Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFC fighter breaks leg

SoulFire

(((BRUTAL)))

linked-image

At last night's UFC Fight For The Troops, Corey Hill was doing pretty well against Dale Hartt in one of the preliminary fights. It looked like he had won the first round, but a little bit into the 2nd, that suddenly didn't matter anymore.

Hill tried to kick Hartt, and Hartt raised his leg to defend it. Their shins hit each other, and Hills leg literally snapped in half. The fight continued for a few moments longer, until the ref realized how serious it was. At first, it looked like Hill may have just stumbled, and Hartt moved in to finish the fight as Hill went down, not yet realizing what had happened.

Announcer Joe Rogan and some other officials ringside began screaming to stop the fight, once they saw the damage to Hill's leg. The referee stepped in and called the fight immediately. Hartt was initially upset, because he felt that the fight had been stopped prematurely, but then he saw Hill's leg and understood.

The fight was officially stopped 20 seconds into the 2nd round.

Hartt obviously felt bad about it after the fight, and had some great things to say about Hill:

"Me and Corey, we cut weight together, we've been talking the whole time, and Corey's an awesome dude, and I wanted to beat him with every bit of my heart, but I don't want to see him like this."

There is video of this and the other fights at the UFC website.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Corey-Hill-Break...oops-Blog-15925

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deadclown6

• chaoszerg

• MissMelsWell

• SoulFire

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

Hill Undergoes Surgery, out for up to 18 Months

UFC lightweight Corey Hill underwent surgery for a broken leg Thursday morning at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The injury was sustained in the second round of his bout against Dale Hartt on Wednesday’s UFC Fight for The Troops card at the Crown Coliseum.

Expected to be out of action anywhere from a year to 18 months, Hill is currently resting in the hospital with his family. The former Ultimate Fighter standout is handling the injury well and is in good spirits a day after suffering the clean break to his right leg while throwing a kick which was blocked by Hartt.

OMG, that's just horrific.

Although, back in the late 1970's I was at an FC Sounders game (soccer) and I saw a player from the New York Wave slide tackle a Sounder forward and broke his leg clean in half and the bone actually penetrated his skin. The sound of that break positively ECHOED through the Kingdome and the sight was horrible. But I swear, it's the sound I'll never forget. If I remember correctly, about a year later that player was back on the field, but he was never the player that he was previously.

My sister also played pro women's soccer, but occasionally played amature indoor soccer as well. During one of her indoor games I saw her kick a gal in teh achilles tendon which broke... that was a really gross sight. The tendon snapped at the ankle and you could actually see that tendon coiled up in the back of her calf. It gives me the willies just thinking about it now. From what I understand, that gal never really recovered fully from the tendon separation.

Edited by MissMelsWell

MMW- My mum winced when she read that. She said it's very rare for someone to recover from a broken Achilles Tendon.

That picture is pretty disgusting. Mkaes me think of that video that everyone was watching a few years ago. Apparently it was some guy falling and breaking his leg. According to my mum, it was a fake :P