Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Used to meditate when i was young

twlott

When i was about 9 my neighbor was teaching me how to meditate she was telling me to picture a movie screen but I would only see indigo colored clouds. that was way back in 1981. Now I have started to meditate again and I am seeing the Indigo colored clouds again. I am trying to meditate every day for almost a month now and i have seen some pictures flash in my mind but they come and go to fast so I cant really make out what they are. I have seen people and places that i dont recognize. are the Indigo clouds what i should see? I have so many questions i just dont know where to start. any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you should see, it could be different for everyone. I did want to welcome you to the forum though.

Do you think these flashes of pictures you see are visions of the future or past?

I dont know what the flashes are. the meditation is different this time around then what i remember when i was a kid. now my body gets really hot and my forehead hurts durning and after i get done. its like a throbbing. Does your head hurt like that?

Meditation is good, and my story is kinda like yours, except I'm older than you, just turned 65. I've been telling myself lately that I need to get back into meditation too. :yes:

As for your thoughts you mentioned, don't try to make out your thoughts, don't try to define them in rational terms. It's not a rational experience so much as a spiritual experience. You must let your thoughts flow and move through that part of your mind, move out of your mind.

The eastern cultures are much more spiritual than the western cultures.

Edited by Babe Ruth

its different for every person, and for me its different every time. sometimes ill see really deep vivid indigo, like a screensaver. but like babe ruth said, try not to rationalize it, at least not while meditating.

I dont know what the flashes are. the meditation is different this time around then what i remember when i was a kid. now my body gets really hot and my forehead hurts durning and after i get done. its like a throbbing. Does your head hurt like that?

The hurting on your forehead can be linked to your third eye, during mediation you can access universal knowledge and energy via his 'vision' of the eye.

Try not to force or to stop this. Let it flow - you may be resisting and this is casuing tension in the area of the third eye.

Its wants to open, and show you its wonder

It is different for everyone. And for me, like Mayonnaise said, it's different every time...try to let go of any expectations. Sometimes I feel a slight pressure in my forehead. It doesn't hurt really, but it can be distracting.

is there a position i should use to get better results? i have read you should sit and or lay down.

Edited by twlott

for focus, its better to sit up. when lying down i find it hard to not just fall asleep. some people have told me ki flows better when sitting up. just do whatever's best for you.

• Like 1

I was in a group meditation last night with a bunch of crystal bowls. I didn't see anything, but I was purposely staying away from the guided visualization, not wanting to make something happen, but instead waiting to see if anything filled the void. When I try to keep tabs on whether I'm doing it right is when it all goes wrong. So I just watch my thoughts come & go, without making any judgments, without any expectations and know that at the very least, at the end of it I'll be more relaxed. I love those crystal bowls, they have beautiful voices.

Edited by Beany

• 4 weeks later...

In my experience it is best to just get yourself into a position that you feel overall relaxed and comfortale. You want to use as little muscle to hold your position. I either lay or sit in a propped up position. When you are comfortable just concentrate on your breathing and clear your mind. When you've cleared your mind fill it with nothing but happy thoughts, of tbe things that

In my experience it is best to just get yourself into a position that you feel overall relaxed and comfortale. You want to use as little muscle to hold your position. I either lay or sit in a propped up position. When you are comfortable just concentrate on your breathing and clear your mind. When you've cleared your mind fill it with nothing but happy thoughts, of the things that bring you joy. This is the path to true happiness.