Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 6 votes

Florida Teen murdered by


  • Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#1186    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 16,065 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

View Postand then, on 12 August 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

The most disturbing aspect of this situation has been the reminder of how close to the surface our racial divide has become in the US.  People on both sides seem poised and waiting for violence and the media seems to want to instigate it so they can have something exciting to cover.  As a country we seem to be focused on ourselves like some aberrant "reality program" and it's becoming self destructive, cannibalistic even.
What I've noticed is that some groups simply won't let go of it. It is part of who they (their culture) are. I feel that it is purposefully dragged up over and over again to keep it Bumping to the top of the public contiousness. When if people just would treat each other the same, and turn the other cheek, this would be a thing of the past.

I live on a little cul-de-sac with 11 homes, 3 have Asians, one has blacks, one has Latinos and 6 have whites. And no one thinks anything about anyone of any race walking down the street ever. The only person I hate in my little bit of the neighborhood is the Old Lady that takes pictures of my car in the No Parking area when I'm unloading stuff for the house,and she sends it into the Home owners Association, and I get dinged 25 dollars. So, I feel that is justified. (The no parking is specifically for fire truck access and loading and unloading is allowed, but that does not show in a photo does it?)

I still think Zimmerman got steamrolled. Trayvon had much in his past to suggest he would confront and assault Zimmerman. And there can be no excuse of if T struck first, that Z was in self defense.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1187    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,914 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 22 October 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

What I've noticed is that some groups simply won't let go of it. It is part of who they (their culture) are. I feel that it is purposefully dragged up over and over again to keep it Bumping to the top of the public contiousness. When if people just would treat each other the same, and turn the other cheek, this would be a thing of the past.

I live on a little cul-de-sac with 11 homes, 3 have Asians, one has blacks, one has Latinos and 6 have whites. And no one thinks anything about anyone of any race walking down the street ever. The only person I hate in my little bit of the neighborhood is the Old Lady that takes pictures of my car in the No Parking area when I'm unloading stuff for the house,and she sends it into the Home owners Association, and I get dinged 25 dollars. So, I feel that is justified. (The no parking is specifically for fire truck access and loading and unloading is allowed, but that does not show in a photo does it?)

I still think Zimmerman got steamrolled. Trayvon had much in his past to suggest he would confront and assault Zimmerman. And there can be no excuse of if T struck first, that Z was in self defense.

Great post.
I have a crazy old lady who lives nearby as well.   She was fueding with a neighbor once and put a dead rabit in his mail box.   She's in her 90's, so we usually just let it go.
I agree that it seems George got a raw deal.  There just is not enough evidence one way or the other.  Pressure from racist groups should not factor into the decision.


#1188    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,981 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Quote

See the New Photo of a Bloody George Zimmerman Released by His Defense Team


The defense team for George Zimmerman on Monday released the following photo taken by a police officer on the night Florida teen Trayvon Martin was fatally shot: http://www.theblaze....s-defense-team/

Looks pretty broken . If you got pummeled in the nose like that I guarantee some of you might think you could die.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1189    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 12,649 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Apparently Z's lawyer has access to some tweets made by TM that show him to be of a violent nature as well.  While not damning evidence in itself since most teen males are jacked up on testosterone, it does fit a pattern of behavior.  Trial is set for June and I bet that even if a change of venue is granted, it will make little difference.  Looks like it will be a hot summer.

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#1190    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 16,065 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Looking at the total of public knowledge as detailed on Wikipedia...  It certainly looks like the majority of witnesses that Actually saw the two men, say that Martin was on top wailing away at Zimmerman, before Zimmerman shot him. With the pictures of the head damage he received it is clear that he could easily have been fighting for his life, or believed he was.

So, then the doubt remains as to if Martin was justified in attacking him. And that goes directly to whether Zimmerman had his gun out or not when he approached Martin. A person approaching you in the street, or sidewalk, alone in and of itself, is a very bad reason to "Hold your Ground". What was he in Fear of his Life for? Martin asking questions and threatening to call the cops? (He'd already called the cops BTW.) Someone talking to you, even aggresively, is not a good reason to initiate an assault.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1191    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 December 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:



Looks pretty broken . If you got pummeled in the nose like that I guarantee some of you might think you could die.
Posted Image


And I guarantee you that Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten punched in the nose if he didn't try to be a bad-ass and accost a stranger.  Because that's what he did, he accosted someone without good reason.

If he had just waited for the police to come, none of this would be happening. The kid would still be alive, Zimmerman would not be a murderer and no one would be arguing.   Simple as that.

If that is hard to understand look at it from the kids point of view, you're walking, talking on the phone...  someone comes up to you aggressively asking you what you are doing here, who you are... he has his hand on something that looks like a weapon...  you have no idea who it is but you're scared and want to get the hell away from this man that is in your face!

What would you do?



"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#1192    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 16,065 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 04 December 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

And I guarantee you that Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten punched in the nose if he didn't try to be a bad-ass and accost a stranger.  Because that's what he did, he accosted someone without good reason.

If he had just waited for the police to come, none of this would be happening. The kid would still be alive, Zimmerman would not be a murderer and no one would be arguing.   Simple as that.

If that is hard to understand look at it from the kids point of view, you're walking, talking on the phone...  someone comes up to you aggressively asking you what you are doing here, who you are... he has his hand on something that looks like a weapon...  you have no idea who it is but you're scared and want to get the hell away from this man that is in your face!

What would you do?

What I think I would Not Do is start a brawl with the guy with the gun. I'd instead try to keep away from him while I called the cops.

So how do you assume he was showing his weapon?

What if you assume he was Not showing his weapon?

Trayvon had plenty of opportunity to go back to the house he was staying at, but he instead ran off, then wandered around outside where he knew Zimmerman was looking for him. We could just as easily assume He was out looking for trouble too.

Edited by DieChecker, 04 December 2012 - 06:27 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1193    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 04 December 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:



What I think I would Not Do is start a brawl with the guy with the gun. I'd instead try to keep away from him while I called the cops.

So how do you assume he was showing his weapon?

What if you assume he was Not showing his weapon?

Trayvon had plenty of opportunity to go back to the house he was staying at, but he instead ran off, then wandered around outside where he knew Zimmerman was looking for him. We could just as easily assume He was out looking for trouble too.

Ok, lets assume no weapon.  Lets also assume that Trayvon WAS looking for trouble...heck, lets even assume Trayvon was high...AND wearing gang colors.

Now, should Zimmerman go up to him and take the law into his own hands?

He just called 911... Should he wait for the cops our just go accost a stranger?  

This stranger "looks" like a criminal.  But, the criminal is currently not committing a crime.  But Zimmerman did.

In accosting  Trayvon, he committed the crime of harassment.  If he touched Trayvon, it becomes assault.  If Trayvon had survived he could have pled self defense.

Why its a good idea to go up to a "dangerous" looking thug and start demanding to know why he's there?

He should have waited for the cops.

Edited by Lava_Lady, 04 December 2012 - 07:31 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#1194    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Location:Dryland

  • Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Trayvon was trying to be the bad-ass not Zimmerman.

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#1195    aztek

aztek

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,959 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 04 December 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Why its a good idea to go up to a "dangerous" looking thug and start demanding to know why he's there?

because he is a neighborhood watch capt, you don't call cops for every suspicions case.

you were not there, so stop making your assumptions look as they are facts.

it took racists pigs like shapron and jj, to get him arrested months later . there is a reason he was not arrested at the spot.

Edited by aztek, 04 December 2012 - 12:16 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1196    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,914 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Trayvon caused this.


#1197    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

    Hero Squad

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Brunswick, Canada

  • I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

The evil is strong with this thread... Very sad so many of you are this twisted.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#1198    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,914 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 04 December 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

The evil is strong with this thread... Very sad so many of you are this twisted.

What is the evil that you are speaking of?
I think most are just giving their opinion.


#1199    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:British Columbia

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Quote

What is the evil that you are speaking of?

anyone who doesnt agree with their point of view :su


#1200    aztek

aztek

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,959 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 04 December 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

And I guarantee you that Zimmerman wouldn't have gotten punched in the nose if he didn't try to be a bad-ass and accost a stranger.  Because that's what he did, he accosted someone without good reason.

oh please, you guarantee worth nothing, you were not there.

RESIDENT TROLL.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users