" as time goes along.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#102    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

    sapere aude

  • Member
  • 2,624 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seoul/Berlin

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

And that's called paranoia. Your government agencies order bullets all the time. I'm pretty sure of that. If they have armed officers, they need training, too, hence a lot of bullets. But if you always argue that everything the government or one of its agencies is doing could lead to a violation of the US citizens rights, I see where those paranoia come from, and why it is so easy for you to justify the 2nd amendment's current interpretation.
Seriously, there is no big deal here. How many rounds does your military have? Or the police? Do you worry about that?


#103    Socio

Socio

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2008

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Here is where the problem will lie; Obama will get to appoint 2-3 new supreme court justices make it a decidedly left leaning bench this alone should scare the bejesus out of everyone.

Harry Reid is purposing filibuster reform to keep the GOP from filibustering things like supreme court justice appointments paving the way for Obama to appoint anyone he wants no questions asked.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2088767.html

Rumors for candidates for appointment to the court when the time come have been Eric Holder, Valerie Jarrett and Janet Napolitano among others.

So you can bet any legislation that makes it to the supreme court after these appointments are made in favor of gun control will get passed even the abolishment of the individual right to bear arms is possible according to the head of the NRA.


#104    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Of course government agencies order a lot of ammo. Agents need to train and you go through a hell of a lot of bullets during training. Like most of the stuff that comes out of infowars it's just an attempt to make people terrified of the government for no reason. They deal in paranoia so they go out of their way to make people paranoid.

On the issue of judges aren't some that are looking to step down liberal learning at the start? So Obama is going to replace liberal leaning judges with liberal leaning judges. Big deal. Even if the Supreme Court does give the edge to left leaning judges that is in no way proof that they'd try to mess with the 2nd amendment. Just more fear.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#105    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,218 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostCorp, on 19 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Of course government agencies order a lot of ammo. Agents need to train and you go through a hell of a lot of bullets during training. Like most of the stuff that comes out of infowars it's just an attempt to make people terrified of the government for no reason. They deal in paranoia so they go out of their way to make people paranoid.

On the issue of judges aren't some that are looking to step down liberal learning at the start? So Obama is going to replace liberal leaning judges with liberal leaning judges. Big deal. Even if the Supreme Court does give the edge to left leaning judges that is in no way proof that they'd try to mess with the 2nd amendment. Just more fear.

But, but... them durn chicken stealin librals are trin totakes me boifday away!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users