Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abortion

D1sTurb3dTr33

I'm not too sure if this topic has recently been discussed (Don't throw stones! I'm the new guy. grin2.gif ), so I want to talk about this.

For a long time people talked and talked about abortion and how it was okay/wrong. I never really had an objection to it until I knew someone who did it, and how it "changed" her life. Now I just believe that abortion is an escape route, but what really concerns me is what if the child were alive? So that's what leads me to my question. . .

Do you guys think that abortion is killing?

Edited by D1sTurb3dTr33

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• SilverCougar

• Seraphina

• Unorthodox Thesis

I give this thread 4 hours before it's closed.

Edit: thread, silly me...

Edited by JennRose

personaly... I don't believe life starts at conceivment.

That and I very much belive that it's the woman's right to choose to have an abortion.

i believe we should have the right because our technology permits

i do not believe life starts untill after you are beyond the abortion stages

now dont take this as a disgusting remark, but seriously, if life starts at the moment of concieving whats to say it didnt start and then die when you had that wet dream? is that an abortion too? there has to be a line that seperates alive and not alive, and at the moment of the sperm penetrating the egg, there is nothing else really going on there untill after some weeks down the road

^i really dont mean to offend anyone with that, i am sorry if i did

i do not believe life starts untill after you are beyond the abortion stages

What exactly are the abortion stages?

now dont take this as a disgusting remark, but seriously, if life starts at the moment of concieving whats to say it didnt start and then die when you had that wet dream?

I don't want to sound naive or anything, but I thought a wet dream was what happened to guys at like 5 in the morning. Conceiving is when you get pregnant.

Indeed. What is your defenition of life?

now dont take this as a disgusting remark, but seriously, if life starts at the moment of concieving whats to say it didnt start and then die when you had that wet dream?

Parents that support abortion are't teaching responsibility to their children, now are they? wacko.gif For example:

Mother talking to daughter:

"Now, your father and I care about you very much, so don't do it before you're married. But.... just incase, abortion is always an option.. In case you could't

controll the situation or something... Not that we don't trust you, but you know..."

Don't beat me down for this. I don't understand mother-daughter conversations.

*shrugs*

I don't know. I have on idea in the world how parents discuss this sort of things, but I've made my point.

That and I very much belive that it's the woman's right to choose to have an abortion.

Whose seed is it? Both the man and women take part in making the child. No?

Infact, once the child becomes a living cell, he should have a right to live.

Since fetuses are too young to make a decision of life or death, we should

always choose the most caring, logical choice. What would you tell your mother? wink2.gif

Edited by Norman

The only reason this thread is open is because no mods are on to close it. tongue.gif

Abortion is such a flame topic. There is no way an abortion thread can come to any good...best nipped in the proverbial bud. Someone will most likely 'abort' this 'abortion discussion' but......Welcome to the forum anyway! original.gif

Ah, if we just ignore some posts that insist on closing this thread,

maybe it will not be closed because some people think its a topic worthy

to be discussed by people that just want to have a decent overview of

the subject. No? Or are the people here at UM so unwilling to at least

try to keep a topic decent? Im trying my best here. innocent.gif

Is there anyone out there that can say their opinion in a good manner?

Edited by Norman

always choose the most caring, logical choice. What would you tell your mother?  wink2.gif

458529[/snapback]

What about living, breathing, pain-feeling concious animals that are constantly slaughered so you can feed yourself needlessly on their flesh. Should not they have the right to live more than a organism that does not breath for itself, or even know it is alive??

gulp...what should i say without assualting wacko.gif one????

Indeed. What is your defenition of life?

Parents that support abortion are't teaching responsibility to their children, now are they? wacko.gif For example:

Mother talking to daughter:

"Now, your father and I care about you very much, so don't do it before you're married. But.... just incase, abortion is always an option.. In case you could't

controll the situation or something... Not that we don't trust you, but you know..."

Hey now.. If *IF* if if if if if if! I ever have kids... what makes you think I'd teach them to be irresponcibility just because I am pro choice? ;P

Ah, if we just ignore some posts that insist on closing this thread,

maybe it will not be closed because some people think its a topic worthy

to be discussed by people that just want to have a decent overview of

the subject. No? Or are the people here at UM so unwilling to at least

try to keep a topic decent?

Let me give you an upshot of things to come if left open:

Life begins at conception.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

You have no clue.

You are the one who has no clue.

You blithering idiot.

God created life at conception.

There is no God you blithering idiot.

Etc.

I think joc summed up this thread nicely.

To one who views humans as equal to animals, yes.

However, the world is confused it seems. The majority cannot

decide whether humans = animals, or that humans are special

creation that are higher than animals. The only thing that will

stop humanity in this process is its total loss of morals.

Once the population is reduced to the point where people start

to reconsider the meaning of human life, maybe then there will be a

change.

Hey now.. If *IF* if if if if if if! I ever have kids... what makes you think I'd teach them to be irresponcibility just because I am pro choice? ;P

I apologize. If, if, if, if you have children, you do to your children what is neccesary. wink2.gif If you wish to abort, go ahead. Nobody is stopping you.

When your kids are grown up, ask them if it would have been OK if you would

have quietly taken away their lives before they got a chance to appeal to life.

Its quite a deligtgul way they abort children ist it? disgust.gif They take a small

tube and suck out their brains as a start.... does't that make a statment of

somekind? Maybe.... "humans = animals, so I don't care!?" Just for the record,

I acknowledge your right to choose. To choose the stage when life starts.

Let me give you an upshot of things to come if left open:

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

You have no clue.

You are the one who has no clue.

You blithering idiot.

God created life at conception.

There is no God you blithering idiot.

Etc.

Thats what he said. I alone cannot control the outcome of this

thread. Where is disturbed?

Edited by Norman

Abortion?

I have a simplistic approach to the subject:

It's the chick's body. If she wants an abortion then I say go for it thumbsup.gif

We're overpopulated as it is...we need MORE abortions!

Fair enough Norman, good answer.

So, the people who view humans as equals to animals, do they generally believe in abortion while those who see humans as higher beings believe in life at all costs?

More for my curiosity than anything else. I personally am for abortion, and believe humans are equal to all animals and forms of life.

more teaching about pressures of having a baby and parent responsibility (young people tend to have abortions). sounds pretty easy to me.

always choose the most caring, logical choice. What would you tell your mother?  wink2.gif

458529[/snapback]

What about living, breathing, pain-feeling concious animals that are constantly slaughered so you can feed yourself needlessly on their flesh. Should not they have the right to live more than a organism that does not breath for itself, or even know it is alive??

458549[/snapback]

We kill animals for food (Well, most of us do.)

Why should a fetus be killed? The only reason people kill it is so they don't have to live up the the responsibility that they created by having sex.

And no offense or anything, but I'd rather kill and eat an animal over a fetus. At least animals have meat on them. mellow.gif

Just for the record,

I acknowledge your right to choose. To choose the stage when life starts.

On a different note, some even set the stage for when life ends.

Did you know that some even fail to care for the old? I mean, if they

are old animals nearing their deaths, they are as good as dead.

What can they benefit mankinds evolution into a brigter future?

Does it not sturr a terrible feeling in your gut that abortion is the

same as killing human life? Sure.... we're much more evolved

than the animals we see today. (my point exactly w00t.gif )

But abortion is like cutting off your future. If you believe that evolution

is the future, we should be over populating.

Edited by Norman

Where is disturbed?

Sorry. My computer is a lot slower than everyone else's. I'm trying to run a Windows 98 on dial-up. hmm.gif What can I say? My parents live in the stone age.

And no offense or anything, but I'd rather kill and eat an animal over a fetus. At least animals have meat on them.  mellow.gif

I think I have to agree with you that killing and eating an animal is far better than killing and eating a fetus. ohmy.gif

Ditto. I don't know what a fetus tastes like, but I'll rather go for the

beef steak. Besides, we dominate the rest of the species now, do we not? Wiping out their race is different than wiping out our own.

more teaching about pressures of having a baby and parent responsibility (young people tend to have abortions).  sounds pretty easy to me.

458577[/snapback]

I agree. All I've ever heard in school is that random sex could lead to STDs and unwanted gifts. Their solution is a condom.

I think that schools don't dabble much with the abortion issues though. I think that that could get them in trouble. Maybe a separation of church and state thing? I dunno. I do know that concerned teachers do sometimes voice and opinion, which is usually antiabortion, but state that it's just their opinion.

And no offense or anything, but I'd rather kill and eat an animal over a fetus. At least animals have meat on them.  mellow.gif

I think I have to agree with you that killing and eating an animal is far better than killing and eating a fetus. ohmy.gif

458588[/snapback]

disgusting topic. no.gif

I'm not too sure if this topic has recently be discussed (Don't throw stones! I'm the new guy.  grin2.gif ), so I want to talk about this.

For a long time people talked and talked about abortion and how it was okay/wrong. I never really had an objection to it until I knew someone who did it, and how it "changed" her life. Now I just believe that abortion is an escape route, but what really concerns me is what if the child were alive? So that's what leads me to my question. . .

Do you guys think that abortion is killing?

458434[/snapback]

Well, in my opinion, yes. Through ultrasound we can see that a fetus is aware of it's surroundings. The new 4D ultrasounds can show just how early in that starts happening. What if it happens from the beginning?