Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some weird stuff goin' down

RyuujinBlueZ

Alright, I think something similar to this might have been posted before. I hope so, at least. You could say what I'm about to tell you is like a Time Slip, but it's not.

For the last several weeks I've been having what I've dubbed "Reality Slips". Which is exactly what it feels like, as if reality itself is sliding away. Usually what happens is I'll just be sitting somewhere, talking to someone, and I'll get a little dizzy and feel like I'm falling back. For the first couple seconds it actuallys seems as if I'm physically doing this, but then I realize that I haven't moved at all. Once I come to that conclusion I notice that I feel oddly disconnected, as if I'm in two places at once. I can still see and hear whoever I was talking to, and usually I talk back. It's like my physical body goes on auto-pilot, or something. At the same time I'm getting a rush of information. Sights, sounds, even tastes and smells. I see places both on Earth and apparently in the cosmos that I've never seen before. I feel the taste of food I've never eaten, and the taste of all manner of drinks. Stranger yet, I hear a voice talking to me. I can never recall what it says, and it seems like it just gets to the point when I manage to snap back. All the while I'm carrying on a normal conversation, with no mention on either side of anything odd happening. On average these "Reality Slips" last roughly a minute, though I've experianced both longer and shorter ones. It's quite strange, and I've never heard of anything like it before.

I welcome any comments on the matter, and please share your own experiances. If you feel the need to be a jerk go for it, but I'd rather this be handled with something akin to maturity. Oh yeah, and I know I'm going to get comments about a certain movie, so I'll make one of my own. "There is no spoon."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RyuujinBlueZ

• essesseel

• SuperSarah

• smallpackage

I have these sometimes, too. I still haven't any guesses as to what it is either. As for me, I get a taste of blood in my mouth. All the rest seems like what happens though.

This happens to me sometimes too...

I don't want to scare you or anything, but if this happens too frequently you might want to consider talking to a doctor. It could be an indication of a deeper problem.

If it only happens every now and then I wouldn't worry though. original.gif

I get thissometimes. its usally when I'm depressed....anything going on in your family?

ohmy.gif wow ive never heard of this before this is very interesting. From what it sounds like, its as though your experienceing uncontrolable OBE huh.gif

i hope you dont have one when your driving. blink.gif

seriously though it could be like kellalor said, an indication of some medical prob especially the auditory experience ., i dont disregard OBE's of course having had a minor one myself in which i scared myself back in after a few seconds. but i experienced no sounds or tastes. w00t.gif

Hi there

That must be a quite frightening. I would say that it sounds almost as if you are having some kind of mini seizure or something. I would go to the doctors and get yourself checked out to be on the safe side.

Lottie

Alright, I think something similar to this might have been posted before. I hope so, at least. You could say what I'm about to tell you is like a Time Slip, but it's not.

For the last several weeks I've been having what I've dubbed "Reality Slips". Which is exactly what it feels like, as if reality itself is sliding away. Usually what happens is I'll just be sitting somewhere, talking to someone, and I'll get a little dizzy and feel like I'm falling back. For the first couple seconds it actuallys seems as if I'm physically doing this, but then I realize that I haven't moved at all. Once I come to that conclusion I notice that I feel oddly disconnected, as if I'm in two places at once. I can still see and hear whoever I was talking to, and usually I talk back. It's like my physical body goes on auto-pilot, or something. At the same time I'm getting a rush of information. Sights, sounds, even tastes and smells. I see places both on Earth and apparently in the cosmos that I've never seen before. I feel the taste of food I've never eaten, and the taste of all manner of drinks. Stranger yet, I hear a voice talking to me. I can never recall what it says, and it seems like it just gets to the point when I manage to snap back. All the while I'm carrying on a normal conversation, with no mention on either side of anything odd happening. On average these "Reality Slips" last roughly a minute, though I've experianced both longer and shorter ones. It's quite strange, and I've never heard of anything like it before.

I welcome any comments on the matter, and please share your own experiances. If you feel the need to be a jerk go for it, but I'd rather this be handled with something akin to maturity. Oh yeah, and I know I'm going to get comments about a certain movie, so I'll make one of my own. "There is no spoon."

Wow, what a helpful bunch!

Just what you wanted to hear I'm sure.

Have you had any lucid dreams?

You may be in contact with a friendly type 3 civilization.

Edited by Rick Sobie

Rick Sobie,

Whoa hold on a minute!

Wow, what a helpful bunch! Just what you wanted to hear I'm sure.

Have you had any lucid dreams? You may be in contact with a friendly type 3 civilization.

Do you not think it reasonable that people should be logical first and foremost. Going to the doctors and checking that everything is okay before then making other enquiries seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Your answer mayb well be a logical one to you but seems more irrational than anything else I have seen posted on here. How can you say to someone that it may be a friendly 3 civilisation without explaining further what on earth friendly 3 civilisation is in the first place. If anything if I was in this persons shoes I would be more freaked out by your weird explanation than any of the other 'logical' statements.

Lottie

Edited by Lottie

I used to get something very similar to what you describe and I went to the doctor about it, as I noticed that my heart rate would increase when it happened.

They took blood tests and monitored my heart etc. but came up with nothing.

At the time I was working in a job I hated, and when I left to work somewhere else the episodes became less frequent and then stopped.

I think what you are experiencing is a form of panic attack, which may seem out of the question, but there may be something weighing on your mind that you arent facing up to. thumbsup.gif

RyuujinBlueZ,

It does sound like you are having involuntary OOBE's, these can be caused by you being too comfortable, and also by you wishing you were somewhere else at the time.

The bit where you feel like you are falling, is the bit where your astral body is freeing itself from your physical body, most people can do this when they are asleep, and their brain is emitting alpha waves (just before true sleep). At that time they do not feel like they are falling, but stretching, getting longer than they actually are, for you it feels like you are falling because you are upright, and the astral body usually starts off lying down, even if you are not actually lying.

Type three entities are animal like aliens, such as reptilian.

Before anything, I would chalk it up to a blood sugar drop or something of that nature.

I feel these things all the time. And I am anemic. Go figure original.gif Take your vitamens!

Wow! I'm shocked, really. I didn't expect anyone to even pay attention to my humble little topic. Kinda makes me feel special. grin2.gif Anyway, I agree that it could well be some sort of medical problem. However I was also thinking along the lines of OBE, for several reasons I can get into if anyone wants me to.

I don't know how to quote stuff, so I'll just hope people know who I'm talking about...heh...

I was diagnosed with dysthymia (sp?) a while back, which is merely a low-level life long depression. Medication and that whole lot, but I'm one of those crazy poor people and had to stop. Frankly I feel pretty good though, and haven't been happier in a very long time.

Panic attacks are possible, my grandma is very prone to them. As for troubling thoughts, well I don't really work. The only things on my mind is finishing up my schooling, and I've been doing quite well with that.

Type 3 civi's are also highly advanced, at least by the reckoning I'm used to. That could well be, and I think it mildly ties into the OBE explination. From some of the tastes and sights, I have to think they're something from old "friends" of mine. Again, that's something I can happily explain if anyone wants. Righ tnow though I feel I've rambled enough.

Thank you all for your feedback! You've all been very helpful, and I'm glad to see people take interest in others. It's far too rare in this world anymore.

Okay I did get an e-mail requesting more information, however I accidentally deleted it. If I recall right though, it was merely asking to explain the "reality slips". Unless whoever it was had something specific in mind, I'd like to point them back at my opening post. People feel free to IM or E-mail me too, I'm usually happy to talk about anything and everything. Don't be afraid, I don't bite. wink2.gif

Anyway, I was discussing these with a friend of mine who claims to have some mild psychic powers. Before I get jumped on about that though, I've given him a few tests that I know of and it seems at least mildly accurate. Back to the topic, we were speaking of his various skills and some of the ones I used to possess. My own abilities have changed some over the years, getting less usefull and more "cool" as time presses on. Through our talks we hit upon the idea that perhaps I'm subconciously performing these slips at random times. Experimenting with the idea I finally managed to force one and even "guide" it a little.

Thanks for the input, take care everyone.

Do you do LSD or go on Acid trips? Im serious too. Have you even done shrooms or any type of hard drugs, cause they could have messed your brain.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

I used to have experiences similiar to what you describe all of the time. At first I thought maybe I was having some health issues (high blood pressure, internal bleeding, etc.). I went and had a physical exam but I was given a clean bill of health. They continued for years. One day I bought a book on shamanism and to my suprise the book described these strange experiences I was having. I started doing some of the excersises in the book and I can now do this whenever I please and I haven't had one I didn't want to have in almost a year now. I know it is kind of strange but I have had some very helpfull experiences while doing this.

Okay, right after I said I didn't know how to quote things I noticed a nifty "Quote" button. I feel stupid now...

Anyway, I've never done Acid or anything more hallucinginic (I so know I spelled that wrong) than Nyquil or Pot. My entire drug history extends to about 4 hits of pot and half a liter of Rum.

Shamanism, huh? Reminds me of a joke I used to make. Actually, I've a few friends who were reading up on that. Maybe I'll look into it and see what comes of it. Because I'm too lazy to make another topic for this, I also want to page any psychics in the Western Slope area of Colorado. I'd be quite curious to know how many there are, let alone just on UM.

Bah, thanks again everyone.