Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Clear Mountain Yowie Case (2011) Solved!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

While looking up local Yowie reports one caught my eye from Clear Mountain, Qld, 2011. I do a lot of bushwalking there (both day and night) and the report says:

"Last Saturday (30 April 2011) we stayed a night at a lodge up on Clear Mountain, Queensland.

"We were at the back, backing right onto dense undergrowth. We were up out on the balcony late at night for a number of hours checking out the stars and sky, and also on and off periodically throughout the night.

"Each time we were out there we would hear movement in the undergrowth, nothing significant, just twigs snapping, and something that sounded like pushing through vegetation.

"It would get our attention, but would stop for ages and it was too dark to see anything. We’d heard similar things when staying up at Springbrook in the past.

"The next morning after breakfast we walked around the blind (eastern) side of the lodge, and noticed very large dried muddy footprints on the decked area. They came up along to where they would have come into view of the main areas, stopped, then did a u-turn and headed back."

That was me there that night. I am the Clear Mountain Yowie...

On this forum we have sometimes specualted whether some of the Bigfoot claims and experiences (like wood knocks and vocalisations) are simply the result of encountering other monster hunters but is this the first documented instance?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 14 June 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

While looking up local Yowie reports one caught my eye from Clear Mountain, Qld, 2011. I do a lot of bushwalking there (both day and night) and the report says:

"Last Saturday (30 April 2011) we stayed a night at a lodge up on Clear Mountain, Queensland.

"We were at the back, backing right onto dense undergrowth. We were up out on the balcony late at night for a number of hours checking out the stars and sky, and also on and off periodically throughout the night.

"Each time we were out there we would hear movement in the undergrowth, nothing significant, just twigs snapping, and something that sounded like pushing through vegetation.

"It would get our attention, but would stop for ages and it was too dark to see anything. We’d heard similar things when staying up at Springbrook in the past.

"The next morning after breakfast we walked around the blind (eastern) side of the lodge, and noticed very large dried muddy footprints on the decked area. They came up along to where they would have come into view of the main areas, stopped, then did a u-turn and headed back."

That was me there that night. I am the Clear Mountain Yowie...

On this forum we have sometimes specualted whether some of the Bigfoot claims and experiences (like wood knocks and vocalisations) are simply the result of encountering other monster hunters but is this the first documented instance?

HAHAHA! Great!

And I agree,  you are not the only (human) "nightwalker".

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

That's classic stuff right there.  Have you been attacked by believers claiming you're a government plant paid to disseminate disinformation so they can continue to keep the Yowie hidden from the public?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,113 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostRafterman, on 14 June 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

That's classic stuff right there.  Have you been attacked by believers claiming you're a government plant paid to disseminate disinformation so they can continue to keep the Yowie hidden from the public?

Yes but that was before I was mistaken for a Yowie. Gotta love my fellow monster-hunters...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

#5    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

You would think that calling out " hello, is someone down there?" would be the first reaction.

#6    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Amazing how fast it can turn.... From a believer in the paranormal, to a goverment payed debunker.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Well if you are the Yowie that knocked Harrison on his backside as well, I think we should all pitch in and buy your a carton.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,113 posts

J.M. Smith

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

View Posts33ker, on 14 June 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

You would think that calling out " hello, is someone down there?" would be the first reaction.

In future if anyone calls out I'll know to reply with a barabaric YAWP !

#9    Real-Time

Real-Time

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Isn't it good ettiquette to call out, "kooo-eeee" when in the bush with other possible people nearby?

Here's a similar funny story. I heard on the radio earlier this year, an occassion where two different groups of "yowie researchers" happened to coincidentally be in the same Gold Coast Hinterland vicinity, armed with their sound recorders. There may have been one or two kilometres separating them. Neither group knew the other group was there. Anyhow, a member from one group decided to deliver his best 'yowie calls" in an attempt to procure a similar response. Apparently noise travels far on still nights and though he was left unsatisfied, he nevertheless gave it his all, with the occassional whacking of a nearby tree. Meanwhile, highly excited members from the second group thought they had hit the jackpot, frantically recording away what they believed were legitimate yowie vocalisations. Embarrassingly, those same recordings were offered up as evidence a very short time later by a prominent and high profile researcher.  The truth was unveiled shortly after that and strangely nobody lost too much face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users