Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign

glorybebe

CLEVELAND - A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to avoid a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children will have to stand at an intersection wearing a sign warning about idiots.

Court records show a Cleveland Municipal Court judge on Monday ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to stand at an intersection for two days next week. She will have to wear a sign saying: "Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."

http://www.theprovince.com/cars/Woman+drove+sidewalk+avoid+school+ordered+wear+idiot/7505368/story.html

We need more judges like this! But, she should have had to do this more than just two mornings, IMO.

• Like 7

That's justice!

And it's funny :lol:

She wont do that again...

• Like 1

Wow i wonder if wearing a sign like that will have any effect .Will an idiot really care or feel shame?

No, because there an idiot !

Heh this kinda made my day. It does make me wonder, does she do it often? Because obviously the buss driver was waiting for it.

• Like 1

That's justice!

I disagree. It's vengeance and the Judge is a disgrace, in my opinion of course.

• Like 3

I disagree. It's vengeance and the Judge is a disgrace, in my opinion of course.

People get off too lightly when they do idiotic things like this. She could have killed a child just because she didn't want to wait for the school bus. We need SOMETHING to remind this woman that what she did was just unacceptable. I see so many parents driving like idiots in school zones, not thinking what it would do to their child if they actually hit another child. There are rules of the road for a reason. They aren't just for a few, they are for EVERYONE.

• Like 5

Heh this kinda made my day. It does make me wonder, does she do it often? Because obviously the buss driver was waiting for it.

Yes she did it before. I have seen the full video on you tube awhile back and he says she does it almost everytime they encounter her. thats why the cop was waiting for her as well.

People get off too lightly when they do idiotic things like this. She could have killed a child just because she didn't want to wait for the school bus. We need SOMETHING to remind this woman that what she did was just unacceptable. I see so many parents driving like idiots in school zones, not thinking what it would do to their child if they actually hit another child. There are rules of the road for a reason. They aren't just for a few, they are for EVERYONE.

The country has set punishments for offences. They include imprisonment, fines, community service etc. Public humiliation of a person, and their family, is not an option in any decent society.

• Like 6

The country has set punishments for offences. They include imprisonment, fines, community service etc. Public humiliation of a person, and their family, is not an option in any decent society.

Don't you think Community Service is humiliating too? Having to pick up litter, scrub off graffiti and trim hedges - all with a fluorescent uniform on in the area they live!

• Like 1

I sort of have to agree, humiliation isn't going to deter anyone from doing it, as noone else is stupid enough to endanger children like that.

Sending her to gaol is a waste of tax payer money. A fine would be "meh" and paid off. I'd have given her community service as a school bus driver :D

I have to agree with you.The judge is supposed to be a figure of authority, all he's doing is humiliating this woman by turning her into a laughing stock. He could have dealt with it better imo by issuing a more sensible punishment to fit the crime..This isn't the dark ages.

• Like 1

Don't you think Community Service is humiliating too? Having to pick up litter, scrub off graffiti and trim hedges - all with a fluorescent uniform on in the area they live!

You really can't see the difference?

Well I think she is an 'idiot' and she will have learnt a big lesson. Good. But just because I think it's good, dosen't mean it's right I guess.

As for a suitable punishment? Not sure there TBH, but then no one is paying me to be judge (sadly). I think it would have been good if she had to volunteer at the emergency section of a children's hospital or even do time as a 'lolly pop' lady just so she can see that children can be all over the place when they are crossing a road, getting off a bus/tram etc.

I don't know how often it happens but I saw a documentary about young hoon drivers here being made to visit car accident victims in hospital and talk to the parents of badly injured victims. Fair to say, the message started getting through to them that maybe it's not such a great idea to drink and drive, speed like hoon etc.

• Like 2

thats lame, throw eggs at her or something i feel like she is getting off to easy.

• Like 3

I am amused.

I don't think you can ever give the "right" punishment though. Someone always got it too hard or too easy in the eyes of the population. If she just got a fine some people would be like "Oh just deserved more! She coulda killed children!". If she gets a fine slightly too high people are like "Oh thats ridiculous! All she did was drive on a sidewalk for a second!"

• Like 2

http://www.theprovin...5368/story.html

We need more judges like this! But, she should have had to do this more than just two mornings, IMO.

Keep Death off the road, Drive on the footpath..She Deserves to be banned FOREVER.

I am amused.

I don't think you can ever give the "right" punishment though. Someone always got it too hard or too easy in the eyes of the population. If she just got a fine some people would be like "Oh just deserved more! She coulda killed children!". If she gets a fine slightly too high people are like "Oh thats ridiculous! All she did was drive on a sidewalk for a second!"

EXACTLY.. regardless of what the punishment was...there will be someone in to yap over it saying it is unfair..

• Like 3

I think public humiliation is a great punishment...however I am learning that it is simply impossible to embarass most Americans...they have no shame...

• Like 5

Yes she did it before. I have seen the full video on you tube awhile back and he says she does it almost everytime they encounter her. thats why the cop was waiting for her as well.

If what you are saying is true.. then she needed more than the idiot sign...Unbelievable how she thought that was ok to do it again.. I am glad she was caught

• Like 1

She knew what she was doing was wrong and didn't care, wasn't the first time either. So I think the public humiliation may of been just right for her now maybe she won't do it again and end up hurting someone.

For some the cost of the fine doesn't bother them and they see it as no punishment at all.

Oh I can! And having thought about it some more I think it was wrong of the judge. :)

Think a little more and you might consider that the judge may have taken into account (and I'm inventing all of this) that she is a single mother working part time with a butt-load of credit card debt so the judge may have said either pay this huge fine or wear this sign. I'll bet you anything it's something like that.
  • Like 1