Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The hole which is shrouded in mystery

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

View Postenrgythief, on 18 February 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Mel Waters hole. A extended writeup on this place and the second hole that was discovered can be read at:
http://mysteriousuni...evil’s-holes/
Excellent read. Worth checking out.

Thanks for that article, interesting read untill it gets to the tumour-seal offspring part...

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#32    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostTamsen, on 18 February 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Did you register on UN just to comment this?

No, I registered to poke myself in the eye 3 times and explain my pain!

Of course I registered to comment, that is the entire point of having a comment system is it not???

With that slight sarcastic dig put aside, and instead going back to my original comment for the rest of the slightly friendlier users of this site.....

I watched the video attached to the article and he states (and the video then shows) a satellite image with a white box area blocking the view of a particular area.
Posted Image

And with the help of google maps I believe I have found the area that was hidden and that although there is no visible alien base or satan's minions rising from the underworld showing on Google Maps..... there is an unusual looking (but much larger) big black hole like shape in the ground, deep in the woods located at: 46.960522,-120.804741

But since then I have looked on Bing Maps at the exact location and there doesn't appear to be a black hole/pond/indent or whatever, there! So I am curious what the black "hole" shape is on Google that is not on Bing and why it happens to be directly under the "White Box" shown in the above satellite image from the article.

Perfectly reasonable explanations and simple coincidences are bound to be available, but it just adds yet another fascinating conspiracy to the entire urban legend I felt.

#33    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostExoPaul, on 19 February 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

No, I registered to poke myself in the eye 3 times and explain my pain!

Of course I registered to comment, that is the entire point of having a comment system is it not???

With that slight sarcastic dig put aside, and instead going back to my original comment for the rest of the slightly friendlier users of this site.....

I watched the video attached to the article and he states (and the video then shows) a satellite image with a white box area blocking the view of a particular area.
Posted Image

And with the help of google maps I believe I have found the area that was hidden and that although there is no visible alien base or satan's minions rising from the underworld showing on Google Maps..... there is an unusual looking (but much larger) big black hole like shape in the ground, deep in the woods located at: 46.960522,-120.804741

But since then I have looked on Bing Maps at the exact location and there doesn't appear to be a black hole/pond/indent or whatever, there! So I am curious what the black "hole" shape is on Google that is not on Bing and why it happens to be directly under the "White Box" shown in the above satellite image from the article.

Perfectly reasonable explanations and simple coincidences are bound to be available, but it just adds yet another fascinating conspiracy to the entire urban legend I felt.

Nice work.

On google maps it does look a lot like a huge shadow covering the area more than an actual hole. There is no sign of the wall around it though. Also is the picture of that part been taken form a different angle on the satellite? Cause the trees, ground and air seem completely different to the area to the right.

They need to send a proper team up there and take proper photographs. It's interesting wondering if it's a natural hole or someone built it. (if it's actually there)

Edited by Coffey, 19 February 2012 - 05:47 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#34    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

So THAT'S where my tax money has been going!

#35    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 19 February 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

Tamsen.
To be perfectly honest, I find your comment hard to believe. Your profile states you have been a member since 4th August 07, yet you have only 6 posts. Were your other 5 posts along the same lines as this one or have you actually contributed in some way to the topics?
Everyone has to have a first post. :)
(if for some reason you have made more than 6 posts and this is purely an admin error, then please disregard what I just typed :) )

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

It's really ironic that the perosn who signed up actually gave valid information yet Tamsen just trolls.  :rolleyes:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#36    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Enlightened

• 3,932 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Postenrgythief, on 18 February 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Mel Waters hole. A extended writeup on this place and the second hole that was discovered can be read at:
http://mysteriousuni...2%80%99s-holes/
Excellent read. Worth checking out.

View PostDKO, on 19 February 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Thanks for that article, interesting read untill it gets to the tumour-seal offspring part...

Thanks for the link, cleared up a few questions for me.

Well DKO the story definitely went in a direction I didn't expect, tumour-seal offspring and bullet proof birds emerging from a bottomless pit.

They will never get to the bottom of this one ;)

Click here to view Unexplained Mysteries 5 Millionth post by Helen of Annoy, while you're there lets see if we can give it 5 Million likes (sorry Biff).

#37    therootsfan

therootsfan

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

Waters presents all the hallmarks of schizophrenia: delusions, intense visual and auditory hallucinations, dysfunctional social and work relationships, laxity in personal hygiene and appearance, and the aforementioned symptoms continuing past 6 months in duration.  I'm betting he's on antipsychotics like perphenazine and clozapine.

#38    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 18 February 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

The gateway to Hell ?...they're coming to take me away ha ha .seriously,lets find it someone and solve the mystery,contact Red Elk and get him to lead a party to where it is..cheers..
Ya know that old Native American won't lead anyone up there,He just want's the plub just to make a little name for himself.

#39    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

I think Red Elk should submit that chunk of UFO he wears around his neck and collect his million dollars.

#40    karmakazi

karmakazi

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• Mirror, mirror on the floor, am I the prettiest at the store? -BLR

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 February 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Am I the only one who totally thought something else when they read the thread title?

No   :lol:   Every time I see the title it makes me laugh.

Nothing is true.  Everything is permitted.
If video games start making sense is it a sign of the end?

The Journey

#41    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,670 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Mel stated that he'd tried to measure the depth of the hole by lowering a weighted fishing line into it. He told Art Bell he'd lowered 80,000 feet of fishing line into the hole with a one-pound weight at the end. He didn't say what pound test the line was, or whether it was monofilament or braided. He did say he bought it in 5000-yard spools. I found these available online for $40 for the thinnest, cheapest 10-pound test line all the way up to $1300 for braided, hollow core 130-pound line. So if Mel's on his sixth spool, he's got anywhere between 48 and 230 pounds of fishing line hanging, according to the published shipping weights of those spools that I was able to find. Would it hold?
Falling into Mel's Hole at Skeptoid.com

Why do people think  that fishing lines have no weight?

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#42    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

"You wouldn't be pulling my leg?" - Art Bell

#43    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

"And to this day, no one's been able to find it, since that famous radio conversation." - This Says It All To Me  :rolleyes:

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#44    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 4,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

My first thought was "Hmmm... That's pretty cool - though I'm sure there is a logical reason for it..."

Then I read the full article - and when he went on about other mysterious holes - that no one else can get to - and other things... This guy is 100% making it up (IMO)...

#45    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 February 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Am I the only one who totally thought something else when they read the thread title?
yes ,

you sicko

if im thinking what your thinking .

Glory H

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users