Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

whats your favorite urban legend?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1    Jouster

Jouster

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:40 AM

what is your favorite urban legend?

#2    Elite

Elite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

• ''If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten'' - Me

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

my fav? well id have to go with the classic hook man myth yes.gif

#3    PandoraSaurfang

PandoraSaurfang

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:49 AM

it would be the Humans Can Lick To :S

Posted Image

#4    Vez

Vez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• "Thats The Spirit"

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:24 AM

I'd have to say either the stranger in the backseat of the car, or the telephone calls coming from upstairs. I like the scary ones, which seem to revolve around babysitters (bless um!) so things like that. Anything with a horror edge.

Enid: I think only stupid people have good relationships.
Seymour: That's the spirit.

#5    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

I love urban legends, and there are so many good one's out there.  Some of my favorites are:

*Hookman*

*The Devil's Hole*

Any stories on *Roads less Traveled*

Paranormal from abandoned prisons and mental asylums..

I read them all  wink2.gif

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#6    Bish815

Bish815

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

That humans can lick too always freak me out. Or the picking up a dead hitch hiker.

#7    Jonny Wonny

Jonny Wonny

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

Hey can someone tell me about The Hookman, because I keep hearing people talk about it, but no one has ever posted the story on here sad.gif PLEASE...

#8    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

The one on the London underground, where the girl gets on the subway late at night, and it's empty except for a creepy looking guy, and two guys with a girl sitting between them. So the girl avoids the creepy looking guy by sitting across from the group. She notices the girl in the middle keeps staring at her, really out of it. Then the creepy looking guy sits down next to her, and whispers 'if you know what's good for you, you'll get off at the next stop with me.'

For some reason, the girl chooses to get off with the creepy looking guy (I wouldn't), and the guy says he is a doctor and that the girl sitting between the two guys on the subway was dead and they were propping her up. They notify security/police, who stop the subway and catch the two murderers.

It's an absurdly silly urban legend when you logically think about it, but whoever wrote it wrote it well when I first read it (alone, late at night) and it creeped me out good.

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#9    Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Pol_Pot_Lives_Again

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

• Know in your soul, like your blood knows the way.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

The "HIV-laced needles in payphone coin-slots" used to crack me up...

#10    DJK0320

DJK0320

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

• When everyone else leaves, you're stuck with yourself...--- Layne Staley

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:30 AM

I'd have to say the one with the guy walking past someone with a Kleenex and pretending to sneeze as he walks past him and blows cyanide in his face and dies within 10 seconds.

thumbsup.gif

Alice in Chains= Best band period!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!

Go UW BADGERS!!!

I'd rather die on my feet than live a life on my knees....

#11    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:37 AM

That one where the babysitter drops some acid, and decided to cook a turkey, which turns out to be the kid she was watching. How totally stupid and helarious original.gif

do your palms ever itch?

#12    Hoshii

Hoshii

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• If I can't solve the puzzle, then I am a mere loser.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

NosmoKing on Oct 14 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

The one on the London underground, where the girl gets on the subway late at night, and it's empty except for a creepy looking guy, and two guys with a girl sitting between them. So the girl avoids the creepy looking guy by sitting across from the group. She notices the girl in the middle keeps staring at her, really out of it. Then the creepy looking guy sits down next to her, and whispers 'if you know what's good for you, you'll get off at the next stop with me.'

For some reason, the girl chooses to get off with the creepy looking guy (I wouldn't), and the guy says he is a doctor and that the girl sitting between the two guys on the subway was dead and they were propping her up. They notify security/police, who stop the subway and catch the two murderers.

It's an absurdly silly urban legend when you logically think about it, but whoever wrote it wrote it well when I first read it (alone, late at night) and it creeped me out good.

Isn't this from creepypasta? lol I liked this one too, I actually thought it was true *sighs*

Oh blah. >_e

Posted Image
Rawr :D!

#13    fluw

fluw

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

The "Human can lick too" one is pretty amazing...and I think my favorites urban legends are the one about disney (found on snope), especially the REAL one, of the naked girl in the movie "The Rescuers"
Since I don't like to be scare, I don't like the horror one..even if I keep reading them all night long, here or there, and freaking out...

#14    LoveLikeWinter

LoveLikeWinter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:13 AM

I have a ton, but probably either the Hook Man, the if your roommate dies in college you get all As one, Bloody Mary, and the Phantom Hitchhiker (in all its different variations lol)

~Heather~

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."- Joseph Conrad

#15    Hitman

Hitman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:33 AM

Jouster on Apr 12 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

what is your favorite urban legend?

My favorite urban legend? OK I have two. I know you said one but I can't get it down to one. The first one is an urban legend from when I was a kid. It may be restricted to Oakland, CA AFAIK. It's about a guy who rapes children named "Billy Do". I guess it's more of a scary kids story like the Boogie Man. Apparently Bill or Mr. Do was some sort of criminal who got caught raping kids. He was sentenced to life in prison. However Billy Do escaped now he roams the streets of Oakland trying to rape kids. Kids would roam the streets late at night and say, "Billy Do is after you. Billy Do is after you." OK that's stretching it but it was a legend and I was in the city.

The second urban legend is one being pimped by Alex Jones and it's about the Internet2. Alex Jones is saying the Internet2 will give ISPs the ability to force users to pay to visit certain sites. Why this is an urban legend is because ISPs and anyone can charge a per site fee. Anyone can allow only password access to their location on the Internet. FTP sites and online game servers do this all the time. Alex Jones apparently doesn't know Internet technology much. The Internet2 is nothing more than an update to the current Internet. That means the TCIP/IP we use today will have it's speed upgraded. The connections to utilize this new Internet protocol will be copper, wireless and fiber. Mostly it will be copper wire we used now but with fiber close by to boost speeds. Eventually it will be mostly fiber as it will be more cost effective and it probably uses less power. But that's just the method of delivery, the hardware. When the actual Internet2 is implemented, Alex Jones and most people won't even notice. But it is fun to see people totally freak out at this urban legend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users