Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

crypto deathmatch volume 1

orangepeaceful79

Tough call. The fairy's a real lightweight but the mermaid can't handle a hook.

Ah, what the hell, I'll put a fin on the mermaid. The scales are in her favor.

Who is your money on? FIGHT!

Describe the arena, please.

Who is your money on? FIGHT!

You clearly have entirely too much time on your hands. Get a second job or hobby.

• Like 1

Describe the arena, please.

Arena is underwater. Fairy is allowed a breathing apparatus if unable to make some magical spell happen to allow for respiration.

You clearly have entirely too much time on your hands. Get a second job or hobby.

Haha. I work 2 jobs already. All the other threads were stale and i was feeling punchy.....coincedentally at one of my jobs. Its very slow at the group home from 10 pm to midnight when all the clients are asleep.

Um, a mermaid is a kind of fairy. So it would depend on what kind of fairy the mermaid is set against. Is it another mermaid or something else?

Brillaint idea for a thread series.

You should have added a poll! :P

Erm, this is a difficult one, it depends if Mermaids are the evil Siren type or the disney type. lol

If it was Tinkerbell vs Ariel, I'd go for Tinkerbell. If it was the myhtical Siren Mermaid vs the Mythical Fairy, I'd got for the Mermaid.

Arena is underwater. Fairy is allowed a breathing apparatus if unable to make some magical spell happen to allow for respiration.

In that case fairy loses in about 2 seconds. Can't fly underwater so no way to dodge attacks.

In that case fairy loses in about 2 seconds. Can't fly underwater so no way to dodge attacks.

Fairies are magical....they can do whatever they flippin well feel like, i say.

Brillaint idea for a thread series.

You should have added a poll! :P

Erm, this is a difficult one, it depends if Mermaids are the evil Siren type or the disney type. lol

If it was Tinkerbell vs Ariel, I'd go for Tinkerbell. If it was the myhtical Siren Mermaid vs the Mythical Fairy, I'd got for the Mermaid.

Thanks by the way. I kinda just figured that all this paranormal stuff is pretty ridiculous to start with, so why not take it all the way to absurd. I catch myself taking it way to seriously at times and this seemed like a great way to keep things light.

• Like 2

Mermaid to win this one, only due to the home advantage...

By the way Orangepeaceful, I never thought I would see a thread on Mermaids and Fairies without people jumping in to add 'they're not real' comments. Well played on that :tu:

I'm sure there were those who thought such a discussion would be frivolous - after all we are usually busy discussing the very critical issue of cryptids....but its always easier to stay awake in math class after one has had a bit of recess, now isn't it? I'd have to say my my money would be on the mermaid in this situation. Now mermaid vs. nessie? That might be a whole other ball of duct tape.

I'm sure there were those who thought such a discussion would be frivolous - after all we are usually busy discussing the very critical issue of cryptids....but its always easier to stay awake in math class after one has had a bit of recess, now isn't it? I'd have to say my my money would be on the mermaid in this situation. Now mermaid vs. nessie? That might be a whole other ball of duct tape.

Sounds good, but surely we need rules. For example if we bring Nessie in, is it Plesiosaur Nessie or Long Necked Newt Nessie?

Or am I just ruining things?

I say the rules are fudgeable, debateable, and subject to each poster's whim. It'll make things more interesting. probably ought to start a new thread though...

Now now ,this IS his hobby .

Faeries have special powers .Mermaids can die out of water .

I'm with the Faeries ...

Well, since no one said what kind of fairy is up against the mermaid... I choose Ankou. Ankou is a reaper of the fairy realm, and death is sure to kick butt over any other fairy, including mermaids :) But if using fairy death is considered cheating... Leanan Sidhe is a good choice I think- she will suck a mermaid dry for her cauldron :) I'm sure there would be better fairies to use, but I didn't feel like digging around this morning, lol.

Edit: I do think fairy vs mermaid is funny... it's kind of like saying animal vs lion.

Edited by rashore

Well, since no one said what kind of fairy is up against the mermaid... I choose Ankou. Ankou is a reaper of the fairy realm, and death is sure to kick butt over any other fairy, including mermaids :) But if using fairy death is considered cheating... Leanan Sidhe is a good choice I think- she will suck a mermaid dry for her cauldron :) I'm sure there would be better fairies to use, but I didn't feel like digging around this morning, lol.

Edit: I do think fairy vs mermaid is funny... it's kind of like saying animal vs lion.

I obviously was not well versed in fairy lore. My bad. Looks like the mermaid won just to get devoured by Nessie. Maybe there will be a second chance round for runner up later on. we can split hairs over fairy types then. :)

I obviously was not well versed in fairy lore. My bad. Looks like the mermaid won just to get devoured by Nessie. Maybe there will be a second chance round for runner up later on. we can split hairs over fairy types then. :)

I don't think it's your bad.. Just a lot of wee folk lore out there that people don't know about. A lot of criptids, ghosts, and other random lore are fairy based.

But hey, I'm loving the deathmatch action... gives a lot of folks some crossover action into new lore.

Edit: gagh, I loathe the word fairy.

Edited by rashore