Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Big Unified Sig Thread,,

hunterkiller2001

I know, i've been here long enough to be able to figure out where to put a sig test. I wanna get suggestions from people tho, and there's no real category to put this under.

I would love it if the mods were to add a "Sig/Avatar" showoff section in.. I find great joy in making sigs, for myself, and for other people =P

Currently this sig is in a "beta" form.. i made it in about 5 minutes using Bryce to render the frames, then threw them together in Image ready.

It's currently over 300k.. but I'll smooth it out, and get the file size down.

I just wanna get some suggestions as to what i should do to make it look better.

user posted image

Edit.. i have it set to repeat so fast for a reason: So people with slow connections can load the image, and still view it =P

It'll eventually end with my name, and I may cut the dimensions down a bit to help with the file size issue.

I'm thinking it needs some sort of particle effect when it "warps" off the screen.

I also thought about making a different background.. The sky and the ocean just seems cheesy.

I can render anything in bryce from complete city scapes, to entire forests. Mountains, you name it.

Edit:

Merged all sig threads (or most of them) into this one, please discuss all sig related issues here or show off your recent work.

Edit 2:

Changed the subtitle, so that people, hopefully, will understand a bit better that all sig related stuff goes in here...

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janiel

• Scorpius

• BurnSide

• Mr. Fahrenheit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moved to the boonies already.. The mod couldn't even say how bad the sig was crying.gif (j/k saruman)

user posted image

Made it smaller for the time being so it loads faster for people (don't want it to become a nusience)

Added flashy warpy thingy..

The file size dropped to just over 100k.. I think the final image will sit around 125-150k, considering it's an animated image that contains 17 frames, thats not that bad.

It may be less if i cut out frames, but then i REALLY need to smooth the way the ship moves..

Ya know.. I'm getting the hang of this new Program. Corel Bryce. It's Sweeet for making landscapes really fast, And what i can do in 10 minutes on here, is about equal to a few hours in Maya.

As far as this Sig thing goes, i REALLY wish i could use Maya to make it.. it'd look SWEET. But, i promised myself i'd learn Bryce with this. whistling2.gif

user posted image

i like the last one way better. its the dark colors. the bit at the end of your present sig is just hilarious about the religion, politics, and stake burnings. the ocean/sky one just isnt as good.

i love the sig i have now =P

I've used it since... wow, like 6 years now.

I have over 1.5 GB of sigs that i've made for myself.

It's always hard to pick, and always fun to make new ones.

In regards to the UFO sig, i too like the dark one better.

Once i figured out how to control lighting, the sun & moon, it was a lot easier to make a darker image.

Edited by hunterkiller2001

I had that problem some time ago i got a thread for that sort of thing in the support bit somewhere wacko.gif lol

user posted image

Assuming that link worked, you should see what i'm considering for a new sig.

The Idea occured to my GF last night. We went to my father's house for a BBQ, and my sister had this inflatable dragon to use in the pool.

Stick it in some bushes, and snap a pic.

As a few of you know, I've been posting failed attempts to make a decent "UM" sig.

I've tried ghosts, UFOs, Aliens, Politics, etc. But none looked good

Gimme opinions, before i send Caddy/Nessie/champ after you!

(PS, it's 125k.. sorry, thats as small as i could get it without loosing major detail. It's animated, so if you don't catch it... refresh, as it'll already be loaded in your computer's cache.)

(Note, The "graininess" of the pic came from me loosing detail to make the file smaller.. but the grain made it look REAL good original.gif )

It's good, it really is. I like it.

Does this mean you're gonna replace that 895K block of text you use as a sig now with that animated one?

Because if you do that, you will make Phantom a very happy chappy. thumbsup.gif

Sorry if i made a rather wise-ass reply Phantom , i'm not good with sacrasim.. i thought you were serious on the 895k thing..

yes, I'm a moron

Hunter,

The point is that the block of text is unnecessarily large and uses up quite a bit of space. You may believe the assortment of quotes serve a purpose, but consider this, do you think anyone really bothers reading through all of them? Why not divide them into several smaller blocks and then rotate the selected quotes every couple of weeks or every month, improving their chances of being read and helping to conserve space on the forum. That isn't an unreasonable request, now is it?

MM

let me see what i can do.. i think i'm able to get my point across in less words..

edit.. Better MM? see, I'm not unreasonable.. but yes, i have gotten a lot of messages asking about certain quotes.. i think people read them more then my posts laugh.gif

If size of quotes is a problem, may i suggest cranking down the max characters per sig to like 900? It's at 50,000 right now.. and dear god, i could make a hell of a sig out of that

I wanted to add "Don't %^&% with my guns" but i figured that'd be bad.

btw MM, how did you like that new sig I made? Stupid? Funny?

ok D12.. gimme suggestions on how to improve it =O

Well,I remember having problems finding the properties of images when I used SBC Yahoo! DSL and my I.E. wasn't working.

But I've been using AOL and it's letting me do that stuff so..

Thing is I'm having a hard time (and I know I'm a little lazy,too,like a few others out there) finding a single post where someone can put images for their signatures.I hope that if a Mod comes across this,that they don't in any way get annoyed or upset,though. huh.gif

Oh and by the way happy.gif I did make this picture for my siggy myself.Supposed to give off a desertland effect,dried up grass and all,but some tell me it looks like an ocean??

post-68-1089273582.jpg

Edited by Withered Rose

actually rose, it looks like the ocean.

laugh.gif

edit: i need to find a genie in a lamp, so i can wish to spell correctly.

If you meant web banner, oops. I took it as you wanted a sig/tag. This is 400 x 75. I can always make a Web Banner if you want. Use it if you want.

post-68-1089522356.jpg

hmm.. Well, i've played around with your background for a bit rose.. like the last two hours.. sadly, I'm being dragged to bed.. so let me post what i consider the most unique right now...

it kinda destroyed the look of the background.. but it's pretty interesting..

post-68-1089528504.jpg

what the hell.. one more.. looks almost identical to the orignial, but it you look at it, it's got the look of actually being painted by hand

post-68-1089528568.jpg

I recently got Adobe Photoshop CS and was learning how to use it. I came out with this after a few days once I learned how to use layers. The original picture is much larger than this, around 600x400 pixels, but I shrinked it to fit as a signature, I still have the original. What do you think?

In case you're wondering, Guts is a character from a japanese cartoon called "Berserk".

post-68-1089529307.jpg

Edited by War Machine

Have merged all (or most) sig threads into this big one. Please use it to discuss sig-creating or to show off your creations.

Enjoy.

WOO! Time to show stuff off. lol

I'm a long-time PS7 user and a new person to Bryce 5.0. I'm just going to post my Bryce stuff.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

(I've tried a few landscapes, but those are all my abstracts so far.)

There are a few 3-D rendering programs people might want to try. Cinema 4D, 3-D Max, and one more I can't think of.

Hunter: If you could add me on AIM or MSN I could teach you a few things on PS7 and Bryce.

its a pity i cant make anything cool anymore...i inly have the programs at school...when i get back in school i show more