Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Neoconservatism is Stupid


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,412 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

Since so much of our blood and treasure is spilled on behalf of so many pathetic puppets and patsies in the Middle East, and since so much of Neocon economic policy is US foreign policy, a video showcasing Mitt Romney's neocon tendencies belongs on the Middle East forum.  



"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Unsafe at Any Speed

  • Member
  • 24,086 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

He does make some pertinent points, I feel; however, I suppose the question that's on everybody's lips is, does Mitch Romney, and the Neocons in general, really believe guff like "America can spread democracy; it knows how", or is it all about acting in the interests of the business interests that back them? Do they actually have any beliefs or principles, even if they are misguided or downright idiotic? is it better or worse if they do?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#3    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,361 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

View Post747400, on 12 October 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

He does make some pertinent points, I feel; however, I suppose the question that's on everybody's lips is, does Mitch Romney, and the Neocons in general, really believe guff like "America can spread democracy; it knows how", or is it all about acting in the interests of the business interests that back them? Do they actually have any beliefs or principles, even if they are misguided or downright idiotic? is it better or worse if they do?
I lean to the belief that neocon ideals are self serving and business oriented.  But they also tend to help Israel so I unabashedly support much of what is done.  Much but not all.  They are over the top in their rhetoric about spreading democracy, in fact it's a joke.  But they as a group are the only ones with the balls to stand against Islamic terror and not try to appease it.  For that reason alone I would support them.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,412 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postand then, on 12 October 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I lean to the belief that neocon ideals are self serving and business oriented.  But they also tend to help Israel so I unabashedly support much of what is done.  Much but not all.  They are over the top in their rhetoric about spreading democracy, in fact it's a joke.  But they as a group are the only ones with the balls to stand against Islamic terror and not try to appease it.  For that reason alone I would support them.
What is some evidence that suggests it's just a joke?   What are some examples of this over the top rhetoric?

Neocon business is business for foreign oil wrapped up in patriotism using the military as pawns for their doublespeak about democracy and freedom.  Maybe they really believe that more oil for America is more democracy for the rest of the world, since they believe in "American Exceptionalism" and believe that America has a unique position in the world to impose its will on the behavior of foreigners to make the world a better place.  And when the business consists of blood, bullets and bombs, it takes a lot of oil flowing in and oil burning out to make that business happen.

This is no joke.  I don't see any sign of joking here.   This blood curdling serious.  Maybe that's too easy to forget when you're only willing to see politicians "use the military" and not have any role in it.  When your butt's not on the line, I suppose it might look like "in fact a joke".

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#5    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,361 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostYamato, on 12 October 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

What is some evidence that suggests it's just a joke?   What are some examples of this over the top rhetoric?

Neocon business is business for foreign oil wrapped up in patriotism using the military as pawns for their doublespeak about democracy and freedom.  Maybe they really believe that more oil for America is more democracy for the rest of the world, since they believe in "American Exceptionalism" and believe that America has a unique position in the world to impose its will on the behavior of foreigners to make the world a better place.  And when the business consists of blood, bullets and bombs, it takes a lot of oil flowing in and oil burning out to make that business happen.

This is no joke.  I don't see any sign of joking here.   This blood curdling serious.  Maybe that's too easy to forget when you're only willing to see politicians "use the military" and not have any role in it.  When your butt's not on the line, I suppose it might look like "in fact a joke".
A joke as in their protestations about democracy are not to be taken seriously - it's just business as usual.  But your stance is no better imo.  You want to live in some fantasy world where everything is done to your specs and the rest of the world be damned, in effect.  That isn't reality Yam.  Yes, if enough people want that kind of change we could make the world a better place.  Do you see a queue forming?  The neo cons at least are willing to fight the enemy where you want to talk them to death.  They have a limited vocabulary, in case you hadn't noticed.....

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,412 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postand then, on 12 October 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

A joke as in their protestations about democracy are not to be taken seriously - it's just business as usual.  But your stance is no better imo.  You want to live in some fantasy world where everything is done to your specs and the rest of the world be damned, in effect.  That isn't reality Yam.  Yes, if enough people want that kind of change we could make the world a better place.  Do you see a queue forming?  The neo cons at least are willing to fight the enemy where you want to talk them to death.  They have a limited vocabulary, in case you hadn't noticed.....
Everything is done to the bureaucrats' specs and the rest of the country be damned is reality.   The neocons create the enemy.  That's how they generate the demand for their business.  

People are the same all over the world despite the neocons' bloody habit of dividing people up to conquer certain groups in favor of other groups.   Governments want power.  Corporations want profit.  Individuals want to be treated fairly.  Individuals desire freedom in their lives, peace in their minds, harmony in their habitats and love in their hearts.   It's no surprise that the best results come from individuals.  It is surprising how often governments and corporations convince people to abandon their own true interests.

Fighting an idea or a word in the dictionary with military weapons in a sandbox is not going to win a war.  It's going to destroy America from the inside out with stupid bankrupting wars of weakening that are going nowhere.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,361 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostYamato, on 12 October 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Everything is done to the bureaucrats' specs and the rest of the country be damned is reality.   The neocons create the enemy.  That's how they generate the demand for their business.  

People are the same all over the world despite the neocons' bloody habit of dividing people up to conquer certain groups in favor of other groups.   Governments want power.  Corporations want profit.  Individuals want to be treated fairly.  Individuals desire freedom in their lives, peace in their minds, harmony in their habitats and love in their hearts.   It's no surprise that the best results come from individuals.  It is surprising how often governments and corporations convince people to abandon their own true interests.

Fighting an idea or a word in the dictionary with military weapons in a sandbox is not going to win a war.  It's going to destroy America from the inside out with stupid bankrupting wars of weakening that are going nowhere.
Is everything a gubmint conspiracy to you?  Do you actually believe that the US has no real enemies or that we can somehow just ignore them, regardless how it all got started?  That's a fantasy Yam.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,412 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

View Postand then, on 12 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Is everything a gubmint conspiracy to you?  Do you actually believe that the US has no real enemies or that we can somehow just ignore them, regardless how it all got started?  That's a fantasy Yam.
I didn't say gubmint, I said neocon, and it's not a conspiracy if that's where nearly all the money we have to spend on foreigners is going (to the bureaucratically beloved Middle East).

Not agreeing with you or learning not to fight unwinnable wars against words in the dictionary isn't code for "just ignoring them".

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users