Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hands

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,104 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

I think this fits in the Psychology part of this forum. I don't remember where I got this from, but I find it interesting. There may be other aspects of our physiology like this.

"If you're right-handed you may have noticed that the left hand is only there to help the right hand. And vise versa for left-handed people.  Notice how your hands cooperate with each other. The left hand holds something so the right hand can manipulate it. The left hand will reach out and grab something and kindly give it to the right hand. Unscrew the top off a bottle, pour a drink into a glass, hold a book and turn a page, dial on your cell phone.

It sounds obvious and an unimportant to think about, but it's almost like the left hand loves the right hand so much it devotes its entire life to helping it. If the left hand actually ever dares to do something on its own it will soon feel guilty and humbly pass the task on to the right hand.  

This is why a right-handed person must always carry money in the left pocket, so the left hand can hold it out for the right to choose the correct change. To do otherwise not only is against the natural order of the Universe, it is upsetting to the sanity, health and harmony of the mind/body continuum and for a right-handed individual to ignore this proper hand-etiquette puts a dreadful psychological burden upon the left hand.

Not only that, the humiliation and dishonor the right hand must feel in holding out coins wondering what to do with them is a hideous and cruel treatment of one of the best and most loyal friends a human being can have.

Please, treat each hand in the manner they are accustomed to.  Never force a task upon them that God Himself (Herself/Itself (oh…whatever)) has apportioned them their rightful place in the Cosmic order of all that is good and decent."

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

I am right handed but I use my right hand to hand out money.  I hurt my left hand not long ago and found I use it for all sorts of things.

#3    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,456 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

But what if the person is ambidextrous like me ?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4    232

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

I'm right handed but still use my left for plenty of stuff.

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,145 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 21 March 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

I think this fits in the Psychology part of this forum. I don't remember where I got this from, but I find it interesting. There may be other aspects of our physiology like this.

"If you're right-handed you may have noticed that the left hand is only there to help the right hand. And vise versa for left-handed people.  Notice how your hands cooperate with each other. The left hand holds something so the right hand can manipulate it. The left hand will reach out and grab something and kindly give it to the right hand. Unscrew the top off a bottle, pour a drink into a glass, hold a book and turn a page, dial on your cell phone.

It sounds obvious and an unimportant to think about, but it's almost like the left hand loves the right hand so much it devotes its entire life to helping it. If the left hand actually ever dares to do something on its own it will soon feel guilty and humbly pass the task on to the right hand.  

This is why a right-handed person must always carry money in the left pocket, so the left hand can hold it out for the right to choose the correct change. To do otherwise not only is against the natural order of the Universe, it is upsetting to the sanity, health and harmony of the mind/body continuum and for a right-handed individual to ignore this proper hand-etiquette puts a dreadful psychological burden upon the left hand.

Not only that, the humiliation and dishonor the right hand must feel in holding out coins wondering what to do with them is a hideous and cruel treatment of one of the best and most loyal friends a human being can have.

Please, treat each hand in the manner they are accustomed to.  Never force a task upon them that God Himself (Herself/Itself (oh…whatever)) has apportioned them their rightful place in the Cosmic order of all that is good and decent."

I don't agree with everything said, but I think it's a fair assessment.

Puting my wallet in my left pocket allows me to draw it out with my "less" dominant hand, hold onto it with my left hand, and retrieve currency with my dominant right hand.

Curiously, I have put my wallet in my right back pocket, and have ALWAYS found me switching it to my left hand to permit my dominant right hand to do the business. So, I don't do that anymore.

I also notice that I tend to comb my hair with my dominant hand, using my left hand to "present" my hair for combing.

#6    markprice

markprice

Poltergeist

• 3,118 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Pants have the coin pocket on the right side. Levi never heard this theory. Life could have been so much easier.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,456 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I guess my question doesnt deserve an answer :blush:

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,104 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

R4z3rsPard0x said:

guess my question doesnt deserve an answer :blush:

Umm...do your hands fight each other for supremacy?

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#9    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 22 March 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

But what if the person is ambidextrous like me ?

Then he/she is a freak of nature (jk)

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,456 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 28 March 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Umm...do your hands fight each other for supremacy?
No there equally capable of doing pretty much all things, although my writing changes depending on which hand I use.

View Postgoodconversations, on 29 March 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Then he/she is a freak of nature (jk)
Never been called a freak of nature before, Iv been called strange but freak of nature is a new one :tu:

#11    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 29 March 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

No there equally capable of doing pretty much all things, although my writing changes depending on which hand I use.

Never been called a freak of nature before, Iv been called strange but freak of nature is a new one :tu:

lol Well, if we're going to give hands minds and start the science of hands psychology, then in all ways you're a freak of nature :tsu: lol

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,456 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Postgoodconversations, on 29 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

lol Well, if we're going to give hands minds and start the science of hands psychology, then in all ways you're a freak of nature :tsu: lol
I would think Id be more of a genuis level player considering not everybody can use both hands equally as well. That is if where giving hands minds :whistle:

#13    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I as well possess the power of being ambidextrous!
Freaks unite!

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#14    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 29 March 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

I would think Id be more of a genuis level player considering not everybody can use both hands equally as well. That is if where giving hands minds :whistle:

Exactly! :clap:

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,456 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postgoodconversations, on 29 March 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Exactly! :clap:
What hand do you prefer to use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users