Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate change means catastrophe in UK

Still Waters

Global warming in Britain will not mean a nice "café culture, sitting outside sipping lattes" but heatwaves that kill vulnerable elderly people and catastrophic flooding, a climate change expert has warned.

http://www.telegraph...-professor.html

• Like 2

Oh, I say... I wonder if that means air conditioning will become a standard here instead of a luxury.

We got central heat... so why not central air conditioning!

..not that we actually need it well not at the moment, but maybe one day... one day.

Here we go again. Yet more "climate change" doommongering.

"We are all going to die! Millions of us, especially the elderly, are all going to frazzle, and billions of people around the world are going to drown because of rising sea levels! We are doomed! Doomed! The end is nigh!"

What a load of over-the-top, exaggerated tripe, especially when the Met Office admitted in December that there is no global warming (something which the writer of that silly article is deciding, for reasons best known to himself and his newspaper, to ignore).

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

"We are all going to die! Millions of us, especially the elderly, are all going to frazzle, and billions of people around the world are going to drown because of rising sea levels! We are doomed! Doomed! The end is nigh!"

What a load of over-the-top, exaggerated tripe, especially when the Met Office admitted in December that there is no global warming (something which the writer of that silly article is deciding, for reasons best known to himself and his newspaper, to ignore).

No they did not.

Since you are so convinced you are right about what the Met Office reported - please supply us with the exact quote from them which says that global warming stopped.

I am waiting !!

Br Cornelius

Well, I am not surprised. The prediction for the Aegean Islands was that it would get wetter, something we really did not mind. And it got wetter, just the rain days have not increased...they are more torrential now.

totally agree, catastrophe indeed, with the UK's small landmass and position off the Atlantic Ocean, and our longitude, latitude, position of the gulf stream, and Jet stream means the UK's weather as and will always remain unpredictable. that is why us Brits have the weather as our number one topic of choice for conversation.

Br makes me laugh, he moved from the UK to go and live in one of the wettest and hence dull murky, overcast country's in the world Ireland. and then moans about global warming. :lol:

• Like 1

this is what all those people who dislike and moan about the british weather deserve. If you dont like the weather in Britain sod off!

• Like 1

this is what all those people who dislike and moan about the british weather deserve. If you dont like the weather in Britain sod off!

LOL! That's what Seattle says to the rest of the USA. I understand that we have very similar weather.

LOL! That's what Seattle says to the rest of the USA. I understand that we have very similar weather.

So I've heard.

I enjoy wet rainy weather and dull overcast skies so I'm sure I'd like the climate of Seattle. Not to mention the great bands that have come from there!

So I've heard.

I enjoy wet rainy weather and dull overcast skies so I'm sure I'd like the climate of Seattle. Not to mention the great bands that have come from there!

Well if you ever come for a holiday (this to any UMer's) let me know and we'll arrange to meet for a meal and drinks or something. There's alot of good food here too.
  • Like 1

totally agree, catastrophe indeed, with the UK's small landmass and position off the Atlantic Ocean, and our longitude, latitude, position of the gulf stream, and Jet stream means the UK's weather as and will always remain unpredictable. that is why us Brits have the weather as our number one topic of choice for conversation.

Br makes me laugh, he moved from the UK to go and live in one of the wettest and hence dull murky, overcast country's in the world Ireland. and then moans about global warming. :lol:

I expect no more from you SW... UK is part of the Eurasian Landmass; The Jetstream caused huge damage last year when it failed to move from its nomal seasonal change; The Gulf Stream has diminished by 30% in the last 20 years (WILL lead to Scandinavian weather in the UK), Autumnal Arctic Ice at record lows.... it goes on and on.

Where a person chooses to live is totally irrelevant,and whilst you think it amusing, it is just another "Deniers" attempt to deflect from reality

@Oversword: I spent enough time with Boeing (Seattle) to know that only a duck or a Penguin would volunteer to go back there :whistle: People and food were great though!! :yes:

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

Complaining about the weather is a great British pastime!

It's our weather and we can complain about it all we like. If you don't like us complaining, why don't you 'sod off'!

:)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

@Oversword: I spent enough time with Boeing (Seattle) to know that only a duck or a Penguin would volunteer to go back there :whistle: People and food were great though!! :yes:

But since 'global warming' has been occurring it's only wet and cold when there's weather. On the days without weather its like living in the tropics now :ph34r:

Edited by OverSword

It's culture unfortunately, I bet people back in the 40's or earlier moan about the cold or heat.

• Like 1

It's culture unfortunately, I bet people back in the 40's or earlier moan about the cold or heat.

Everyone who doesn't like the British weather should be made to leave the country for good! It would solve the overpopulation crsis here and also I wouldn't have to listen to people moaning about the British weather I like so much.

Everyone who doesn't like the British weather should be made to leave the country for good! It would solve the overpopulation crsis here and also I wouldn't have to listen to people moaning about the British weather I like so much.

kick chavs out i say

• Like 1

funny how it's called global warming when the talk is of ice caps melting, but called climate change when we have a few bits of rain.

I once spent a winter in amsterdam that was so cold it froze my brake fluid and diesel, and the dutch didn't call it ANYTHING,

they just bought scarves.....

• Like 1

I once spent a winter in amsterdam that was so cold it froze my brake fluid and diesel, and the dutch didn't call it ANYTHING,

lol

In the words of a Scottish comedian, "There's no such thing as bad weather. You're just wearing the wrong clothes."

Edit: Easy to say when you're from a country that doesn't experience the extremes, though... I must admit.

Edited by Eldorado

funny how it's called global warming when the talk is of ice caps melting, but called climate change when we have a few bits of rain.

It called continental weather and its typical. Berlin has long periods with temperature down to -16C and no one passes comment. Its called climate change when these prevailing climatic conditions significantly change - which is what is happening in the UK, a shift to wetter milder winters with all of the consequent flooding that comes with it.

Global warming causes climate change. Climate change can be anything that moves away from the prevailing conditions for a given area.

Learn the basics.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I generally like the British weather, just not the new global warming version :tu:

Br Cornelius

I don't have any scarves to sell and my cold-weather stuff is all in lockers in the States, since I have no use for them here.

I do worry about the Mekong delta. but by the time its flooding gets serious I'll be long dead. Not very nice of this generation to load the problem on the next.

Global warming in Britain will not mean a nice "café culture, sitting outside sipping lattes" but heatwaves that kill vulnerable elderly people and catastrophic flooding, a climate change expert has warned.

http://www.telegraph...-professor.html

So what do elderly people do in greece or italy? Do thousands of them die every year from the heat & if so what's being done about it?

I generally like the British weather, just not the new global warming version :tu:

Br Cornelius

What NEW version? in your own words.